Pat Cash : Are Rafael Nadal Nadal and Novak Djokovic boring? - Page 10 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-22-2013, 02:47 AM   #136
country flag yonexforever

yonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond repute

If I had my way the ATP would need to do the following w/o generational bias

1 ) Stop chasing Summer around the globe. That would mean we go back to a winter indoor season on carpet!
2) Start restricting the racket n string technology.
3) Limit the amount of hard court tournaments because they all seem so medium to slow resulting in a homogonization of the type of play required for success.

As for the generational arguments, endless S&V was no more interesting or entertaining to me as these baseline marauding bashers.
Variety is always more interesting n I see very little of it these days.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
yonexforever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2013, 03:16 AM   #137
country flag ahadabans

ahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pat Cash : Are Rafael Nadal Nadal and Novak Djokovic boring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonexforever View Post
If I had my way the ATP would need to do the following w/o generational bias

1 ) Stop chasing Summer around the globe. That would mean we go back to a winter indoor season on carpet!
2) Start restricting the racket n string technology.
3) Limit the amount of hard court tournaments because they all seem so medium to slow resulting in a homogonization of the type of play required for success.

As for the generational arguments, endless S&V was no more interesting or entertaining to me as these baseline marauding bashers.
Variety is always more interesting n I see very little of it these days.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I wouldn't be opposed to taking a bite out of HC season and extending indoor a little bit, but I'd rather it be on grass not carpet. I hate artificial surfaces. I'd also extend grass season during the summer. In my perfect tennis world, three M1000 series would be on clay, three would be on HC and three would be on grass. As far as slams go, I'd keep RG on clay, Wimbledon on grass and USO on HC and revert the Australian back to grass or clay (I believe it has been both in the past). I'm partial to natural surfaces as I feel they are truer to the origins of the game.

None of that is likely to happen though. I still don't get why grass season is so short. It's the original surface this game was played on.
ahadabans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:21 AM   #138
country flag Motoflou
Barkeep

Motoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond reputeMotoflou has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahadabans View Post
None of that is likely to happen though. I still don't get why grass season is so short. It's the original surface this game was played on.
I think it's mostly just because grass costs more to maintain. If it weren't so expensive, I'm sure a couple more tournaments would use it.
Motoflou is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:22 AM   #139
country flag ProdigyEng

ProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond reputeProdigyEng has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoflou View Post
I think it's mostly just because grass costs more to maintain. If it weren't so expensive, I'm sure a couple more tournaments would use it.
I know Wimbledon prides itself on the growing and maintaining of grass etc, but can't lesser tournaments just use turf grass ? That wouldn't be difficult.
But any problem cannot be found?

argument.
Quote:
"Janowicz is a little crazy, but off the court very nice and humble." - Jurgen Melzer

http://marekfurjan.blox.pl/2014/11/S...lczy-o-AO.html
^^^ suck it ill informed JJ haters.
ProdigyEng is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 03:35 AM   #140
country flag Alex999

Alex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond reputeAlex999 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motoflou View Post
yeah, unfortunately this is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowManyTimes View Post
I know Wimbledon prides itself on the growing and maintaining of grass etc, but can't lesser tournaments just use turf grass ? That wouldn't be difficult.
I posted a thread about the artificial grass courts a while ago. I've never had a chance to play on it and most members here responded that it was slippery and they didn't like it. Some did though (especially people living in Europe). However, there is a big difference playing at your local club on 'whatever particular surface is' than the pro tour.
Alex999 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 02:58 PM   #141
country flag yonexforever

yonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond reputeyonexforever has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahadabans View Post
I wouldn't be opposed to taking a bite out of HC season and extending indoor a little bit, but I'd rather it be on grass not carpet. I hate artificial surfaces. I'd also extend grass season during the summer. In my perfect tennis world, three M1000 series would be on clay, three would be on HC and three would be on grass. As far as slams go, I'd keep RG on clay, Wimbledon on grass and USO on HC and revert the Australian back to grass or clay (I believe it has been both in the past). I'm partial to natural surfaces as I feel they are truer to the origins of the game.

Point well taken regarding grass courts. I left it out for just the reasons below, the cost and maintenance involved.It is sad that it was the original surface.
The infra structure in place now for harcourts would be hard and expensive to replace with carpet the way the game has expanded in terms of sheer numbers. We can fantasize though!
yonexforever is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #142
country flag ahadabans

ahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond reputeahadabans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonexforever View Post
Point well taken regarding grass courts. I left it out for just the reasons below, the cost and maintenance involved.It is sad that it was the original surface.
The infra structure in place now for harcourts would be hard and expensive to replace with carpet the way the game has expanded in terms of sheer numbers. We can fantasize though!
One thing that I think goes unappreciated about natural surfaces is movement. It is harder to move on clay and grass. I did an analysis of the total number of winners at each of the slams this year and calculated the average winners per game. What I found was interesting. On Clay and Grass, the average was 2.2 winners per game. On HC? Only 1.5 winners per game. Obviously, clay is slower than HC and yet people hit more winners on it. Why? IMO, because it's harder to move around on it. I think the same is true for grass to an extent (obviously it's faster too). Both surfaces are slippery and you simply can't sprint and stop on a dime when you play on it. So the dynamics of the game change on natural surfaces. And I think that is positive for the game. HC tennis is actually really grindy because movement is so much easier. I know everyone laments the court speed, but I don't think that's the main reason honestly.

So this is why I'd like to see more natural court tennis. I think it makes for better matches.
ahadabans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 02:11 PM   #143
country flag sportstennis

sportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond reputesportstennis has a reputation beyond repute

Nabull is boring ugly hell.

Nadal "Sampras, Ivanisevic match. or one between those kind of players, is not enjoyable. It's not really tennis. it is a few swings of the racquet. For me in the past it was just serve. serve" smug arrogant.

clay excluded. successive win 0.  If grass and a hard are fast. Like Sampras era. Nadal is able to win only with clay. power of defense and muscles. boring ugly. All the surface is slow now.

fake time-out. cheat. gamesmanship. too noisy annoying always. excuse. boycotts threatened. always dissatisfaction cry complaints. dissatisfaction to schedule. selfish two-year ranking. bump to player. ugly protest. always exaggerated appeal of self condition. etc. overrated by fanatic arrogant blind fan
sportstennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote