"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 107 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 299 80.59%
Leave them as they are 72 19.41%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #1591
country flag Brit Tennis Fan

Brit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
I don't understand why marathon runners don't try tennis. They will win much more money.

Seriously speaking, I only see a player in his prime beating up badly an vey old man. Does that makes you horny?
You sir are a fool. That was an absolutely fantastic match, hard to believe it was 8 years ago. Through a display of epic ball striking an "old man" pushed peak Federer for much of the match. Agassi took the second set 6-2 and the third set went to a tie break. The quality of tennis was outstanding for much of the match while the atmosphere and drama was immense.
Brit Tennis Fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #1592
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Tennis Fan View Post
You sir are a fool. That was an absolutely fantastic match, hard to believe it was 8 years ago. Through a display of epic ball striking an "old man" pushed peak Federer for much of the match. Agassi took the second set 6-2 and the third set went to a tie break. The quality of tennis was outstanding for much of the match while the atmosphere and drama was immense.
Pushin???

Awesome retardnese. This is only a very good example of a very weak era in the fast court department.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #1593
country flag Police Of Mind

Police Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond reputePolice Of Mind has a reputation beyond repute

It's only the hard court speed which annoys me, horrendously homogenised with barely any variety despite being quite easy to manipulate. I wonder when next the ATP will adjust speeds. If we get a generation of giants serving at 150mph would the ATP slow it down again? I mean if you accept that the current courts were manipulated in favour of the big four then it's interesting to think what the ATP will do for the 90s gen.
Police Of Mind is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:54 PM   #1594
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Fast courts follow this eschema:

A) If you have a good serve (if not you are done) the other guy return of serve is going to be hindered necessarily most of the times if directly is not an ace

B.1) You can take advantage of the weak return to hit a fancy forehand.

B.2) You can rush the net advantageously to finish the point

The key is to be good enough to break at least one game per set and don't be broken never.

And that is. Not very complicated tactics, not solid constructions of points, only a few powerful strokes. Really that requires so many talent?

Well, I guess if you collect the best points of any tennis GS final all of them would look fantastic. Nostalgia helps too. Sinatra, Elvis and Gardel sing better with each passing year.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 07-27-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #1595
country flag Brit Tennis Fan

Brit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond reputeBrit Tennis Fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pushin???

Awesome retardnese. This is only a very good example of a very weak era in the fast court department.
You obviously didn't watch the match.
Brit Tennis Fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:14 PM   #1596
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brit Tennis Fan View Post
You obviously didn't watch the match.
I did. I liked more the 4 years later final, for example.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 07-27-2013 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:32 PM   #1597
country flag Slice Winner

Slice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond reputeSlice Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't understand why marathon runners don't try tennis. They will win much more money.

Seriously speaking, I only see a player in his prime beating up badly a very old man. Does that makes you horny?
You have serious issues.
Slice Winner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:33 PM   #1598
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Pushin???

this is a bullshit man.

tommy haas , who had suffered much more injurys than agassi , beated djokovic in miami in a very slow court , and haas is not even near to be a tennis great like agassi.

haas meade his best season in many years just in this time.

the same with ferrer , whio is in the best momentum of his life in this time with 30 years old and nº3 in the world and his only real big title was the masters1000 of paris not facing nobody of top-4.

and ferrer has less archiivements that others nº3 like nalby , coria or davydenko.

agassi it`s a billion times much better player than ferrer.......

so , where is the weak era?????

now loos much worst.
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #1599
country flag juan27

juan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond reputejuan27 has a reputation beyond repute

agassi with 40 years old is much better player than ferrer or haas.
juan27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #1600
country flag Kiedis

What a bunch of a great arguments we have here. It's really rewarding discuss tennis with such privileged minds.

God is killing me
Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 PM   #1601
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Expected moonballertards against variety.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:48 PM   #1602
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Expected moonballertards against variety.
Micro or macro?

PS: I'm not against variety (micro or macro)

God is killing me
Old 07-27-2013, 08:50 PM   #1603
country flag luie

luie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond reputeluie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Micro or macro?
Moonballertards like the current conditions . It's understandable because in any other era he would be a run of the mill grinder.

Either USO or Wimby should be faster. The surface or lighter balls.

THE GREAT TACTICAL RIVALRY OF THE OPEN ERA
FEDERER 10 VS TONI NADAL 20
ADVANTAGE TONI NADAL
RAPHEAL NADULL,A PRETTY FACE & MUSCLE
NOTHING MORE

Fed 2 nadull 13 fed is nadull CLAY TURKEY. THE REAL ERA 2003-2010.
luie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:02 PM   #1604
country flag Kiedis

Quote:
Originally Posted by luie View Post
Moonballertards like the current conditions . It's understandable because in any other era he would be a run of the mill grinder.

Either USO or Wimby should be faster. The surface or lighter balls.
Wimbledon is slower since 2000, for example and who is the player who won more times there since then? Wasn't Roger one of the biggest responsible for the homogenization of the courts? Clearly he is, becuase he is mainly an "all court" player. And Roland Garros is faster than was ever in order to favor Roger. USO speed changes are mininal.

Do you want to talk about Nadal? Ok, Nadal give a shit about the speed of courts. Give him a high bounce court and he will be happy no matter the speed. He has a very good forehand and is one of the fastest players of the tour, so if you think he is bother by speed you know nothing about Nadal tennis.

Well, we already know you don't.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 07-27-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 PM   #1605
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Kiedis is so wrong, he's close to being right but he's not.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
Looner is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote