The Surbiton Trophy Box Office Opens - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-18-2005, 11:25 PM   #1
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Surbiton Trophy Box Office Opens

14th April 2005 - Report by Rob Eyton-Jones

The Surbiton Trophy , which unveils the 2005 British grass court season in leafy Surrey next month (Saturday 28 May – Sunday 5 June), has officially opened its box office.

The Men's $50,000 and Ladies $25,000 Challenger , has grown in stature since it began in 1996 but not at the expense of losing the unique appeal as an intimate event where spectators can watch the sport's best at close quarters.

Occupying a special place in the calendar, The Surbiton Trophy is the seamless transition between the slow clay of the French Open and the lightening fast grass of the Stella Artois and the DFS Classic, giving those ultra-serious about the grass court season an early acclimatisation opportunity to the game's fastest surface.

With its reputation amongst players as a springboard to the grass court season, it is unsurprising that Surbiton entry lists usually resemble the line-ups of Tour-level events.

Greg Rusedski launched his last two Wimbledon campaigns from Surbiton and Slovakia's Karol Beck, winner last year, went on to reach the quarter final of the Stella Artois after surprising British No.1, Tim Henman.

Other players who have made their impression on Surbiton Racket & Fitness Club's immaculate courts include Mario Ancic, Kenneth Carlsen, Taylor Dent and Vladimir Voltchkov. Goran Ivanisevic, Todd Martin and Paradorn Srichaphan have in recent years all sharpened their fast court weapons during the finals weekend's exhibitions.

“Just three weeks before the Wimbledon Championships, the Surbiton Trophy occupies a very important week on the international tennis calendar,” said Tournament Director, Peter Greatorex.

“Our main draw regularly attracts players, both men and women, from the world's top 100 and continues to grow in popularity each year.

“I have little doubt that this year's tournament will offer both players and spectators a week of exciting top level competition.”

Ticket prices range from £8 on Tuesday 31 May to £16 for the finals on Saturday 4 and Sunday 5 June. Concessions and discounts are available for each day.

Admission is FREE from Saturday 28 to Monday 30 June.

I am gonna try and get down to a day at surbiton, but it says free to monday (do you think this includes monday?) also it seems there is no underground service to surbiton, so it will probably cost too much for me to london victoria and get another train to surbiton, if this is the case i will try and go to queens for 5 days instead of 4

Last edited by joeb_uk : 04-18-2005 at 11:31 PM.
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2005, 11:36 PM   #2
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Surbiton Trophy Box Office Opens

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb_uk
I am gonna try and get down to a day at surbiton, but it says free to monday (do you think this includes monday?) also it seems there is no underground service to surbiton, so it will probably cost too much for me to london victoria and get another train to surbiton, if this is the case i will try and go to queens for 5 days instead of 4
I'd read it as up to and including Monday

Besides, most lower-level British events start the main draw on Tuesday.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote