"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 122 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 298 80.54%
Leave them as they are 72 19.46%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2014, 10:38 AM   #1816
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

https://twitter.com/BenRothenberg/st...80510956134400
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2014, 11:04 AM   #1817
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

I said it so many times, do it ... speed up the courts ... bring back carpet, wood, whatever, old racquets ... same players (yeah Djokovic and Rafito) will win all tournaments. It was more fun when Fed was younger. It's too predictable. Murray is still there I hope.

I'll stop watching tennis today and replace my 35 yo bad habit with something 'healthier'. Maybe curling .
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #1818
country flag FairWeatherFan

FairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond reputeFairWeatherFan has a reputation beyond repute

It doesn't really matter if the courts are sped up or not, honestly. Tennis unequivocally died the moment Nadal won Wimbledon. The sport can never, ever regain a semblance of dignity or worthiness following that atrocious event.
FairWeatherFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 11:45 AM   #1819
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairWeatherFan View Post
It doesn't really matter if the courts are sped up or not, honestly. Tennis unequivocally died the moment Nadal won Wimbledon. The sport can never, ever regain a semblance of dignity or worthiness following that atrocious event.
True, Wimbledon is forever tainted but the ATP and ITF brought this upon themselves. They wanted to fabricate a star, someone that could win all slams like Roger did so they went with the homogenization of the surfaces.

Dull happened to be the player that most greatly benefited from it winning slams outside RG he should never have.

Guess $$$$$$ > integrity and history of the sport. It's the way the world works.

Still all tennis fans should be happy and relieved that Roger, a genius, was born and was able to prevent Dull from being the player with the most slam titles.

The concern is that with all these medical advancements, and the fact that WADA doesn't run tests first before they allow the treatments but give permission for the athletes to take them even if they are found to be doping in the future, Dull might make those shattered knees from his taxing playstyle last for a couple more years than it was anticipated by experts.
Old 01-01-2014, 12:30 PM   #1820
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by duarte_a View Post
True, Wimbledon is forever tainted but the ATP and ITF brought this upon themselves. They wanted to fabricate a star, someone that could win all slams like Roger did so they went with the homogenization of the surfaces.

Dull happened to be the player that most greatly benefited from it winning slams outside RG he should never have.

Guess $$$$$$ > integrity and history of the sport. It's the way the world works.

Still all tennis fans should be happy and relieved that Roger, a genius, was born and was able to prevent Dull from being the player with the most slam titles.

The concern is that with all these medical advancements, and the fact that WADA doesn't run tests first before they allow the treatments but give permission for the athletes to take them even if they are found to be doping in the future, Dull might make those shattered knees from his taxing playstyle last for a couple more years than it was anticipated by experts.
This .... and just like one of the above posts mentioned , i'll probably stop watching tennis , haven't watched a single match this year yet. Maybe i'll watch some matches of Davy and Federer and that'll be 'bout it ... too dull this slow shit and SAME style of play everywhere.

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #1821
country flag nobama
287 Baby!

nobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond reputenobama has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairWeatherFan View Post
No it died when he won the US Open.

Thank you Nick for taking out the trash at Wimbledon!
nobama is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #1822
country flag August

August has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond reputeAugust has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex999 View Post
I said it so many times, do it ... speed up the courts ... bring back carpet, wood, whatever, old racquets ... same players (yeah Djokovic and Rafito) will win all tournaments. It was more fun when Fed was younger. It's too predictable. Murray is still there I hope.

I'll stop watching tennis today and replace my 35 yo bad habit with something 'healthier'. Maybe curling .
Curling is a great sport, it's talent, not fitness, that matters there.

I remember watching the Euros, and the commentator called one player a talented shotmaker. That's not a definition of today's top tennis players.

Stan Wawrinka
The Saviour of Tennis
Australian Open 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic-Murray dominance in Slams
Monte Carlo 2014: Ended Nadal-Djokovic dominance in Masters
August is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:50 AM   #1823
country flag Eden
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Eden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond reputeEden has a reputation beyond repute

According to Christopher Kas the outside courts in Melbourne are a lot faster than last years

https://twitter.com/KasiTennis
Eden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #1824
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

hopefully main courts are the same speed like outside, if they are tennis should be saved
samanosuke is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #1825
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
hopefully main courts are the same speed like outside, if they are tennis should be saved
They won't. Stop dreaming!

Smoking the Rosmalen grass
and rolling in the Stuttgart silt.

v
> Patron Saint of MTF's collective Desire <
^
MachineGun is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #1826
country flag BritanniaC

BritanniaC has a reputation beyond reputeBritanniaC has a reputation beyond reputeBritanniaC has a reputation beyond reputeBritanniaC has a reputation beyond reputeBritanniaC has a reputation beyond reputeBritanniaC has a reputation beyond reputeBritanniaC has a reputation beyond reputeBritanniaC has a reputation beyond reputeBritanniaC has a reputation beyond reputeBritanniaC has a reputation beyond reputeBritanniaC has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soJ_FVnijAw

Have the speed and bounce been changed in a similar way at Aus Open and Us Open since 2003?
BritanniaC is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:53 PM   #1827
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

This AO has been a prime example of what a difference a little increase in speed makes. Anyone who claims otherwise only needs to look at the men's champion.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:57 PM   #1828
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

AO was always slower, Agassi mainly had success vs Sampras here. This year was lower bouncing however.

MTwEeZi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:05 PM   #1829
country flag romismak

romismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond reputeromismak has a reputation beyond repute

This year AO was faster, even last year was faster, they slowed it down after that 2012 long F between Nole-Rafa - that´s no secret, i think USO can be faster very easily - they have done the opposite in last years in order to have Nole-Rafa long final 1st it was that hurricane Katrine i think in NYC and lame excuses and now suddenly USO is like AO - actually we my end up with AO being little faster than USO this year if they again will have slow at least when was hot in 1st week AO was pretty fast in such conditions
romismak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:04 AM   #1830
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Is Rotterdam quicker this year? Dodig seems to be hitting aces for fun out there.

I remember last year the surface was slow as fuck.