Tennis Opinions You Don't Like To Admit - Page 31 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-20-2013, 06:40 AM   #451
country flag Big Bodacious

Big Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond reputeBig Bodacious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tennis Opinions You Don't Like To Admit

Watching servebots like Raonic, Isner, etc. having a go at it can be an entertaining watch every once in a while.
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #452
country flag MTwEeZi

MTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond reputeMTwEeZi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketassist View Post
That's not an opinion.
It depends on who you ask. Some call it a sham.
MTwEeZi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 07:55 AM   #453
country flag SliceAce

SliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond reputeSliceAce has a reputation beyond repute

Pre-open era slams don't count, most Australian Opens don't count, 1973 Wimbledon doesn't count, and throughout tennis history various slams have become more or less important compared to the WTF, Miami, and other historical tournaments.

And we're supposed to believe that all of that is in the past and every slam is legitimate now?! Many slams nowadays are illegitimate by any historical standard, anyone who's not on a Nadulltard agenda can see that slowing the courts, the level of general competition, getting rid of best of 5, and suspicious circumstances has vastly lowered the value of slams being won today. In 10-15 years the game will probably have different strings/rackets and strict doping controls and 2010-2015 slams will be like pre-open era.

#1 hater of Nadull, Fakervic, Mugray, and the tards who worship them
SliceAce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #454
country flag tribalfusion

tribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond reputetribalfusion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Pre-open era slams don't count, most Australian Opens don't count, 1973 Wimbledon doesn't count, and throughout tennis history various slams have become more or less important compared to the WTF, Miami, and other historical tournaments.

And we're supposed to believe that all of that is in the past and every slam is legitimate now?! Many slams nowadays are illegitimate by any historical standard, anyone who's not on a Nadulltard agenda can see that slowing the courts, the level of general competition, getting rid of best of 5, and suspicious circumstances has vastly lowered the value of slams being won today. In 10-15 years the game will probably have different strings/rackets and strict doping controls and 2010-2015 slams will be like pre-open era.
You misread the OP; everything you say here is something you LOVE to admit and do so on a daily basis unfortunately.
tribalfusion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #455
country flag underspin

underspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond reputeunderspin has a reputation beyond repute

The Olympics are seen as bigger than the WTF by the players.

I genuinely wish this wasn't the case but I think it has been true over the last two or three Olympics and I worry that it will be considered similar currency to slams in the future.
underspin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #456
country flag Htom Sirveaux

Htom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond reputeHtom Sirveaux has a reputation beyond repute

Some MTF Nadal fans seem kind of dumb. More of his fans on here come off that way than those of Djokovic and especially Federer.

He still might not have been my favorite, but I would probably support Djokovic more and be more willing to ignore the things about him that bother me if Nadal had never become a tennis player.

I thought Djokovic was going to start dominating the tour, including RG, after Monte Carlo 2013.

Last edited by Htom Sirveaux : 09-20-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Htom Sirveaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:58 PM   #457
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

You don't dominate the tour if you're physically & mentally gone in practically every big tournament since 2012. Fedal fans say there's nothing wrong with Djoker. Just like they think nothing except Fed bothered Hewitt, Safin, Nalbandian, Roddick, Davydenko, Blake, Ljubicic, Robredo, Gaudio, Moya, Coria, Canas, Henman, Gonzo, Philippoussis, etc....
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:43 AM   #458
country flag Manequin75

Manequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond reputeManequin75 has a reputation beyond repute

Federer is not GOAT

*Assumes Rafael Nadal was never born
Manequin75 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:22 AM   #459
country flag Chase Visa

Chase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond reputeChase Visa has a reputation beyond repute

* Talented shotmakers are over-rated
* Pushers and vultures are under-rated
* Peak Murray is better than peak Djokovic off clay.
* 2008-present is a weaker era than 2003-07.
* Every tennis player to have existed is a mug.
Old 09-29-2013, 05:22 AM   #460
country flag hipolymer

hipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond reputehipolymer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
It depends on who you ask. Some call it a sham.
Just like the moon landing?

Pay your respects to the vultures. . . .

Did you know : the famous gangster Al Capone's criminal headquarters was based inside of a hotel

'82 - '91: best decade in tennis
hipolymer is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 05:57 AM   #461
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unpopular Opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by echf View Post
Surface homogenization is a myth.

Agassi was a better player than Sampras (and more complete obviously), but he fucked around for too long.

Nalbandian and Davydenko are way overrated.
LOL no

SLAMS: 4 SEMIS, 6 QUARTERS
WTF: 1 TITLE, 1 FINAL, 1 SEMI
MASTERS: 3 TITLES, 5 SEMIS, 10 QUARTERS
TITLES: 21
MATCH WIN/LOSS: 482-329

Last edited by TBkeeper : 09-29-2013 at 06:03 AM.
TBkeeper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 06:03 AM   #462
country flag TBkeeper

TBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond reputeTBkeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank_frackis View Post
Winning more "big points" than your opponent in a close match is often just down to luck, not magical mental energy and positive thinking bullshit.
This

Old 09-29-2013, 06:07 AM   #463
country flag TBkeeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Violation View Post
Peak Federer is not a god
Peak God is not A Federer

Old 09-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #464
country flag elpistolero7

elpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond reputeelpistolero7 has a reputation beyond repute

Federer has the most aesthetically pleasing game of anyone I've ever seen play (barring maybe Gasquet).
elpistolero7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #465
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase Visa View Post
* Talented shotmakers are over-rated

Absolutely true.

Quote:
* Pushers and vultures are under-rated

Most of them are, yes.

Quote:
* Peak Murray is better than peak Djokovic off clay.

No, just no.

Quote:
* 2008-present is a weaker era than 2003-07.

I respectfully disagree.

Quote:
* Every tennis player to have existed is a mug.

This is true (the players in my signature are the exception from the rule ).

Last edited by Matt01 : 09-29-2013 at 10:38 PM.
Matt01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote