Your favorite tennis match(es) of all time? (Youtube links get you good reps :) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-26-2014, 04:13 AM   #1
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Your favorite tennis match(es) of all time? (Youtube links get you good reps :)

Well we are all tennis fans in one way or another. We support different generations, different playstyles, etc.

What I want to know is what is YOUR personal favorite match of all time.

Favorite Match:
Where did you watch it:
Who did you watch it with:
Why is it your favorite match:

YouTube Links will get you good reps

My favorite tennis match of all time was Del Potro vs. Djokovic Wimbledon 2013.

I watched it alone on the comfort of my couch, whilst being a bit high.

This is my favorite match of all time, for the sheer quality and drama. I am a big Del Potro and Djokovic fan, plus the level of play was sooo high, it was out of this world unbelievable. Del Potro was hitting some of the hardest forehands known to man and Djokovic was reaching balls that no human should be able to reach. Plus I was just the slightest bit high and it made everything that much more intense. On top of that I just got done with school and was in an incredible mindset.

Here are some highlights of this Epic. Feel free to watch in HD

Post your favorite matches, please and thank you.

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 04:33 AM   #2
country flag SerialKillerToBe

SerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your favorite tennis match(es) of all time? (Youtube links get you good reps :)

My favorite match is actually Borg McEnroe Wimby 1980, but I figure that'll be a common one, so I'll pick this one:

I actually was thinking of that Del Po/Djoker match as I entered this thread.

Also, I don't want your reps.
SerialKillerToBe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:23 AM   #3
country flag User Name

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your favorite tennis match(es) of all time? (Youtube links get you good reps :)

1080p quality from ATP official channel.

Watched it in the stands. Great clowning from both players.
Ilhan, Polansky, Kubler, Bachinger, Nadal,Ungur, Reister, Copil, Ebden, Djokovic, Cilic, Raonic, Ferrer, Simon, Monfils, Nishikori, Groth, Gulbis Tsonga, Robredo, Batista Agut, Monfils, Gasquet, Isner, Sock, Granollers, Belluci, Youhzny, Hewitt, Seppi, Sousa, Kyrgios, Pospisil, Istomin, Estrella Burgos, Golubev, D Young, Stakhovsky, Tomic, Gabashvili, Monaco, Jaziri, Bollelim Mannarino, Federer Lorenzi, Vesely, Kukushkin, Stephanek, Berlocq, Haase, Haas, Vasaline, Kavic, Krijanovic, Coric, PHM, Ito, Del Potro, Kubot, Alund, Guez, Michon, Andreozzi, Viola, Clayton Mathews

Talented Shotmakers:
The Fighting Fin Jarko Nieminen
Heroic Hans Podlinko-Castillo
User Name is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:28 AM   #4
country flag Cloren

Cloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond reputeCloren has a reputation beyond repute

My personal favourite match would be Federer vs Murray Wimbledon 2012 final. 2012 was the year where I started to be very passionate about tennis, of course I still watched often before 2012, but I was more into football back then, until 2012, where I started enjoying tennis far more, and more passionate about it. so seeing Federer win a slam after two years was quite special. It was a special match from him too, high quality tennis from both, Murray didn't disappoint like in the other 2 slam finals. The 3rd and 4th set of that match was simply a masterclass from Fed, he was too good for Murray.

I watched it my bro, it started a 12:30 am iirc, ended at 5 am. Went to school immediately after that.

Full match:
Cloren is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:30 AM   #5
country flag SerialKillerToBe

SerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond reputeSerialKillerToBe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloren View Post
My personal favourite match would be Federer vs Murray Wimbledon 2012 final. 2012 was the year where I started to be very passionate about tennis, of course I still watched often before 2012, but I was more into football back then, until 2012, where I started enjoying tennis far more, and more passionate about it. so seeing Federer win a slam after two years was quite special. It was a special match from him too, high quality tennis from both, Murray didn't disappoint like in the other 2 slam finals. The 3rd and 4th set of that match was simply a masterclass from Fed, he was too good for Murray.

I watched it my bro, it started a 12:30 am iirc, ended at 5 am. Went to school immediately after that.

Full match:
That Wimbledon final didn't count. Wimbledon is an outdoor tournament, but that one was played indoors.
SerialKillerToBe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:39 AM   #6
country flag Phenomenadal

Phenomenadal has a reputation beyond reputePhenomenadal has a reputation beyond reputePhenomenadal has a reputation beyond reputePhenomenadal has a reputation beyond reputePhenomenadal has a reputation beyond reputePhenomenadal has a reputation beyond reputePhenomenadal has a reputation beyond reputePhenomenadal has a reputation beyond reputePhenomenadal has a reputation beyond reputePhenomenadal has a reputation beyond reputePhenomenadal has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite match of all time came in the Fourth Round of the Australian Open when Roger Federer had the honor of meeting Bernard Tomic.

Not only was this match extremely high in quality, but it marked the first time in tennis history where two future 17-time grand slam champions and future 7 time Wimbledon champions faced each other in a major. The hype surrounding the match was exceptional; two of the sport's most loved figures battling it out in an epic. The fact Tomic was playing on his home soil just amplified the monumental occasion and summoned passion within the hearts of spectators across the nation and tennis world. This was not just the greatest Tennis match of all time, but the greatest witnessed in sports.

A: In a nightclub.

Q: When will you enter your prime?

Q: Greatest memory of your career?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last edited by Phenomenadal : 11-26-2014 at 05:44 AM.
Phenomenadal is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 07:21 AM   #7
country flag Wi$$ard

Wi$$ard has a reputation beyond reputeWi$$ard has a reputation beyond reputeWi$$ard has a reputation beyond reputeWi$$ard has a reputation beyond reputeWi$$ard has a reputation beyond reputeWi$$ard has a reputation beyond reputeWi$$ard has a reputation beyond reputeWi$$ard has a reputation beyond reputeWi$$ard has a reputation beyond reputeWi$$ard has a reputation beyond reputeWi$$ard has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal Verdasco AO09
Wi$$ard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #8
country flag Andrej

Andrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond reputeAndrej has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi$$ard View Post
Nadal Verdasco AO09
This. The final that year also rates high to me, but not as high as the SF.

Also:

This is the match that made me like Murray:

Rome 2005 & 2006 finals.

Andrej is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:19 PM   #9
country flag Pablo23

Pablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond repute

There are many obvious ones already, so I went with this one, mostly forgotten, and it's the match that confirmed me as a Haas fan. (also, same tournament, Tommy's first match against Fed in the semis, that was the first match I saw from both, but there's almost nothing in YT, only a very crappy 4 min highlights video)

Roger Federer - Stan Wawrinka - Jerzy Janowicz - Lleyton Hewitt - Dominic Thiem - David Goffin

TT Singles [Rank: #119 / Best Rank: #119] [ Titles: - ] [ Finals: ATP Bastad '14 - Kaohsiung 14' ]
TT Doubles [Rank: #140 / Best Rank: #137] [ Titles: León '14 ] [ Finals: New Delhi - Busan - Pune 14' ] --> with MachineGun

ST [Rank: #64 / Best Rank: #64] [Titles: Kuala Lumpur 14' - M1000 Shanghai 14' ]
Pablo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:26 PM   #10
country flag robbery47

robbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know how to post videos here. Where is the video button
Old 11-26-2014, 12:37 PM   #11
country flag EddieNero

EddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond reputeEddieNero has a reputation beyond repute

What's the point of this thread? Each tardbase will post matches that involved their faves and obviously were won by them.
EddieNero is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #12
country flag Pablo23

Pablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond reputePablo23 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbery47 View Post
I don't know how to post videos here. Where is the video button
write the part in the YouTube url that's after the "watch" between [ youtube ] [ /youtube ] tags (with no spaces)
Example, the url of the video I posted earlier is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeZyqACnjbo so I posted ?v=IeZyqACnjbo between those tags (no spaces).

Roger Federer - Stan Wawrinka - Jerzy Janowicz - Lleyton Hewitt - Dominic Thiem - David Goffin

TT Singles [Rank: #119 / Best Rank: #119] [ Titles: - ] [ Finals: ATP Bastad '14 - Kaohsiung 14' ]
TT Doubles [Rank: #140 / Best Rank: #137] [ Titles: León '14 ] [ Finals: New Delhi - Busan - Pune 14' ] --> with MachineGun

ST [Rank: #64 / Best Rank: #64] [Titles: Kuala Lumpur 14' - M1000 Shanghai 14' ]
Pablo23 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:12 PM   #13
country flag robbery47

robbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond reputerobbery47 has a reputation beyond repute

incredible match. drama, high quality and two great guys going for the shots

THX Pablo
Old 11-26-2014, 01:37 PM   #14
country flag JMdelpotro6

JMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond reputeJMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond reputeJMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond reputeJMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond reputeJMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond reputeJMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond reputeJMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond reputeJMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond reputeJMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond reputeJMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond reputeJMdelpotro6 has a reputation beyond repute

Underrated match imo. In terms of the quality there were a high bunch of fantastic points. The point at 11:00 was my favourite . This was the two's first match against eachover after the Wimbledon 2008 final and I'm sure Roger was looking for revenge.

After mono in 2008 he was looking to put that behind him where as Rafa was looking for his first hard court slam. Unlike most tards on here I'm not really bothered about who won or the fact that Roger cried at the end. I very much would've wanted Roger to win but it's a match that I always watch again when I've got the time.

Other mentions:

Del Potro vs Djokovic Wimbledon 2013. That has already been posted

Out of the best of 3 matches I'd probably go with this
JMdelpotro6 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #15
country flag STUHL

STUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond reputeSTUHL has a reputation beyond repute

My favorite Match of all time is of course the Match which made me love Kohli's Tennis. It was actually the first full Match of him i have ever saw till then. And it made me become a real big Tennis fan. I came home from school early and saw that this Match has just started and it was a really late start. What than happend over the next four hours was pure Magic with some amazing winners by Kohli. Till this day I haven't seen a german tennis player playing better than this. It was just outstanding and its actually the reason i became such a great fan of this sport!
STUHL is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote