What does Djokovic have to do to end the year as #1? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 09-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #31
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What does Djokovic have to do to end the year as #1?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
Well he must win Shanghai for a start and then he must play his best in both Paris and WTF and i highly doubt it will happen. We're entering in Nadal's weakest part of the season so maybe he can still recover
Well, I hope not. I don't mind Djokovic being #1 and Nadal #2, but that would unleash endless rounds of "Who is the real #1?" and that is so irritating to me.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #32
country flag pepita1964

pepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond reputepepita1964 has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic should take time off as Nadal did and makes the magic come back in sport ever seen. It obvious that is only possible in tennis.Novak played in 3 F of of GS and 1SF of GS. Nadal took his 7 weeks off after FO ,lulled every one with his knee injury and BS about HC are danger for his body . I really feel sorry for Nole because he played a lot of BO5 matches this year . He got it in 3rd set in this F that Nadal can play other 20 hours without problem, He was fresher than he was in 1st set that is why 4rd set score was 6 1.
Djokovic needed to do what Federer did as he lost to Robredo , If Nadal played to Wawrinka in F he could crash him but then the rating of US open would be so down .
pepita1964 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:44 PM   #33
country flag Brick Top

Brick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond reputeBrick Top has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic is done with being number 1. Just leave it pls dont open a wounds.
Hewitt = Llegend
Iron STan = Saviour of tennis
Villains
Nadull - moonballer with zero talent
Ferrer - Talentless Vulture
Tomic - overrated mug who will never win anything big

Quote:
Originally Posted by SliceAce View Post
Basically, Queerey is a disgrace to the human race.
Brick Top is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #34
country flag r2473

r2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond reputer2473 has a reputation beyond repute

Have the year end today
r2473 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:25 PM   #35
Joey Tribbiani

Joey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond repute

Djokovic just need to open his mouth and take the shit that is waiting for him.

If he wanted to be #1 at the end of year he should have beat Rafa at RG, at Montreal or Us Open.

He didn't, that's it, that's all.

4 AO - 1 RG - 7 W - 5 USO

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

'The future is just a fucking concept that we use to avoid being alive today.'

'You only get one life. There's no God, no rules, except for those you accept or create for yourself. Then once it's over... it's over. Dreamless sleep forever and ever. So why not be happy while you're here?'

Last edited by Joey Tribbiani : 09-10-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Joey Tribbiani is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #36
country flag Mong Mong

Mong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond reputeMong Mong has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
He can pray for death. He's not going to vulture the #1 ranking, not happening. It wouldn't even matter, we all know who the real #1 is anyway
King and Prince 2014! #1 and #2 respectively. Order has been restored in tennis.

WTA Royalties
Queen Maria Sharapova 1-2-1-1-S-32 | Princess Petra Kvitova 2- 12
Mong Mong is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #37
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

Djoker felt guilty being number 1.
There's no way he would've played sloppy nonchalant tennis if he didn't feel guilty when Nadal was absent.

He knows no one has the bright idea to help him deal with his own game problems. Is he just satisfied that he's rich & famous?
Are those reasons why he chokes so many matches away?

How did anyone allow him to constantly defend Nadal when Nadal won 6 tournaments & was catching up to #1?
Djoker is not Nadal's ambassador.
Why does he feel the need to take care of everyone he likes?
Nadal, paying for his brothers' tennis expenses even though they won't be good enough for Davis Cup tennis with him

Obviously, he doesn't feel he's one of the best players of all time, so he won't bother fighting to be good
to the tennis fans.
Does he think he's a fluke?
Was he afraid & overwhelmed by high
expectations because he & almost all other players made him feel like a fluke after 2008?
The only reason people praise Nadal profusely is because Djoker humiliated himself countless times in a short time period & downplayed his bizarre reversal of mental & physical fitness. If he wasn't shamelessly snatching losses from the jaw of victory, no one would be screaming hysterically about Nadal.

His face expressions & uncharacteristic choking at 4-2 at French Open & US Open, plus his lethargic fitness proved that he did very little to improve his game.

He didn't think he had a higher level. I'm sorry, but it's not normal for him to barely hit the line or miss the court every time he's leading 4-2 & 3=1.
He acted like he was lucky to have 6 Slams, like no one else got lucky.

He did everything he could to show embarrassment at losing 90% of his matches against a guy who had a 7 month absence.
Either he gets a good tongue lashing from a real coach & psychologist or he should take a 2 month break.
He clearly didn't want to be #1 with all these losses that made Nadal & Murray look perfect.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #38
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rychu View Post
there is one week of break between these two this time
That is next year not this year.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:12 PM   #39
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

He needs to win every match he plays And Nadal only reaching semis of Shanghai and Paris, Final of Basel and Valencia and only 1 win in YEC, However Nadal can improve in 1 of these results and Djokovic still has a shot if he wins them all. WIth that said, it is unlikely and TBH he doesn't deserve it.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #40
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Nole does not deserve #1. I guess it'd be nice to get it but who cares. Nole should think about protecting #2 because with his chokes, he might lose that too

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #41
Joey Tribbiani

Joey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond reputeJoey Tribbiani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Nole should think about protecting #2 because with his chokes, he might lose that too
Not gonna happen.

Never.

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

'You only get one life. There's no God, no rules, except for those you accept or create for yourself. Then once it's over... it's over. Dreamless sleep forever and ever. So why not be happy while you're here?'
Old 09-10-2013, 11:21 PM   #42
country flag SheepleBuster

SheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond reputeSheepleBuster has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_92 View Post
Not gonna happen.

Never.
Nole is not my #1 guy but I truly worry about his mental status. He really seemed he didn't want to be there in the 4th set of that match... from 0-40 in 4-4 to 6-1 in the 4th? I don't know man. An early loss in a slam and that could happen

Suarez & Nadal : True Trailblazers in Sports

Dedicated to the neo-L.Ron Hubbard of Espana, fake Pharaoh without clothes ... cult leader extraordinaire
SheepleBuster is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 11:23 PM   #43
Joey Tribbiani

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheepleBuster View Post
Nole is not my #1 guy but I truly worry about his mental status. He really seemed he didn't want to be there in the 4th set of that match... from 0-40 in 4-4 to 6-1 in the 4th? I don't know man. An early loss in a slam and that could happen
Maybe he can lose in the final and semifinal, but not before.

And there's NO ONE out there that can trouble Djokovic.

Not even Murray.

302 weeks #1 - 6 WTFs

Old 09-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #44
country flag Huckleberry Z.

Huckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond reputeHuckleberry Z. has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't deserve the number one ranking (winning one slam to Nadal's two) and is not going to be able to stop Nadal, who is already nearly tied with him and only has points to gain for the rest of the year. Nadal is going to be number one for 2013. There is nothing Djokovic can do short of bribing Nadal to not play any more tournaments until January.

It will be good for Nole to be number #2. It will inspire him to work harder and raise his level of tennis yet again to compete with Nadal (and Murray, too, especially at Wimbledon).

"It’s not just the athletic artistry that compels interest in tennis at the professional level. It’s also what this level requires -- what it’s taken for the one-hundredth-ranked player in the world to get there, what it takes to stay, what it would take to rise even higher against other men who’ve paid the same price number one hundred has paid." -- David Foster Wallace
Huckleberry Z. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #45
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute

He doesn't look too resistant except at the Australian Open. Even there, he could barely focus.

He's a chatterbox, but he won't let any advice stick.
After May 2012, he couldn't serve his way out of a paper bag, after
wasting 10 break points & going up 4-2 in consecutive Slams.
If he goes to #3, he won't rise back up to #1 because
he can't handle winning Masters titles & 2 Slams.
With Murray, if he owns 20 break points
& gets up 4-2 at Wimbledon, he'll hold on.
Novak doesn't care anymore.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote