Nadal: Playing the Masters Cup every year on indoor hard is not fair - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: What do you think?

Damn right 61 36.31%
No way 107 63.69%
Voters: 168. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2013, 05:47 AM   #16
country flag GhostUnholy

GhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond reputeGhostUnholy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal: Playing the Masters Cup every year on indoor hard is not fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
He makes an interesting point, one I hadn't thought of before, but I disagree.

The Year End has always been indoors, and it should stay like that.
Agreed, its just a matter of tradition. There are other big tournaments on other surfaces, there's no reason why we shouldn't have an indoor one too.
GhostUnholy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #17
country flag DuMa

DuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond reputeDuMa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal: Playing the Masters Cup every year on indoor hard is not fair

It should always stay indoors because the event is in November. Which means it will have bad weather most likely in any major city. But Rafa is true, it doesnt have to be a hard court. They could switch it up year to year and get some clay or maybe even grass.
DuMa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #18
country flag iriraz

iriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond reputeiriraz has a reputation beyond repute

The weather is always an issue in November and as long as it is in Europe it will always be indoor.I remember when it was in Houston,and was outdoors,the tournament had the fair share of rain delays.
Regarding other surfaces,playing on clay,when all the other events in that period are on hard is also problematic.Also,the players will be consulted for such a switch to take place,and i doubt the majority of players would agree with Nadal.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:14 AM   #19
country flag finishingmove

finishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond reputefinishingmove has a reputation beyond repute

It's a stupid event anyway. Move it to Mallorca.
Match Point Novak needs to be immortalized in sculpture, like Michelangelo's David. I'm sure that once he's gone to tennis Valhalla, his statue will have his stones as the focal point of attention, and tennis fans will make a meccan-like pilgrimage at least once in their lifetime, in order to rub those lucky stones, like the budda's belly.
finishingmove is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #20
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

What an annoying clown this Dull. After being gifted a dream draw, and a choking clown in the final he still is not happy.

Roger & Pete - Offensive all-court genius. Nadull - Defensive pusher.

If Nadull had an argument for GOAT, it's that he got so far with no talent. It's like dragging a dying weasel across a long road. He gets there, but it's an ugly sight to behold. Nadull is a classless cheat, and a pretender.

Roger Federer(on Nadull): "He's one-dimensional, he always plays the same way."
Slade is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:28 AM   #21
country flag Schteta

Schteta is on a distinguished road

nahhhh! It´s like judging why they play RG on clay. It´s about the home town.

Only thing I dislike the event taking stage at London. London has Wimbledon and Queens some other city should get the YEC. Now the WTA is going Indonesia, maybe the guys can join them next year.
Schteta is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:33 AM   #22
country flag Ash86

Ash86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh86 has a reputation beyond repute

It hasn't always been indoor hard - in Houston it was Outdoor Hard. And in the 1970s it was mainly carpet but was also grass for one year. So this idea that there has never been deviation from indoor hard and it would go against tradition to do so, is wrong.

I agree with him - it's meant to be a tournament the top 8 fight all year to qualify on. Seems odd that they fight on a diversity of surfaces and then the event is always on the surface they least play on.
Ash86 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:42 AM   #23
country flag dencod16

dencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond reputedencod16 has a reputation beyond repute

This is why i cannot like this guy. What the hell is wrong with him, he is a bigger diva than Federer. It is unfair for people with big game that they trained for fast courts but have to play with clay 90% of the time, 3 slams are at clay.

They do realize that 80% of the events to the end is on indoor hard, which makes the YEC appropriate to be on indoor hard. Only 3 events aren't they are tokyo, beijing, and shanghai. The rest after US Open are indoor hard.

Last edited by dencod16 : 09-10-2013 at 06:45 AM.
dencod16 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:43 AM   #24
country flag nadalfan2013

nadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond reputenadalfan2013 has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Nadal, this tournament needs to be changed to random surfaces since its supposed to be a gathering of the best players of the year based on points on all surfaces.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
nadalfan2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:45 AM   #25
country flag Spain07

Spain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond reputeSpain07 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, delete every big tournament played on grass and indoor hard Who cares about them? Nadal winning on clay is sooo interesting.

Last edited by Spain07 : 09-10-2013 at 06:47 AM.
Spain07 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:50 AM   #26
country flag Fedalovic

Fedalovic has a reputation beyond reputeFedalovic has a reputation beyond reputeFedalovic has a reputation beyond reputeFedalovic has a reputation beyond reputeFedalovic has a reputation beyond reputeFedalovic has a reputation beyond reputeFedalovic has a reputation beyond reputeFedalovic has a reputation beyond reputeFedalovic has a reputation beyond reputeFedalovic has a reputation beyond reputeFedalovic has a reputation beyond repute

RG has always been clay, Wimbledon has always been grass, so should YEC be on indoor hard every year.
Fedalovic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #27
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spain07 View Post
Yeah, delete every big tournament played on grass and indoor hard Who cares about them? Nadal winning on clay is sooo interesting.
No, no, no. They needn't "delete every big event played on grass and indoor hard court". They merely need to find a way to inconspicuously sprinkle some magic red clay on the indoor hard courts as they have at Wimbledon. It's a matter of when, not if.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:52 AM   #28
country flag Albatoss

Albatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond reputeAlbatoss has a reputation beyond repute

Rafa wants every court to be clay. Too bad. If all the other tournaments can keep the same surface every year than so can the Masters Cup.

ATP- Wawrinka, Ferrer, Del Potro, Monfils, Federer, Dimitrov, Berdych, Seppi, Kohlschreiber, Raonic, Nishikori, Querry

WTA-Lisicki, Riske, Halep, Cibulkova, Mattek-Sands, Ivanovic
Albatoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #29
country flag Kat_YYZ
Registered Fed fan

Kat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond reputeKat_YYZ has a reputation beyond repute

He just won the U.S. Open, he's gonna do a million interviews... don't know why he has to complain tonight. I know he was asked but he could just deflect the question; players do it all the time.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:16 AM   #30
country flag kitasss_vlc

kitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond reputekitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond reputekitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond reputekitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond reputekitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond reputekitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond reputekitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond reputekitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond reputekitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond reputekitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond reputekitasss_vlc has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal haters: all disagree with him

Nadal fans: some agree, some disagree

Easy to see who cannot see beyond the first row they have in front of them...
kitasss_vlc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote