Will Nadal be Number 1 in the race by the end of clay season? - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results:

0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-19-2005, 01:24 PM   #1
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Will Nadal be Number 1 in the race by the end of clay season?

With 313 points under his belt Nadal is is the closest competitor to Federer. If he picks up a few more tournies(maybe a certain French grandslam ), he could be number 1 in the indesit race by the end of the Clay season.

Furthermore, Nadal is not defending hardly any points from 2004's clay court season so he could be number 2 in the world by the end of the year... or if Federer plunges off the deepend in his results could Nadal be the number 1 player in the world by the end of the year?!?

GO NADAL!!
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2005, 01:37 PM   #2
country flag TheMightyFed

TheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Will Nadal be Number 1 in the race by the end of clay season?

Stop smoking Wimbledon herb, it's the one that will allow Fed to remain Number 1
Old 04-19-2005, 02:19 PM   #3
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

This reminds me of some posts predicting the same for Marat two months ago Beating Roger is not immediately followed by becoming nr. 1.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:20 PM   #4

TheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin
This reminds me of some posts predicting the same for Marat two months ago Beating Roger is not immediately followed by becoming nr. 1.
And by the way, Nadal did NOT beat JesusFed !
Old 04-19-2005, 02:25 PM   #5
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhubert
And by the way, Nadal did NOT beat JesusFed !
forgive me
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:50 PM   #6
country flag RogiFan88

RogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond reputeRogiFan88 has a reputation beyond repute

No he only beat the teenager who beat Rogi then went on to beat the would-be "king of clay" to win the title.

Más vale mańa que fuerza -- proverbio espańol
"Pero, con todos mis respetos para Rafa, Federer tiene más talento." - Marat Safin
"Pero para mí el mejor es Roger Federer. / For me, the best is Roger Federer." - D. Nalbandian
"He's the best sportsman, I think, in the world. He has a lot of humble." - Rafael Nadal
"He's so charismatic." - Marcos Baghdatis
RogiFan88 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:56 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogiFan88
No he only beat the teenager who beat Rogi then went on to beat the would-be "king of clay" to win the title.
But with the "beat who beat" logic you generally don't go too far. It's not because Nadal beat Gasquet that he's superior to Roger.
Old 04-19-2005, 02:56 PM   #8
country flag intikab

intikab has a reputation beyond reputeintikab has a reputation beyond reputeintikab has a reputation beyond reputeintikab has a reputation beyond reputeintikab has a reputation beyond reputeintikab has a reputation beyond reputeintikab has a reputation beyond reputeintikab has a reputation beyond reputeintikab has a reputation beyond reputeintikab has a reputation beyond reputeintikab has a reputation beyond repute

Brad Gilbert agrees:
I can’t see anything stopping Nadal from reaching the first hard-court Masters Series final of his career; certainly not David Fererr whose 5-8 record on the year will be the equal as his height after the match. If Nadal can continue to scoop up points outside of the clay court events then he can finish the year in the number two spot. With no points to defend in the upcoming clay court season Nadal should crack the top five by the end of Roland Garrors. I expect big things from this kid.
http://www.bradgilberttennis.com/asp/bgnation.asp
intikab is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 02:57 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by intikab
Brad Gilbert agrees:
I can’t see anything stopping Nadal from reaching the first hard-court Masters Series final of his career; certainly not David Fererr whose 5-8 record on the year will be the equal as his height after the match. If Nadal can continue to scoop up points outside of the clay court events then he can finish the year in the number two spot. With no points to defend in the upcoming clay court season Nadal should crack the top five by the end of Roland Garrors. I expect big things from this kid.
http://www.bradgilberttennis.com/asp/bgnation.asp
BG still looking for a job ?
Old 04-19-2005, 04:03 PM   #10
country flag willie

willie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond reputewillie has a reputation beyond repute

jajajaja, no way, impossible.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:08 PM   #11
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

anytime anyone talks about another player becoming number 1, the Roger fans come out of the wood work. lol...I think he will be in the top 10 by the end of the clay season.
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:41 PM   #12
country flag babsi

babsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond reputebabsi has a reputation beyond repute

The future has to become the past, before anybody will know.

You might want to wait just a tat bit longer before you start speculating - like, when he is one victorie away, of it possibly happening!

These threads are like allergie season - they come and go and they are countless.

I agree with every word that you say

Call it as I see it even if I was
born deaf,blind and dumb
(Billie Joe Armstrong)
babsi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #13
country flag federer express

federer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond reputefederer express has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumus
With 313 points under his belt Nadal is is the closest competitor to Federer. If he picks up a few more tournies(maybe a certain French grandslam ), he could be number 1 in the indesit race by the end of the Clay season.

Furthermore, Nadal is not defending hardly any points from 2004's clay court season so he could be number 2 in the world by the end of the year... or if Federer plunges off the deepend in his results could Nadal be the number 1 player in the world by the end of the year?!?

GO NADAL!!
serious question?
federer express is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 05:54 PM   #14
country flag onewoman74

onewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond reputeonewoman74 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhubert
BG still looking for a job ?
very funny!! bd has been quiet as of late...i'm not surprised he resurfaces after nadal wins his 1st shield...lol
Old 04-19-2005, 06:43 PM   #15
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
anytime anyone talks about another player becoming number 1, the Roger fans come out of the wood work. lol..
Isn't this the reason you made this post in the first place? Perhaps a little fishing?

I think Nadal will be at least #7 i the world by the end of the clay season and that is a conservative estimate. If he stays hot like he is right now, top 5 is not out of the question. As for end of year stuff, he will have to really step up his fast hardcourt game to finish ahead of LH, Marat and Roddick.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote