"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 115 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 305 80.47%
Leave them as they are 74 19.53%
Voters: 379. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #1711
country flag LeChuck

LeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond reputeLeChuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

One suggestion I've heard is to keep the courts the same as they are, but to use the lighter tennis balls in play at WTA events. I think it was Brad Gilbert suggesting that I'm not sure.

Still speeding up and shortening the points on some of the hard courts which give players' ligaments and joints a battering, can only benefit their health as well as promote more diversity.
LeChuck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2013, 07:07 PM   #1712
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeChuck View Post
One suggestion I've heard is to keep the courts the same as they are, but to use the lighter tennis balls in play at WTA events. I think it was Brad Gilbert suggesting that I'm not sure.

Still speeding up and shortening the points on some of the hard courts which give players' ligaments and joints a battering, can only benefit their health as well as promote more diversity.
Maybe at some tournaments, people want diversity more than all courts being faster I believe.

How about speeding up some courts and moving the service line closer to the net to stop big serves dominating?
I always speak the truth though, and when I say it's not because of you, it's because it's not. I never lie. My mom has taught me to never lie because it's bad, that's why I'm always honest. one needs to have integrity, that's the most important human virtue imo.
underspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #1713
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see Shanghai promoting real tennis.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #1714
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyTimes View Post
Nice to see Shanghai promoting real tennis.
Agreed, while I appreciate all surfaces, Shanghai's is really fun to watch. The fast matches are fun to watch, get to see more net play.

My biggest hope is for a M1000 Grass Event, that would be awesome.

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #1715
country flag danieln1

danieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond reputedanieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

I´ve had enough of pushing, retrieving and moonballing kind of game getting successful on the tour.

It´s time ATP to do something.

Also supporting Fabrice Santoro (legend), Novak Djokovic, all the brazilian guys, Del Potro, Zeballos, Rosol, Dodig, Darcis, Wawrinka, Dolgopolov, Ferrer
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #1716
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

USO should borrow Shanghai's surface.
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 04:56 AM   #1717
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieln1 View Post
I´ve had enough of pushing, retrieving and moonballing kind of game getting successful on the tour.

It´s time ATP to do something.
THISSS !!! I want all the styles to be available playing with the same degree of successfulness , by diversifying the courts it'll be possible.

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 12:01 PM   #1718
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

Have the past two tournaments shown the light for the ATP?

It's time the US Series gets these courts. Now we just need for Wimby to keep its speed/bounce throughout the series.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:50 PM   #1719
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeLightWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeLightWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeLightWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeLightWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeLightWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeLightWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeLightWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeLightWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeLightWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeLightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or do Beijing/Shanghai have a lower bounce than Montreal/Cincy/US Open ? Hence Nadal not doing well and Nole more comfortable. I mean part of the reason.
Btw sometimes it's sot much about the speed as it is about high or low bounce...That's why Nadal sucks the first week at Wimbledon.

Last edited by LightWarrior : 10-13-2013 at 10:52 PM.
LightWarrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #1720
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

Is it me or is Basel abnormally fast? Like skidding fast.

For the past few years it was generally medium paced and much faster in the early 00s but this year it seems like some of the players barely have an idea on how to play on it. It also seems like everybody is humping that net with every opportunity. What happened?

Have any of you heard of Robbie's comments in the booth about this matter?
Old 10-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #1721
country flag Rychu
Thumps Chest Repeatedly

Rychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Ching Yuen View Post

For the past few years it was generally medium paced and much faster in the early 00s but this year it seems like some of the players barely have an idea on how to play on it. It also seems like everybody is humping that net with every opportunity. What happened?

It's very fast. Like it should be

Thiem - Kyrgios - Fognini - Monfils - Djokovic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Police Of Mind View Post
Growth factors ain't what they used to be.
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...69&postcount=4

Rychu is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:25 PM   #1722
country flag Li Ching Yuen

Li Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond reputeLi Ching Yuen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm serious about this, players are struggling returning second serves.
Old 10-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #1723
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Robbie is in South Africa.

Commentary this year is Nick Lester (who has commentated Basel for years...) and Arvind Palmer.

But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #1724
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nishikori just said it's slow in the post-match interview
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:45 PM   #1725
country flag caisenma

caisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond reputecaisenma has a reputation beyond repute

maybe this shows how daft i am, but basel looks very fast to me at least by 2013 standards.
caisenma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote