Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold... - Page 88 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 04:52 AM   #1306
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ye Olde Castle Vol.66 - The Spy Who Came In From The Cold...

Joe you can do it.

I don't know about your specific situation; but from personal experience I was able to raise my GPA by .5

Some tips:
-If you have breaks in between classes, then go to your library and do readings/study. (Instead of going home, laptop, games etc.)
-If you have readings to do....DO them! This also helps for test time, because you will know the material much better.
-Take any extra credit opportunities
-Don't be afraid to cut back on the drinking on weekends or maybe party less
-Try to work out often or get on a schedule (Helps keep the mind clear, also helps with confidence)
-Never ever skip classes.
-If you get distracted at home, go to another environment.
-Study way ahead of time and work your ass off!
-Also sometimes tennis matches and MTF need to be put on the back burner ...

Learning disabilities can suck. But from what I know of you, you are smart chap who is capable of a lot.

Do your best out their mate! Work hard and BELIEVE in yourself. Realize you have the potential for greatness

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #1307
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Morning guys I slept only 4 hours. I wouldn't say it was enough But oh well, who wants to sleep through off days? I have lot of things to do.

Hi there, Kowchi
Old 09-20-2013, 08:10 AM   #1308
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Morning, Di

Only four hours? And you'll soon have to get up as 03.00? I'd have hoped you were well rested ahead of that...unlses you can sleep at work
Litotes is online now View My Blog!  
Old 09-20-2013, 08:16 AM   #1309
country flag Kowchi

Kowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond reputeKowchi has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Songja and Markus.

What is going on in your lives?

For me I am up to no good, procrastinating on a rough draft paper . Class is in like 8hrs and for once I just don't really want to write. I know I can do it and do it well... but the motivation :/

Why? Because I love tennis plain and simple

* Slams Do Not Exist!

Lenders: One thing people need to understand about this so-called weak era is that it was 'weak' for Federer on HC and grass and for Nadal on clay (Federer on clay too Nadal apart) because they were so much better than anyone else, for any outsider the era couldn't possibly be any harder, during 5+ years you had to either beat the best grass/HC player ever or the best clay player ever in every single Slam just to get 1 Slam title.
Kowchi is online now View My Blog!  
Old 09-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #1310
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
Hi Songja and Markus.

For me I am up to no good, procrastinating on a rough draft paper . Class is in like 8hrs and for once I just don't really want to write. I know I can do it and do it well... but the motivation :/
Hi

Not much going on with me, I'm afraid. Same old job, no personal news to speak of. Most exciting thing to happen lately is that I've taken up tennis tipping (TT) here on the forum. No successes yet, but it's fun

I was always a procrastinator too, back in my study days. I resolved to change that a lot of times. Didn't work....hope you're more successful.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #1311
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Sonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond reputeSonja1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Morning, Di

Only four hours? And you'll soon have to get up as 03.00? I'd have hoped you were well rested ahead of that...unlses you can sleep at work
Markus

Well maybe I will be able to fall asleep earlier than I usually do. So I can be rested even on my first day.
At work? No way.. No sleeping at work.

How are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowchi View Post
Hi Songja and Markus.

Right now I enjoy my off days. I work. Recently I got the job role I wanted so I'm happy now.

Hard to do anything if you have lack of motivation. That's for sure.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:30 AM   #1312
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Morning all

Same here, same old job.

Same drive to work this morning LOL - at least its the weekend coming
Old 09-20-2013, 08:32 AM   #1313
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Adrian
Old 09-20-2013, 08:33 AM   #1314
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonja1989 View Post
Markus

Well maybe I will be able to fall asleep earlier than I usually do. So I can be rested even on my first day.
At work? No way.. No sleeping at work.

How are you?
I didn't really think you could sleep at work I wonder how many can?

I'm OK, it's nice it's Friday. I look forward to relaxing in the weekend
Old 09-20-2013, 08:35 AM   #1315
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post
Morning all

Same here, same old job.

Same drive to work this morning LOL - at least its the weekend coming
Ady

Can you drive in different directions to work? Last time I had a job that required a car (and a car) there were two ways to get there, and I would alternate according to mood. Now that I walk to work I tend to vary a bit where I walk too.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #1316
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

AdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond reputeAdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ady

Can you drive in different directions to work? Last time I had a job that required a car (and a car) there were two ways to get there, and I would alternate according to mood. Now that I walk to work I tend to vary a bit where I walk too.

I can do a bit of variation on the roads I drive to to get to the seafront - but once I'm on the seafront it's the one road only

Quote:
Adrian
Morning Di
Old 09-20-2013, 08:55 AM   #1317
country flag Sonja1989
A happy person

Quote:
I didn't really think you could sleep at work I wonder how many can?

I'm OK, it's nice it's Friday. I look forward to relaxing in the weekend
On Lego I think no one. They deal with our good and they think isn't good to being bored at work.

For me it's already weekend.

Okay, I go to the city. Enjoy your day all
I will be without my phone for a half day
Old 09-20-2013, 08:58 AM   #1318
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeyC View Post

I can do a bit of variation on the roads I drive to to get to the seafront - but once I'm on the seafront it's the one road only
Seafront? That sound like a potentially nice view Hope you can have some pleasure in that.

One thing I wondered about TT, btw. This rule thread
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=90040
only lists changes from the previous rules in post 1. Do we have a thread that list all current rules? Or are they somewhere later in the thread? I hoped to read myself up and not have to ask about everything....
Old 09-20-2013, 09:00 AM   #1319
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
On Lego I think no one. They deal with our good and they think isn't good to being bored at work.

For me it's already weekend.

Okay, I go to the city. Enjoy your day all
I will be without my phone for a half day
You and Amber both, her weekend starts Fridays. Hope she's enjoying it.

Enjoy your day, Di
Old 09-20-2013, 09:09 AM   #1320
country flag AdeyC
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Seafront? That sound like a potentially nice view Hope you can have some pleasure in that.

One thing I wondered about TT, btw. This rule thread
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=90040
only lists changes from the previous rules in post 1. Do we have a thread that list all current rules? Or are they somewhere later in the thread? I hoped to read myself up and not have to ask about everything....

Well bits of it are nice views - but then you get to the parts where it's a bit grotty, a cement factory, a place that hires out skips, a scrap metal yard, etc.

This is a better thread for the rules :-

http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=137927

I have mentioned this to the rest of the TT guys, because I think one thread was set up years ago, rules changed and evolved but they weren't all merged.

It might be time consuming so we're going to wait for this years Rule Changes and Discussions period which will start soon to finish (then there's a player vote on the topics requested) and then they'll be updated for 2014 with whatever changes are requested.