Federer def. Rusedski 6-3, 6-1 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-12-2005, 12:34 PM   #1
country flag Billabong

Billabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond reputeBillabong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Federer def. Rusedski 6-3, 6-1

Well done Rogi, keep it up!!!

Rogi Federer & Novak Djokovic

Tommy Haas - Viktor Troicki - Mikhail Youzhny - Lleyton Hewitt - Janko Tipsarevic - Stanislas Wawrinka - J. C. Ferrero

Tennis Matches on DVDs Website
Billabong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #2
country flag misyou25

misyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond reputemisyou25 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Federer def. Rusedski 6-3, 6-1

greeeeeeeeeeg
misyou25 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #3
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rogi- good match to ease his way into the event and get used to the surface and conditions.
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 01:07 PM   #4
country flag lucashg

lucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond reputelucashg has a reputation beyond repute

It was a good match for Federer, was a bit shaky at the beginning, but then he put himself together and it was a miracle that Rudedski didn't get bagelled in that 2nd set. Rudedski didn't help himself playing poorly (awful serve stats) the way he did.

Roger Federer

Richard Gasquet, Marcos Baghdatis, Tomas Berdych, Evgeny Korolev, Stanislas Wawrinka, Fabrice Santoro, Paul-Henri Mathieu, etc

Proud passenger on The Federer Express

Seat #115
lucashg is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #5
country flag MissMoJo

MissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond reputeMissMoJo has a reputation beyond repute

Rogi
Old 04-12-2005, 05:29 PM   #6
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

It is refreshing to see that no-one started a thread in GM declaring "Roger's going down to clay court novice Rusedski" after the latter took an early 3-1 lead. Good performance overall, including one forehand supposedly hit at 105mph in fairly heavy conditions, and there were a couple of lovely net points including a wrongfooting backhand volley down the line behind Rusedski. Still, rather like Ferrero against Karlovic yesterday (not that I would put Rusedski in the same league; he does have groundstrokes, he hit a couple of penetrating forehands to get the early break), Federer's level on clay can only be properly judged against a tougher opponent. Montanes is the anti-Rusedski in almost every department, so that will be a harder workout.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #7
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Roger played well and it was as comfortable as the scoreline suggests. Watching it though I kind of found myself wanting Greg to win a game or two towards the end and I don't think I have ever wanted someone to prolong a match against Roger (apart from maybe Lleyton). Maybe I have a unconscious like of Greg. I know I've always preferred him to Tim and I hope that if he continues playing on over 30 that he does well. It was a weird feeling though
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:46 PM   #8
country flag Sjengster

Sjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond reputeSjengster has a reputation beyond repute

So irritated is my tennis-watching brother with Federer's dominance (and he is a Rusedski fan too) that I find myself hoping for tough contests every single time, and the easy ones are virtually unwatchable because I know he will get annoyed with Barry Cowerer's endless Federer fawning. He's already calling Federer the favourite for RG, which we both found daft.

ROGER FEDERER: Yeah, I remember this one time when I went on a vacation on the Maldives. That was in the year 2001, I think. I went to this spa. I went to walk around with my girlfriend. I walk in, and we want to book a spa. This guy goes, "AHH, I remember you. You beat Sampras. I saw you on TV." That was like, really, how can you remember me? This guy has probably never been off his island and still knows me. I was a little bit shocked. Then I went to play tennis with him because he was actually the tennis teacher. It was nice.

Q. Were you naked at the time in the spa?

ROGER FEDERER: No. It was at the front desk. I didn't walk in naked.
Sjengster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:52 PM   #9
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

greg

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 06:02 PM   #10
country flag Raquel

Raquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond reputeRaquel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjengster
So irritated is my tennis-watching brother with Federer's dominance (and he is a Rusedski fan too) that I find myself hoping for tough contests every single time, and the easy ones are virtually unwatchable because I know he will get annoyed with Barry Cowerer's endless Federer fawning. He's already calling Federer the favourite for RG, which we both found daft.
I thought so too, especially as I am sure he said something similar about Coria the day before (or that may have been someone else on Sky), but yes, Barry's fawning is excessive. Barry is just comedy most of the time. He said to Peter Fleming today during Ancic/Guga something like "Peter, from 5-5, 30-30 what do you think has changed in the match? Has Guga's level dropped or has Ancic raised his game?" Peter says he doesnt know and asks Barry what he thinks and Barry says "Well I don't think Ancic is playing much better than in the first set but then.........I don't think Guga's playing much worse either". Cue dead silence.
C'mon Lleyton!
HoPp FuNkY Flo!
Raquel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 06:44 PM   #11
country flag NYCtennisfan
Fed Fo Mod

NYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond reputeNYCtennisfan has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was a great upset that Greg broke Federer and I mean that! Hopefully Greg will have some good stuff for the grass later on.
NYCtennisfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 07:00 PM   #12
country flag NATAS81

NATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Roger so polite? Giving the whole world an up-close look at the most brilliant tennis ever displayed.
NATAS81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:17 PM   #13
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Rogi, great match as always

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 09:32 PM   #14
Beat

Beat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond reputeBeat has a reputation beyond repute

congrats. bring on montanes!

Beat is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 02:36 AM   #15
country flag Art&Soul

Art&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond reputeArt&Soul has a reputation beyond repute

Good win ROGI, keep it up for the next round

The most talented player the world ever seen, RogiGOAT

The proud Passenger on the FEDERER 18 EXPRESS
Art&Soul is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote