Juan del Potro!!! - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-17-2005, 02:08 PM   #1
fco253

fco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Juan del Potro!!!

Congrats for winning his second future on a row...

He killed 6-1 6-1 Thiago Alves in Chile F2 final, a guy who had beaten him several times last few months.

For the ones who don't know him, he's only 16, started the year around 1000, and with this will enter top 500 ...

I wonder if he will go back to play some juniors or will he go on playing the futures circuit...
fco253 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2005, 09:12 PM   #2
country flag -wokkel-

-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute-wokkel- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Juan del Potro!!!

Juan! Well done.. Don't go back to the juniors
!

Tomas Berdych | Marcos Baghdatis | Gilles Muller | Novak Djokovic | Janko Tipsarevic | Nicolas Kiefer | Dudi Sela | Richard Gasquet
-wokkel- is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 09:13 PM   #3
country flag Denaon
Yes, I am

Denaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond reputeDenaon has a reputation beyond repute

oh, I've seen him play the quallies in BA and he gave such a good match! Congrats and good luck to him !

Gato Gaudio
Denaon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 11:04 PM   #4
country flag Sagiel

Sagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond repute

I saw him at the Argentina Cup, he lost in the finals and won the doubles, since then I have been following his progress (mainly trough the ITF site) and he seems to be extremely talented, a coach called him the best young player in the country and Gabriela Sabatini mentioned him, Massa and Mayer as the future of Argentina's tennis.

I hope to see him in the top 300 soon!
Sagiel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 01:03 PM   #5
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I must say I've been following his career since he won Orange Bowl in 14's. And I kinda knew he's going to be famous and I still hope he will and yeah I do agree he shouldn't come back to juniors but I think he'll play junior Roland Garros. I thought he can even win 3 futures in a row but he ended up in 2nd round in 3 sets, what's not bad anyway especially that Felipe Parada can play really attractive tennis (I've seen his match).
===========
Juan Martin del Potro cheering signature

www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 06:43 PM   #6
country flag elletrista

elletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Nooo Del Potro Loss in Second Round in Chile F3

But he play tha next week in Argetina F3, Argentina F4 and Argentina F5

Go Del Potro you are the future Number One of the World.-

Vamos Argentinos....
elletrista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2005, 01:17 AM   #7
country flag Sagiel

Sagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond reputeSagiel has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to see if I can make my way to the Futures that will be played starting next week, but since they will be held in Cordoba and I'm rather bussy right now I don't know if I'll make it.

But TyC Sports will air the finals of ArgentinaF3 and F4 so if he makes the finals we´ll get to see him live on telly!(don't know if TyC Sports Usa/international will air it though)
Old 04-30-2005, 02:26 PM   #8
fco253

fco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond reputefco253 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, Juan really has game..

If he pans out, he can be a Safin like player, with that massive effortless power (he even admitted he doesn't like working out, like our russian friend)

If not, he will be at least a Chela type.

He said he's going to play next week in F4, will skip F5 to rest some, and then junior RG.

He said he will try to get in some challengers, even thru qualies, in 2nd half of the year.
Old 04-30-2005, 03:33 PM   #9
country flag Sagiel

He's definitely worth the hype that is starting to surround him, I agree with the effortless power part, during stretches of todays game he seemed to be easily two or three levels above his rival.

What he seems to have greatly improved since the last time I saw him is his patience and skill building up the point. In the past he seemed eager to end points as quickly as possible and this led to tons of UE. While he still doesn't like long rallies and he is not a master tactician either, at least he doesn't go for the improvable winner after hitting the ball just twice.
During the game today I kept telling myself that he could be Nalbandian with a Serve, while they style is not that similar, Del Potro seems to have virtually the same Body Frame (obviously Del Potro needs to bulk up a lot to catch David, but he is only 16), his Forehand is great, and you get the impression that he could be a very good player in all surfaces.
Old 04-30-2005, 05:21 PM   #10
country flag Bratzo

Bratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond repute

we claim for a jmdp subforum lol

(and there must be at least 1 sign of idiotic nationalism soo... HORNA!!! )

and!! the great peruvian tennis promisses: MARIANA DEMICHELLI & MAURICIO ECHAZU!!!
Bratzo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 06:19 PM   #11
country flag elletrista

elletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond reputeelletrista has a reputation beyond repute

We are the Fans of J.M. del Potro.-

16 Years
3 Futures and 1 Final

Go DEL POTRO .........
elletrista is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 03:48 AM   #12
country flag Caralimon

Caralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond reputeCaralimon has a reputation beyond repute

Man, he's 16 and is 1,93.
Caralimon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:57 AM   #13
country flag Nathaliia

Nathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond reputeNathaliia has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we are all cheering for him. If he'll keep on improving so fast maybe he'll visit us in Poland this year in Sopot? He might take the crown of youngest champion from Nadal next year... or this year LOL

www.tenislove.pl
Nathaliia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:46 AM   #14
country flag Bratzo

Bratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond reputeBratzo has a reputation beyond repute

1.93?????????????????

(and there must be at least 1 sign of idiotic nationalism soo... HORNA!!! )

and!! the great peruvian tennis promisses: MARIANA DEMICHELLI & MAURICIO ECHAZU!!!
Bratzo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:47 AM   #15
fco253

Yes.