"Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread" - Page 103 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: Vote for speeding up the courts or against it!

Speed up the courts 299 80.59%
Leave them as they are 72 19.41%
Voters: 371. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #1531
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Speed up the courts and general court speed Thread"

henri kontinen would like this thread

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #1532
country flag Abel

Abel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond reputeAbel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
This goes back to what Fed always says - there needs to be variety. Some fast, some slow, some medium. Right now it's almost all slow with a few exceptions.

Also, the ATP slowed the courts down to make it more attractive to viewing audiences and to create drama, but I really don't think that's working. If anything, it's become too long to see 3+ hour Bo3 and 5+ hour Bo5 matches and coverage that long doesn't bode well for TV. And we know they slowed the courts down to give the top guys an advantage which is why in the last 4 years Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, and Murray have had a stranglehold on the Slams - because they are the 4 fittest on tour and can handle and outlast all their challengers - and then we can see more matches between those 4.
I agree generally but tbh Ferrer has been the fittest player on the tour the last 18-24 months
Abel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #1533
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This goes back to what Fed always says - there needs to be variety. Some fast, some slow, some medium. Right now it's almost all slow with a few exceptions.

Also, the ATP slowed the courts down to make it more attractive to viewing audiences and to create drama, but I really don't think that's working. If anything, it's become too long to see 3+ hour Bo3 and 5+ hour Bo5 matches and coverage that long doesn't bode well for TV. And we know they slowed the courts down to give the top guys an advantage which is why in the last 4 years Nadal, Federer, Djokovic, and Murray have had a stranglehold on the Slams - because they are the 4 fittest on tour and can handle and outlast all their challengers - and then we can see more matches between those 4.
NID that you had to bring up Fed.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #1534
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
NID that you had to bring up Fed.
Pot calling kettle black.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #1535
country flag atennisfan

atennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeatennisfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will ATP speed up courts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz View Post

2nd week is clay event.
very true.
People need to wake up. Olderer is not winning anymore slams - neither is he going to become #1.
atennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:26 AM   #1536
country flag pray-for-palestine-and-israel

pray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond reputepray-for-palestine-and-israel has a reputation beyond repute

Dis-fucking-grace

Tennis is dead and has been since 2008

And will remain so until they speed up the courts

Last edited by pray-for-palestine-and-israel : 04-02-2013 at 02:32 AM.
pray-for-palestine-and-israel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:27 AM   #1537
country flag wally1

wally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond reputewally1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugburz View Post
I'd say 1st week is solid, but no where near good as it used to be. Even solid, 1st week I think Cincy and Canada are faster. So go figure, HC faster than grass. Unacceptable.

2nd week is clay event.
I re-watched the Federer Djokovic Semi-Final a couple of weeks ago. Most striking thing was how few rallies there were (played indoors I know).
wally1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #1538
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grinding wins agains, speed up the courts or the sport will die.

Why grinders are better:

Servebots can't wait to quit tennis.

Servebots promoted themselves on biography shows and couldn't admit they depended on serves to outmuscle better players.

Servebots couldn't admit many players choked to Federer due to predictable serves & physical weakness.

Servebots trash talk umpires, lineswomen, the legitimate media & superior players (even when rankings were lower than those of servebots). Servebots believe they're wholeheartedly gracious losers to Federer and that they can declare Fed the greatest player.

After choking with double faults & hiding in the locker room at matches, greedy servebots mindlessly rush to airports to make their pain go away at charity exhibitions.
They were bitter when they didn't get paid at exhibitions after warnings to them about scam charity events.

Servebots whine that clay tennis interfere with their personal lives.

Servebots say they're injured during clay seasons, then pretend they're wonderful for showing up in bad shape on "slow Wimbledon grass".

Servebots blamed "shocking" injuries in their last year of competition, but acted surprised when they won 2 titles.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 AM   #1539
country flag ProdigyEng
Banned!

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
At's all about money dude. The don't care about players or styles. They wouldn't mind making it even slower for a longer match.
Seems like you're right.

I agree with Federer on them needing to speed up these courts, and I'm not afraid to admit that I agree with him. In fact, I don't even think fast courts would help him much better any way, considering he's becoming fragile, and might not be able to get to the balls he could get to when he was younger.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #1540
heya

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

No Fed fan complained about 4 hour marathons of FedDelpo and FedRoddick snoozefests.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #1541
country flag rocketassist
Banned!

rocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond reputerocketassist has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pray-for-palestine-and-israel View Post

Dis-fucking-grace

Tennis is dead and has been since 2008

And will remain so until they speed up the courts
US Open got slowed down in 2011 so that percentage will have dropped even further.

Anyone have any W-UE stats for say, 2004?
rocketassist is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #1542
country flag Jverweij

Jverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond reputeJverweij has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Grinding wins agains, speed up the courts or the sport will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heya View Post
Why grinders are better:

Servebots can't wait to quit tennis.

Servebots promoted themselves on biography shows and couldn't admit they depended on serves to outmuscle better players.

Servebots couldn't admit many players choked to Federer due to predictable serves & physical weakness.

Servebots trash talk umpires, lineswomen, the legitimate media & superior players (even when rankings were lower than those of servebots). Servebots believe they're wholeheartedly gracious losers to Federer and that they can declare Fed the greatest player.

After choking with double faults & hiding in the locker room at matches, greedy servebots mindlessly rush to airports to make their pain go away at charity exhibitions.
They were bitter when they didn't get paid at exhibitions after warnings to them about scam charity events.

Servebots whine that clay tennis interfere with their personal lives.

Servebots say they're injured during clay seasons, then pretend they're wonderful for showing up in bad shape on "slow Wimbledon grass".

Servebots blamed "shocking" injuries in their last year of competition, but acted surprised when they won 2 titles.
wait a minute I saw what you did there...you were talking about Nadal weren't you? Good for you, finally getting over the Roddick-obsession

"a place for vultures and mugs to express their opinions about other vultures and mugs"
Jverweij is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #1543
country flag Timot

Timot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond reputeTimot has a reputation beyond repute

ATP Tour should have much more grass events and less hard. Some hard courts should be sped up or changed to grass. It would be nice to see more variety of surfaces and court speed but with medium-fast as the most popular surface speed. Offensive style should be mildly rewarded just as in some other sports.

Quote:

Exactly. I really can't understand how guys in charge don't see that for a typical spectator it's much more entertaining to watch a 3.5-hour match with both guys playing offensive, instead of a 6 or 5-hour pushfest.
Timot is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:00 PM   #1544
country flag Dark Knight

Dark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond reputeDark Knight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy. View Post
Seems like you're right.

I agree with Federer on them needing to speed up these courts, and I'm not afraid to admit that I agree with him. In fact, I don't even think fast courts would help him much better any way, considering he's becoming fragile, and might not be able to get to the balls he could get to when he was younger.
Well faster courts will help him..its suits his attacking style more.

Last year he did very well in Wimby and Cincy as compared to slower surfaces.

But it isn't just about him right. He's gonna play for hardly 3 more years.

Personally as a tennis fan it's frustrating to see super slow courts with players punishing themselves for 4-5 hours unable to hit winners. I think it will be good for the game( and for the players ) if we have faster courts. But honestly i don't see it happening.

ROGER FEDERER

STANISLAS WAWRINKA

Last edited by Dark Knight : 04-07-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Dark Knight is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #1545
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Jan Hajek speaking after his Davis Cup win admitting that the surfaces have been homogenised.

http://www.daviscup.com/en/news/arti...-2-0-lead.aspx

Second from bottom.

When asked about his favourite surface. He adds " You know this time, every surface is like hardcourts, are not too fast, they're slower and slower. They want to slow the game, so I think it's not a big thing, but I have to say my best surface is clay".

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote