Jose "Chucho" Acasuso Room - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-18-2005, 08:33 AM   #76
country flag oneandonlyhsn

oneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond reputeoneandonlyhsn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jose "Chucho" Acasuso Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
If you want to follow winners just stick to Federer and Nadal, it's easier that way. If you look at the Chucho fans around, they accept him for what he is and what he isn't and that's why the whole thing irritated me.
Its not about winners, I dont care whether they win or lose as long as they try. Gaudio I swear at times I think his mind has left his body and I know he can do so much better, but I love him, I love him so much I dont care whether he never wins anything again. I do but just seeing him makes it all better. The same can be said for Chucho I saw him play Fed in 2003 at the US Open and I've liked him ever since, dont get much coverage of him though

Grigor Dimitrov & David Goffin - The future of tennis

Allez - Jerzy Janowicz, Jose Acasuso , Lleyton, Djokovic, Nalbandian, Clement, Nicolas Almagro, Stanislas Wawrinka

Ai Se Eu Te Pego - Michel Telo
oneandonlyhsn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2005, 08:43 AM   #77
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneandonlyhsn
Its not about winners, I dont care whether they win or lose as long as they try. Gaudio I swear at times I think his mind has left his body and I know he can do so much better, but I love him, I love him so much I dont care whether he never wins anything again. I do but just seeing him makes it all better. The same can be said for Chucho I saw him play Fed in 2003 at the US Open and I've liked him ever since, dont get much coverage of him though
It's the same with Gaudio deal with it and that smash over the head icon isn't going to improve anything. If Chucho was like Hewitt or Gaudio like Muster then they'd be totally different people, but they are not. Some people can do better, but even that's not good enough, you haven't suffered long enough to be a Gaudio fan and yes it's just another episode and Acasuso is the same, he can play brilliantly or be awful.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:29 AM   #78
bad gambler

great result for the big man

consecutive wins on HC, that's a great achievement for chucho
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 09:31 AM   #79
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
great result for the big man

consecutive wins on HC, that's a great achievement for chucho
I have some news that Chucho will be the night match on Court 1.

Hopefully they will show some of it tomorrow morning.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-18-2005, 09:34 AM   #80
bad gambler

Quote:
I have some news that Chucho will be the night match on Court 1.

Hopefully they will show some of it tomorrow morning.

night match in US??

more exposure the better, let the public get a glimpse of the guy who is on his way to tennis domination
Old 08-18-2005, 09:36 AM   #81
bad gambler

you should have seen the "crowd" on the outside court for the clement match in montreal, it was pathetic, i could count the number in one hand

but then again most people I came across in Montreal hadn't heard of nadal let alone acasuso
Old 08-18-2005, 09:38 AM   #82
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
night match in US??

more exposure the better, let the public get a glimpse of the guy who is on his way to tennis domination
I thought it would be on Court 30 somewhere in the swamp, but it's a night match.

It'll be hard for me as I like them both for different reasons, but at least someone I like will make the quarters.

As for Chucho domination, well I am not sure how the Chucho charm will radiate among the US public.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-18-2005, 09:40 AM   #83
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
you should have seen the "crowd" on the outside court for the clement match in montreal, it was pathetic, i could count the number in one hand

but then again most people I came across in Montreal hadn't heard of nadal let alone acasuso
Acasuso did manage of the greatest chokes in Montreal history. He was playing Quebecois Simon Larose and managed to throw away a match that he had no business of throwing away.

I saw Chucho's match against Gonzo at the AO this year and there was plenty of atmosphere. Then again a Chilean vs Argentinian should have that.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-18-2005, 09:41 AM   #84
bad gambler

Quote:
If you want to follow winners just stick to Federer and Nadal, it's easier that way. If you look at the Chucho fans around, they accept him for what he is and what he isn't and that's why the whole thing irritated me.

so true - it's very easy being a tennis fan when you have guys like federer and nadal as your favourites

the real test is when these guys have form slumps in the future, which inevitably will happen, I wonder how many of the fans will still be on the bandwagon then?
Old 08-18-2005, 01:15 PM   #85
country flag DanEd

DanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond reputeDanEd has a reputation beyond repute

I will support chucho forever
i am a fan of his since 2001 when he played the buenos aires final
Quote:
so true - it's very easy being a tennis fan when you have guys like federer and nadal as your favourites

the real test is when these guys have form slumps in the future, which inevitably will happen, I wonder how many of the fans will still be on the bandwagon then?
DanEd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 01:19 PM   #86
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:

I know what it's like and I mentioned it earlier in my frustration thread on GM. That's the thing it takes more to follow and stick with a guy when he is down, yes the bad losses as well are just as important as the wins. Well the 2004 RG winner is an example of the above statement.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-19-2005, 01:43 AM   #87
country flag Effka

Effka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond reputeEffka has a reputation beyond repute

Chucho beat Lucho 7-6 (5) 7-5 and will play his first ever TMS qf. And that's on ..... *big eyes*.... hcourt! It's not like he totally sucks on hc but who would've thought!!!

He almost choked in the breaker, he was up 6-2 and had two services. But all's good that ends up good.

yes, it really feels THIS great
Old 08-19-2005, 05:55 AM   #88
bad gambler

this room has breathed some life over the last few days
Old 08-19-2005, 06:11 AM   #89
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Chucho was breathing fire with that serving, especially that backhand down the line return of an excellent Horna serve that landed in the corner. I don't think Fed will underestimate him this time.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 08-19-2005, 12:45 PM   #90
bad gambler

yeah that bh at such a time was first class

if he serves well, he can hopefully trouble federer