Most Underrated & Overrated - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-20-2006, 10:11 PM   #1
country flag Radek Stepanek

Radek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Most Underrated & Overrated

I like making threads. And I hate only having 8 posts right now. So here goes . . . I noticed there was a thread similar to this, but based on how players look. This one is based on their game. The rankings today don't exactly represent how skilled certain players actually are.

Overrated

Nalbandian
Blake
Safin (Sorry, but he sucks now)
Robredo
Haas
Gaudio - riding on 1 GS title, get outta my face.
Baghdatis - strictly a GS player

Underrated

Stepanek - of course, no one has heard of him, he is top 10, how, im not sure
Davydenko - 32 tournaments? OH MY GAWD! Resilience.
Hbraty
Ljubicic - the real no. 2
Ancic
All the players in my signature I guess
Gasquet- his ranking is not reminisent of his talent
Murray - as of late . . . see above

Ljubicic - Ancic - Mirnyi - Hrbaty - Berdych - Hajek - Hernych - Novak - Lendl -Rochus - Davydenko

Supporting all the CZECHS!
Radek Stepanek is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Most Underrated & Overrated

Still smarting over those big losses to Baghdatis and Robredo this year, eh Radek?

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #3

Radek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond reputeRadek Stepanek has a reputation beyond repute

Yess.

Ljubicic - Ancic - Mirnyi - Hrbaty - Berdych - Hajek - Hernych - Novak - Lendl -Rochus - Davydenko

Old 08-20-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

Never mind son, you'll be pounding that killer forehand to Grand Slam glory any month now.

Seriously, I hope you're fit for the US Open.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 11:15 PM   #5

Stepanek will be ready. Expect him to be at least in the Quaters.

Old 08-20-2006, 11:48 PM   #6
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek Stepanek
Ljubicic - the real no. 2
LOL Luby the real number 2?

FUNNY GUY!
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:54 AM   #7
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal's the most overrated player of all time.
GlennMirnyi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:55 AM   #8
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

GlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond reputeGlennMirnyi has a reputation beyond repute

Robredo is the second most overrated player nowadays... he's really nothing.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:06 AM   #9
country flag GlennMirnyi
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian
If you're trying to flirt with me, you're going to have to be a lot less subtle than that.
Well, there's no evidence that Robredo is good. He's there like Gonzalez was... they stay some time just because someone's got to be there and a player more worthy of it is recovering from some injury or on a bad form.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:07 AM   #10
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Underrated: Ljubicic, Overrated = Nalbandian

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:39 AM   #11

Uh oh, Robredo fan

I just think he's overrated.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:46 AM   #12
country flag TMJordan

TMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond reputeTMJordan has a reputation beyond repute

Robredo>Stepanek

Robredo>Lujbicic
TMJordan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:46 AM   #13

Yeah. I'm sorry, you're right. If Robredo is overrated I guess Stepanek is too. Therefore, I declare them both underrated. It's tough being a Stepanek fan, so I feel you.

Old 08-21-2006, 02:53 AM   #14
country flag ChloeLove

Location: I live in Canada now, but I am from Newcastle, England.
ChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond reputeChloeLove has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'torian
Injuries are one thing; bad form is another. If these allegedly more talented players can't get their shit together, they don't deserve to be above players who may be less talented but who are making the most out of their abilities.

Thankfully the rankings system is results-based as opposed to being based on people's subjective opinions of players' talent/potential.
Amen to that.

Look at Davydenko, he is a top 10 player. Why? Because he plays tons of tournaments. There may be what some people consider to be 'more talented' players in lower rankings than him, but would they be able to play as many tournaments as Davy does without getting injured/ tired etc? Probably not.

eternally rooting for:

HAAS | FEDERER | SANTORO | HEWITT | RODDICK | SAFIN

enjoying:

TURSUNOV | AGASSI | ROBREDO | MONFILS | BLAKE
ChloeLove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:57 AM   #15
country flag njorker

njorker has a reputation beyond reputenjorker has a reputation beyond reputenjorker has a reputation beyond reputenjorker has a reputation beyond reputenjorker has a reputation beyond reputenjorker has a reputation beyond reputenjorker has a reputation beyond reputenjorker has a reputation beyond reputenjorker has a reputation beyond reputenjorker has a reputation beyond reputenjorker has a reputation beyond repute

Overrated: Ljubicic

Underrated: Gasquet

njorker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote