"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 108 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 307 80.37%
Leave them as they are 75 19.63%
Voters: 382. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #1606
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Wimbledon is slower since 2000, for example and who is the player who won more times there since then? Wasn't Roger one of the biggest responsible for the homogenization of the courts? Clearly he is, becuase he is mainly an "all court" player. And Roland Garros is faster than was ever. USO speed changes are mininal.

Do you want to talk about Nadal? Ok, Nadal give a shit about the speed of courts. Give him a high bounce court and he will be happy no matter the speed. He has a very good forehand and is one of the fastest players of the tour, so if you think he is bother by speed you know nothing about Nadal tennis.

Well, we already know you don't.
Come on kiedis you know Nadull hit the jackpot in this era.
U saw what happens to Nadull on fast grass the first week of wimby it isn't a coincidence mate.

05 lost to Kendrick .
07 taken to 5 sets by Soderling
2010 taken to 5 sets by Petchy before he cheated on court with uncle Tony .
Also haase.
2012 lost second rd
2013 lost first rd.

Bottom line Nadull always struggles in the 1st week of Wimby before it turns to clay.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 10:15 PM   #1607
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Kiedis is so wrong, he's close to being right but he's not.
So I'm very wrong but close to be rigth at the same time...

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 07-27-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:20 PM   #1608
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
A bunch of retarded nonsenses, as usual
It's not the speed of Wimbledon (wasn't very slow now at any rate?) but the low bounce of the court wich make him struggle (besides a strenuous clay season, of course)

Despite this he was able to win it twice, one of them against the alleged GOAT in his prime and reaching 4 finals there. This is the reason he is so fucking great. And now cry a bit more, please. I like it.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 07-27-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #1609
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's not the speed of Wimbledon (wasn't very slow now at any rate?) but the low bounce of the court wich make him struggle (besides a strenuous clay season, of course)

Despite this he was able to win it twice, one of them against the alleged GOAT and reaching 4 finals there. This is the reason he is so fucking great. And now cry a bit more, please. I like it.
He has made 5 finals and you call yourself a nadulltard.
The speed had a part play as well.
Nadull has a topspin fh he needs " time to set it up " .
On faster courts he is rushed , and placed in a defensive position . He is susceptible to big hitters.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:51 AM   #1610
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What a bunch of a great arguments we have here. It's really rewarding discuss tennis with such privileged minds.
yes , but you can`t refuse the arguments.

for you , it`s better ferrer or 35 years old haas than old agassi?????

agassi was a legend of the game , ferrer with less archivements that "weak era players" like nalby or davydenko , or coria it`s nº3......

and they were nº3 with proper ages , not with near 31 years old and one only masters1000 ( the less important of all , many elite players skip paris)

for you agassi in final of us open 2005 is weak era , for me it`s weak era ferrer in nº3 and old haas with many injurys near the top-10 and beating djoko in one of his favourite surfaces...........

and talking of wimbly , it`s true than in 2001 the organizers changes the grass , before 2001 was 75% a kind of grass but after 2000 was 100& .

but the grass is not the problem , the problem is the heavy balls than use many years after and the cut of the grass too , more larger provoques a more slow bounce.

wimbly was not the same after 2006.....much more slower.
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:31 AM   #1611
country flag Benny_Maths

Benny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond repute

A possibility which people often ignore is that Federer won Wimbledon 7 times in spite of and not because of the courts/conditions being slowed down.
Benny_Maths is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:42 AM   #1612
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny_Maths View Post
A possibility which people often ignore is that Federer won Wimbledon 7 times in spite of and not because of the courts/conditions being slowed down.
He was a first round exit until they slow down Wimbledon but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan27 View Post
bla bla bla

wimbly was not the same after 2006.....much more slower.
Cool story bro!

God is killing me
Old 07-28-2013, 08:55 AM   #1613
country flag Benny_Maths

Benny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond reputeBenny_Maths has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He was a first round exit until they slow down Wimbledon but whatever.
That in itself doesn't actually prove anything. Correlation does not imply causation. At the time of his most recent first round Wimbledon loss, how many big titles did Federer have under his belt? That single Hamburg masters (on clay) clearly shows that Federer had reached the peak of his abilities on grass right?
Old 07-28-2013, 09:19 AM   #1614
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
LOL. Sure.

Federer was a huge beneficiary of the modernization of tennis.

Sorry.
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #1615
country flag duarte_a
Federer Fan & Dull Hater

duarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond reputeduarte_a has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This.
duarte_a is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #1616
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
LOL. Sure.

Sorry.
It's not true because you and me said that, it's Federer himself who said that courts homogenization favoured him.

God is killing me
Old 07-28-2013, 10:16 AM   #1617
country flag Benny_Maths

Quote:
It's not true because you and me said that, it's Federer himself who said that courts homogenization favoured him.
Last year he also said that he was a better player than he was in 2005. Yeah right. You just selectively quote statements which support your point of view but ignore the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribalfusion View Post
LOL. Sure.

Yet another parrot.

Simply saying that modernisation tennis (whatever that means, surface homogenisation presumably) "hugely" benefited Federer shows a severe lack of critical thinking. The statement is too broad to reveal anything meaningful. Higher bouncing grass courts are a consequence of how tennis has developed over the last decade. So does that mean Federer benefited from the higher bounce in his grass court matches vs Nadal?

Last edited by Benny_Maths : 07-28-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:27 AM   #1618
country flag Kiedis

^^ So Federer is lying or is wrong. Yeah, mate. His tards know better

Anyway, RG being faster than ever not benefited him? Why Turkeytards never talks about this?

God is killing me
Old 07-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #1619
country flag Nunyabeezwax

Nunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond reputeNunyabeezwax has a reputation beyond repute

If correlation is not causation then Nadal also could have won Wimbledon IN SPITE of any court speed changes. You can't have it both ways.

Nunyabeezwax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:57 AM   #1620
country flag Benny_Maths

Quote:
^^ So Federer is lying or is wrong.
Because what people say in public is always what they are actually thinking.

Quote:
Anyway, RG being faster than ever not benefited him? Why Turkeytards never talks about this?
The topic being discussed was Federer's performance at Wimbledon. How is RG in any way relevant to this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyabeezwax View Post
If correlation is not causation then Nadal also could have won Wimbledon IN SPITE of any court speed changes. You can't have it both ways.
Where exactly did I contradict what you said and by extension when did I try to "have it both ways"? Quotes from this thread please.

Last edited by Benny_Maths : 07-28-2013 at 11:01 AM.