Nadal: Playing the Masters Cup every year on indoor hard is not fair - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think?

Damn right 61 36.09%
No way 108 63.91%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #31
country flag henke007

henke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond reputehenke007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal: Playing the Masters Cup every year on indoor hard is not fair

Playing most tourneys of the year on Clay is not fair. Bring back Carpet and super fast courts.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #32
country flag Pusha T

Pusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond reputePusha T has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal: Playing the Masters Cup every year on indoor hard is not fair

It's already played on indoor clay, no?
Pusha T is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #33
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond reputeSombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

he is SO right. they dont even play for all the season on indoor(lets face it, indoor season is not as big as it used to be), yet they play on indoor the world finals, where you can qualify playing mostly on outdoor hcs, clay and grass(in that order). not much sense imo

Jerzy Janowicz/Bernard the aTomic /Thanasi Kokkinakis/Kei Nishikori

John Millman / Javier Martí/Taro Daniel-Jules Marie-Josh Milton

Henkka Kontinen
-Nick Kyrgios-Henri Laaksonen- Attila Balazs- Pierre Hugues Herbert-Alex Bolt-Marcus Willis-Kristijan Mesaros-Brydan Klein-Chris Rungkat-Piotr Gadomski-Hugo Nys-Pol Toledo
www.tennisalternative.com
Sombrerero loco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #34
country flag Pawcio765

Pawcio765 has a reputation beyond reputePawcio765 has a reputation beyond reputePawcio765 has a reputation beyond reputePawcio765 has a reputation beyond reputePawcio765 has a reputation beyond reputePawcio765 has a reputation beyond reputePawcio765 has a reputation beyond reputePawcio765 has a reputation beyond reputePawcio765 has a reputation beyond reputePawcio765 has a reputation beyond reputePawcio765 has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa wants to have everything He's politely sending a message

Since the thread about surfaces was closed I'm posting my thoughts here:

As much as I agree that the courts and even grass are slower than before and it favors players like Rafa. I don't agree they have done it especially for him The rackets are better and the players are better athletes. Nadal was just the right person on the right time and place.

Every year when USO starts, I have to get use to those super high ball bounces. The conditions are much more similar to clay and I hate it. They slowed down everything they could, IW and Miami are even worse than USO . Apparently that's not enough for them as we could read that they want to make Miami a clay tournament...

We all saw this yesterday, Rafa was returning the ball back as much as he wanted. When he got in the good position he hit a bigger shot and that's it. End of the story.

That's the future of tennis. Marathons with a lot of topspin. It's about the defense not the offense. We have to get use to it.
Pawcio765 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:22 AM   #35
country flag riff

riff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTwEeZi View Post
56% taxes on 3.6 mil. Way to support your country.
stupid, why not move to Monaco like some other top players or Switzerland
riff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #36
country flag riff

riff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond reputeriff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawcio765 View Post

As much as I agree that the courts and even grass are slower than before and it favors players like Rafa. I don't agree they have done it especially for him The rackets are better and the players are better athletes. Nadal was just the right person on the right time and place.

Every year when USO starts, I have to get use to those super high ball bounces. The conditions are much more similar to clay and I hate it. They slowed down everything they could, IW and Miami are even worse than USO . Apparently that's not enough for them as we could read that they want to make Miami a clay tournament...

We all saw this yesterday, Rafa was returning the ball back as much as he wanted. When he got in the good position he hit a bigger shot and that's it. End of the story.

That's the future of tennis. Marathons with a lot of topspin. It's about the defense not the offense. We have to get use to it.
yet you still get big servers that just make mockery of the game, nobody, absolute nobody wants to see 1 shot points
riff is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #37
country flag cveks

cveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal's are keeping ATP/ITF in their pocket.

Thats why all GS hard courts are now slow surfaces with high bouncing balls .

That suits the best Nadal's game and he receive the serve 3 meters behind baseline same as on clay...

Tio Toni with Nadal sponsors are lobbing to have clay WTF....

If Berdych can't keep a double break lead I'm done with tennis.
Djokovic took set 6-4 against Berdych.

Quote:
“Does Djokovic resemble myself?” Agassi said. “No, he is even better. He defends really well, while I struggled more in that element of the game. Novak looks totally relaxed when defending, completely calm and the quality of his return is incredible. He is also extremely flexible in his game, which is facilitated by his ability to anticipate his rival’s moves. That is why I think he is a much more versatile player than I was and he is also much more athletic.”
cveks is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #38
country flag Sri

Sri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond reputeSri has a reputation beyond repute

This statement is an admission from Nadal that he is good only in slow high bounce conditions

Tards, don't attack me. Your god made the statement.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #39
country flag cveks

cveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond reputecveks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawcio765 View Post

THIS!

Thank you for this post.

What most people dont see is that USO surface now is same as clay .

Super slow with high bounce.

It was crazy for me when I first saw that Wawrinka is retrieving Djokovic 2nd serve not near baseline, but 3 meters behind. Same is Nadal doing.

Hard courts should be fast and low bouncing not slow and high bouncing as clay.

Quote:
“Does Djokovic resemble myself?” Agassi said. “No, he is even better. He defends really well, while I struggled more in that element of the game. Novak looks totally relaxed when defending, completely calm and the quality of his return is incredible. He is also extremely flexible in his game, which is facilitated by his ability to anticipate his rival’s moves. That is why I think he is a much more versatile player than I was and he is also much more athletic.”
Old 09-10-2013, 08:47 AM   #40
country flag A_Skywalker

A_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Love to see the haters claiming all tournaments Rafa won are slowed down

Tennis Tipping and PAW Results
A_Skywalker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #41
country flag cveks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sri View Post
This statement is an admission from Nadal that he is good only in slow high bounce conditions

Tards, don't attack me. Your god made the statement.
Exactly

And Nadal is lobbing for same surface on WTF.

Quote:
Old 09-10-2013, 09:19 AM   #42
country flag BroTree456

BroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond repute

dont worry rafa, ur going to win 1, atp will gift u one just like they did with every non clay slams u ve won
Old 09-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #43
country flag NID

NID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond reputeNID has a reputation beyond repute

it will be moved to clay and he will be allowed to use spaghetti strings. fair now?
NID is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #44
country flag Lopez

Lopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond reputeLopez has a reputation beyond repute

I've always thought that the WTF surface is pretty neutral, unlike it probably was in the past.

YEC has traditionally almost always been an indoor tournament and London is doing a magnificent job of handling it. It's the "indoor Slam", the most prestigious title after the Slams, the one big indoor tournament and it's good that that "surface" gets its own big tournament.

Not sure what Nadal is complaining about, Kuerten won the YEC, beating Sampras and Agassi along the way IIRC. Part of being a champion is adapting your game, something that Nadal tends to be known for

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
lol, who will beat him? Wawrinka? Berdych? Gulbis? Rosol? Federer?

Only Del Potro can take him out before the semis, and he won't. Nadal is winning the AO, bet your house on it.
Somewhere out there, there is a homeless person who once took betting advice from GSMnadal
Lopez is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #45
country flag aleer

aleer has a reputation beyond reputealeer has a reputation beyond reputealeer has a reputation beyond reputealeer has a reputation beyond reputealeer has a reputation beyond reputealeer has a reputation beyond reputealeer has a reputation beyond reputealeer has a reputation beyond reputealeer has a reputation beyond reputealeer has a reputation beyond reputealeer has a reputation beyond repute

LOL Humbalito strikes again, speaking his mind right after winning the USO. For sure he wants everything in his way, no? Such a joke.

Last edited by aleer : 09-10-2013 at 10:16 AM.
aleer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote