Nadal-Monfils (Live - Spoilers?) - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-11-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
country flag JustmeUK

JustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nadal-Monfils (Live - Spoilers?)

This one is turning out to be a real slugfest. Nadal has shown his quality in the few months but on this showing you'd have to say Monfils doesn't look outclassed. Actually he's hitting to all areas of the court against Nadal unlike Federer in their last match where it looked like he was targeting Nadal's BH side.

3-3 and Nadal has just saved 2 breakpoints and boy can these guys play points on clay. Angles and drop shots and great movement. Hopefully this is a classic in the making.

On this showing I'd say Monfils to be in the top 20 by the end of the year. Forget the current crop challenging Federer. These youngsters have the better chance of being that.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not a Rafa hater. I am, however, a RAFATARD hater and therefore take endless delight in each Rafa loss as it allows me to sock it hard to his tards. Do try and understand the difference (TARDS)! Don't get me started on Choke-ovic though. Him I do despise. And his TARDS are the lowest of the low .

Last edited by JustmeUK : 04-11-2005 at 04:57 PM.
JustmeUK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #2
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal-Monfils

Thanks for the summary. My TV is showing Coria-Mattieu taped. I'm not going ot get really upset about this, but I didn't know the order of play so I assumed this match was live and that Nadal's was over, so I went to check the scores... and I hate watching matches that I already know the result to.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:50 PM   #3
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

it's been a good fight so far. Gael has a divine first serve but he keeps having to dig himself out of holes of his own creation. and of course Rafa is fighting like a dog.

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)

Last edited by tennischick : 04-11-2005 at 05:40 PM.
tennischick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:57 PM   #4
country flag JustmeUK

JustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond reputeJustmeUK has a reputation beyond repute

yeah but that's the whole point with Rafa, he doesn't have the biggest weapons (though I think with time he'll learn to trust flattening his shots out and those can surely do some damage) but against him you know you're going to have to run all day as he's not going to quit. that more than anything distinguishes him for the top. can't see him doing a Safin/Ferrero really.

(apologies to Chloe if I inadvertantly spoiled it for her).

Contrary to popular belief, I am not a Rafa hater. I am, however, a RAFATARD hater and therefore take endless delight in each Rafa loss as it allows me to sock it hard to his tards. Do try and understand the difference (TARDS)! Don't get me started on Choke-ovic though. Him I do despise. And his TARDS are the lowest of the low .
Old 04-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #5
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal-Monfils (Live - Spoilers?)

I don't have it on TV, so there is nothing to spoil. Feel free to keep it up

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:58 PM   #6
tennischick

tennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond reputetennischick has a reputation beyond repute

Sweetie-Pie is up 2-0 in the 2nd. his first serve is helping him set up lovely points. he seems more focused now.

ANDY RODDICK: Motivation? No. I enjoy what I do. I enjoy what I do. You know, I've never been one to, you know, blow off practice or, you know, do anything like that.

You know, I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to practicing the next two days as opposed to playing here. That part is gonna suck...(2010 Aegon Championships)
Old 04-11-2005, 05:02 PM   #7
country flag JustmeUK

yeah but did u see how tired he looked on that point he lost to go 15-30 down. Nadal just broke straight back. still I hope this goes into a third!

someone really needs to tell Gael that when he's tired the shot of choice is NOT the drop shot.

Last edited by JustmeUK : 04-11-2005 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2005, 05:19 PM   #8
tennischick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustmeUK
yeah but did u see how tired he looked on that point he lost to go 15-30 down. Nadal just broke straight back. still I hope this goes into a third!

someone really needs to tell Gael that when he's tired the shot of choice is NOT the drop shot.
agree. his dropshots remind me of Agassi's. and they both get the same desperate look in their eyes when playing tehm.

Sweetie-pie has been panting since the third game of the first set. i still think he's the real deal. with that serve and forehand and a backhand that is less vulnerable than a whole lot of others i can name, he's gonna go go places. too bad he had to meet Rafa in the first round.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:24 PM   #9
country flag PaulieM

PaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond reputePaulieM has a reputation beyond repute

awww gael, wish i could watch this.

ROGER FEDERER

GROSJEAN, HENMAN, MOYA, CORIA

ANCIC, BLAKE, LJUBICIC, CLEMENT, SANTORO, BAGHDATIS, MONFILS

F-LO, DENT, PHM, MULLER, STEPANEK, PHILIPPOUSSIS

Co-Founder and Proud Member of M.A.S.H.A

"If you even dream of beating me, you'd better wake up and apologize."-Muhammad Ali

My Blog!
PaulieM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:27 PM   #10
country flag JustmeUK

Nadal in straights. Gael definitely has the shots especially on the forehand but he's still too raw. His strengths are serve and forehand of course. His backhand under pressure was off today (dunno what it's like normally) and he dumped quite a few into the net. Overall a comfortable win for Nadal and looking at his draw he's good for the quarters easily.

Old 04-11-2005, 05:39 PM   #11
country flag alexito
amo la nba

alexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond reputealexito has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations rafaaaaaaaaaa
alexito is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 05:40 PM   #12
tennischick

Sweetie-Pie fought like a man

congrats Rafa. but you had to fight!

Old 04-11-2005, 05:42 PM   #13
country flag Neely
-

Neely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond reputeNeely has a reputation beyond repute

well done, Nadal!!

Best of luck to all Germans : Nicolas Kiefer | Rainer Schüttler | Lars | Florian | Tommy
Neely is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 06:38 PM   #14
country flag Alvarillo

Alvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond reputeAlvarillo has a reputation beyond repute

vamos rafa!

RaFaeL NaDaL

RoBReDo - GGLóPeZ - GRaNoLLeRS - MoNTaŃéS - FeR ViCeNTe - aNDuJaR - FeLiCiaNo - IVáN NaVaRRo - DvD FeRReR - VeRDaSCo - BeTo MaRTíN - RaMiReZ-HiDaLGo - HeRNaNDeZ - GiMeNo-TRaVeR - NiCo ALMaGRo
Alvarillo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 07:09 PM   #15
country flag MariaV

MariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond reputeMariaV has a reputation beyond repute

Great match all in all. Great to watch 2 talented kids play. You could see how important this win was for both of them. Good for Rafa to come back from the 2 little laps he had. The best part of it was that I could see the whole match.
MariaV is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote