Mens Tennis Forums banner

Fabio Fognini - The Hope of Italy

179K views 904 replies 101 participants last post by  RU90 
#1 ·
This kid is just 17 and even though he may be far from the heights of Nadal, Monfils and Gasquet at such an age, Fognini is a real bright spot for Italian tennis.

Number 501 in the world you may think there is no big deal, but this year is his first main year and hes already won a futures event in SPain as well as being in the final of another in Italy. Now in the Olbia CHallenger event he is in the quarters beating Luzzi in round 2.

So With this result he will be in the top 500 for sure and will move up quite a few places. A few more succesful challengers and he should hopefully be recognised on the challneger tour!

#476 ·
:lol: His game looks worse than it is. His backhand does not get much body weight into it, it's still an accurate weapon when he's on, and his forehand can be a touch flicky at times. But ironically, I believe sometimes these are goods signs (visible weaknesses in the game of a developing player) especially in Fabio's case as he is already ranked inside the top 100. He still has time to work on all areas of play.

#477 ·
SF: Fabio d M.Gonzalez 64 67(2) 61

Fabio loves the drama:eek: down 0-4 in the first:lol: served for the match twice in the 2nd and wasted 3 mps:eek: at least got it together in last set:p final against Junqueira.
Bastad R1 vs Soderling.
Better he takes the title in Torino because in Sweden will have hard time:unsure:

#481 ·
It really looks like it sometimes. I've never seen a guy with eyelashes that thick and even. Maybe he's just really lucky?

Anyway great scoreline for the final. I don't think we'll see Fabio ranked much higher this year, but next year I can see him cracking the top 50.

#483 ·
good win in Torino but bad draw for Bastad

he was so unlucky to miss all clay season this year but that means that he'll have everything to gain next season

#485 ·
great chance lost

Soderling won 6-1 6-7 7-5

good comeback in the 2nd set from a break down but in the final set he made 0/5 on BPs

#493 ·
why isnt Fabio playing neither Toronto nor Cincinatti?

#498 ·
good win
he surely has a chance to make the final

#500 ·
:drool: Keep going in UMAG. I'm addicted to hot Italians,. Pipo, Potote and now this delicious thing :devil:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.