Half year (six months) ranking system - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-07-2015, 09:07 PM   #1
country flag _maxi

_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Half year (six months) ranking system

Hi.

Is there any place to see something like a half year (six months) ranking system?
It would show the points gained by a player in the last six months. I think it's useful to see how the players did in the last six months and try to predict future changes in the real ranking system.

I'm not asking for the race, thanks.
_maxi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2015, 09:12 PM   #2
country flag meninosantos

meninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond reputemeninosantos has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Half year (six months) ranking system

Quote:
Originally Posted by _maxi View Post
Hi.

Is there any place to see something like a half year (six months) ranking system?
It would show the points gained by a player in the last six months. I think it's useful to see how the players did in the last six months and try to predict future changes in the real ranking system.

At this point in time this is basically the race. If you go back 6 months, the only tournaments you'd have to add points for would be the ATP finals and the davis Cup final.

(Unless you're taking the year-end challengers into account - They should affect the lower top 100).
meninosantos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #3
country flag SVK

SVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond reputeSVK has a reputation beyond repute

At first I thought this is a troll reaction to Nadal.

I think Slasher, or those, who are updating rankings might have/create something like this as they surely have database of players´ performances week by week.
SVK is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #4
country flag 156mphserve

156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute156mphserve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK View Post
At first I thought this is a troll reaction to Nadal.

I think Slasher, or those, who are updating rankings might have/create something like this as they surely have database of players´ performances week by week.
I think Slasher had or was planning to have a thing where you could go ahead and look at provisional rankings for the future. If you went ahead 6 months then you'd get the current 6 months rankings because everything before that would have fallen off with nothing added on

Welcome Your Newest Top 10 Member

Raonic

Proud Canadian
11-13 San Jose 3-Peat
2012 Chennai Champion
156mphserve is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:06 AM   #5
country flag _maxi

_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute_maxi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by meninosantos View Post
At this point in time this is basically the race. If you go back 6 months, the only tournaments you'd have to add points for would be the ATP finals and the davis Cup final.

(Unless you're taking the year-end challengers into account - They should affect the lower top 100).
I knew someone would say look at the race. So how did I finish my post? saying I'M NOT ASKING FOR THE RACE. But still...
Thanks.
_maxi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:00 AM   #6
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

LIVE FORECAST

Navigate to tab 27 every time you want to see the last 6 months played.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:11 AM   #7
country flag Crvena Zvezda

Crvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond reputeCrvena Zvezda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by _maxi View Post
Hi.

No offense but I guess the way Tour is built is not fit to that 6 months ranking.

At least to use that 6 months ranking to predict anything.

Swings with surface changes prevent you to rely on a ranking and as Tour is following mostly North American and European Seasons, you have Indoor in Winter then Hardcourt in Spring, Clay in extended summer then back to Hardcourt in Fall.
There is no such thing as 6 month representative of all surfaces to have an idea of the best all courter.

Apart from injuries and loss of confidence from his main opponents, no player in the actual era is anyway such dominant to be able to go victoriously from one surface to another.

My name is the Djoker and I sign with a smile. Get me some water, I’ll be here a while.

Last edited by Crvena Zvezda : 05-08-2015 at 07:14 AM.
Crvena Zvezda is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 07:30 AM   #8
country flag VamosRafaNadal

VamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond reputeVamosRafaNadal has a reputation beyond repute

Slasher is your man

“What do people do when they go out? They get drunk. To go out and not drink, I don’t understand it. If you go to a nightclub, what is to enjoy there? Nothing. The music is too loud, everybody’s sweating, everybody’s dancing, it’s dark, everybody’s pushing, everybody’s drunk. And if you’re the only guy sober in the nightclub, you don’t enjoy it at all. If you’re into the groove, you know, you have a couple drinks, you’re on the same level as the club, you can sometimes get something positive out of it. But it’s not what I like. I prefer to stay in my friends’ company, invite girls over.” Ernests Gulbis
VamosRafaNadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote