"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 118 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 298 80.54%
Leave them as they are 72 19.46%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2013, 03:06 AM   #1756
country flag Johnny Groove
Future ATP Star

Johnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Groove has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
And the bounce is so high this year ! Nadal got an easy draw AND a surface that suits him...
Uncle Toni's impression of the WTF court:

http://img.khelnama.com/sites/defaul...ni%20nadal.jpg
Originally Posted by Nathaliia View Post
What do you like doing on MTF most?
Reading Johnny Groove threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripwires View Post
Johnny blurs the line between grandeur and grandiose
Johnny Groove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2013, 04:26 AM   #1757
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Can this get any more obvious? Let's just make every court Nadal has not won on play to his taste. Why not. However, the court does get quicker throughout the week IIRC, as players play more and more on it.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:53 AM   #1758
country flag SliceAce

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

It's so short sighted. The intent since Fed's level dropped in 2008 was to have Nadull win the CGS and to make their rivalry GOAT. It helps a lot the pull Tony has with the ATP. They're pushing so hard for Nadull to win WTF, it might as well be pro-wrestling.

But what are they going to do in 10 years to sell the sport? Can't have another made up GOAT rivalry right after this one, especially with the lack of talent in the next gen. And if 17 slams is the target (and everyone has to win CGS) it's just going to become more and more ridiculous. Nadull and the ATP have destroyed their own sport, the way baseball did by breaking all of their own records and thereby ruining the reputation of the sport.

#1 hater of Nadull, Fakervic, Mugray, and the tards who worship them
SliceAce is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:03 AM   #1759
country flag Slade
Banned!

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

So the bounce is higher now?

Dull:

Piss easy draw -
High bounce -
Slow -
Draw opening up - (remains to be seen)
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #1760
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Paris court was slowed since 2012 to suit Nadal and he stil failed badly on it. Even though the speed might be slower and the bounce higher, Nadal is still an awful mover indoors.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:05 AM   #1761
country flag QuitYerWhining

QuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond reputeQuitYerWhining has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RForehand View Post
The Bounce in 2012: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66X0vluTWlE
The Bounce in 2013:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYW0kf7tU8o
The difference can be seen quite easily
I don't see a difference.

The few rallies I have seen though have all hit a cadence of just over one shot per second (17 in 14 seconds last year; 14 in 12 seconds this year).

But then again, I can't take seriously the opinion of anyone who thinks that an easy group is actually beneficial to winning the WTF. Come on it's like chess, at least think one move ahead. He's getting a tough SF and a tough final, most likely.

Currently supporting whoever entertains me.
QuitYerWhining is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #1762
country flag MachineGun

MachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond reputeMachineGun has a reputation beyond repute

Wow... The difference is so obvious!
I call that cheating.

Smoking the Rosmalen grass
and rolling in the Stuttgart silt.

v
> Patron Saint of MTF's collective Desire <
^
MachineGun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:15 AM   #1763
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuitYerWhining View Post
I don't see a difference.

The few rallies I have seen though have all hit a cadence of just over one shot per second (17 in 14 seconds last year; 14 in 12 seconds this year).

But then again, I can't take seriously the opinion of anyone who thinks that an easy group is actually beneficial to winning the WTF. Come on it's like chess, at least think one move ahead. He's getting a tough SF and a tough final, most likely.
He first has to get out of the group. Having his indoor pigeons in it helps.

Quote:
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Old 11-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #1764
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

US Open should be changed to indoor HC and WTF to carpet.

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #1765
country flag Looner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Kuerten View Post
US Open should be changed to indoor HC and WTF to carpet.
Sweet idea, shame it won't happen. Americans love their indoor sports, so it's not impossible, especially if the big networks make a push for it.

Quote:
Old 11-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #1766
country flag Fed fordawin

Fed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond reputeFed fordawin has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder when a journalist will finally have the balls (or the actual tennis knowledge) to call on ATP's cheating.

Alchimists transform iron into gold. Boriiiiiing!
Movie-makers transform dreams into reality. Yeah, whatever...
El Tio transforms Dull into a multiple GS champion! Daaaaamn!

El Tio has the keys to weather, court speed, draw making, umpires' decisions and perception of time between points, top players' fatherhood, and my libido!

This signature is in no way ironic. Please don't ever let El Tio think that, for my sake!
Fed fordawin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #1767
country flag Chris Kuerten

Chris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond reputeChris Kuerten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Sweet idea, shame it won't happen. Americans love their indoor sports, so it's not impossible, especially if the big networks make a push for it.
I never understood why you have two Grand Slams on the same surface, it just sounds so illogical. This way you have every single surface covered.

Although my ultimate dream is to completely remove hardcourt and have the tour play 50/50 on clay and grass, but I have the feeling that one is even less realistic

Dustin Brown - Fabio Fognini - Gaël Monfils - Jerzy Janowicz - Alexandr Dolgopolov

Ernests Gulbis - Nick Kyrgios - Pablo Cuevas - Taro Daniel - Igor Sijsling - Paolo Lorenzi - Ruben Ramirez Hidalgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
What you talking about Willis?
El Pendejo dice que el número uno no es suficiente pero el buitre de lenders, ferrer, puede ganar 7 tourneos sin mi permiso.
Mi boyfriend federer is goat, no?
Chris Kuerten is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #1768
country flag samanosuke

samanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond reputesamanosuke has a reputation beyond repute

posted this on Friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by samanosuke View Post
honestly, wouldn't be surprised if this year WTF courts become high bouncing
got quoted with this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauletekis View Post
Do you ever stop whining? Tell me you do! At least when you're sleeping!

Just showing this because this poster often calls me as a troll. But like i said, in my trolling is more truth than 90% of MTFers write in what they think is reasonable post
samanosuke is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:52 PM   #1769
country flag suvarivarivo

suvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond reputesuvarivarivo has a reputation beyond repute

O2 court is as low-bouncing as ever... Delpo had some trouble bending to hit the ball yesterday.

Now keep foaming...
suvarivarivo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #1770
country flag TigerTim

TigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond reputeTigerTim has a reputation beyond repute

the o2 this year is a disgrace to tennis

paella fat butt and his spanish minions continue to destroy this once great sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
As for Mugray, what can be said? A disgusting human being, and awful player, and a choking pushing mug. He looks like a kemo patient, bald spots, hairless legs, pasty blotchy skin, busted teeth, and an ugly, snarling face. Typical antics all came out in this match: faking injuries, grimacing and cursing, trying to peg Fed, trying to start drama, undeserved final based on an exhausted old man and a joke draw.

I'm no Fakervic fan but he needs to save tennis, sadly tree trunk legs will be fresh. Interesting he's never questioned...
TigerTim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote