Hagelauer new DC coach - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 12-17-2002, 08:59 AM   #1
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Hagelauer new DC coach

Patrice Hagelauer devrait être nommé ce mardi entraîneur de l'équipe de France de Coupe Davis, en remplacement de Thierry Tulasne, néo-entraîneur personnel de Sébastien Grosjean.
Patrice Hagelauer connaît bien ce poste pour l'avoir occupé à diverses reprises, notamment en 1991 et 1996. Depuis 1999, il avait quitté la France pour s'occuper du tennis anglais.

I wanted Deniau,but Hagelauer is good as well.luckily it's not Pioline!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2002, 09:04 AM   #2
country flag Lindsayfan

Lindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond reputeLindsayfan has a reputation beyond repute

a question: did he quit his job at british federation?
Old 12-17-2002, 10:39 AM   #3
country flag Lindsayfan

yes he did!here an article from BBC.com

GB tennis chief quits

Patrice Hagelauer has resigned as performance director of the Lawn Tennis Association to become coach of France's Davis Cup team.
Hagelauer defended his four-year record at the LTA, where he was charged with turning round British tennis and finding a new generation of stars.

"I really do believe that the game is in a better position now than when I arrived here and I do believe Britain will achieve its ambition of becoming a world class tennis nation."

The Frenchman insisted his shock decision to leave was not based on any internal wrangling at the LTA.

"The opportunity to again be involved in the French Davis Cup team was too tempting for me to turn down," he said.

Hagelauer, 54, is said to be the overwhelming choice of captain Guy Forget and France's Davis Cup players to take over the running of the team.

The previous incumbent, Thierry Tulasne, has given up the post to work with French number one Sebastien Grosjean.

The Frenchman has held the Davis Cup post before, but will be given further duties that will make the position a full-time job.

GB wait on Rusedski
Hagelauer has generally been seen as a success in the tricky role of running British tennis and trying to find the successors to Tim Henman and Greg Rusedski.

He persuaded the LTA to place much greater emphasis on developing junior players.

He oversaw the introduction of the National Performance Programme and the establishment of four regional academies.

Last year, along with former GB Davis captain Paul Hutchins, he also established a network of more than 100 so-called 'Performance Clubs' with approved junior programmes.

"His legacy is one that we will build upon as we look to produce more players and better players," said LTA Chief Executive John Crowther.

Last edited by Lindsayfan : 12-17-2002 at 10:44 AM.
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 11:37 AM   #4
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

lol u talking to urself vale?

well congrats to Hagelauer, i guess! hope he's good for the team!
Old 12-17-2002, 12:08 PM   #5
country flag Lindsayfan

yes esther,as no one replied to my messages,i've answered my own question!
Old 12-17-2002, 12:39 PM   #6
country flag Lindsayfan

Quote:
Originally posted by esther
hope he's good for the team!
sure he is!he was coach for long time,from 91 to 98 if i remember correctly.he knows what to do... LOL
Old 12-17-2002, 05:06 PM   #7
Tryphon

Tryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond repute

And before that he was Yannick Noah's coach during many years.

Let's hope he will make a good team with Guy.

Unfortunately, Georges Deniau is retired even if he still comes to the DC ties as a supporter and TV consultant!
Tryphon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 05:06 PM   #8
Tryphon

Tryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond reputeTryphon has a reputation beyond repute

And of course, good luck to British tennis !
Old 12-17-2002, 05:25 PM   #9
country flag Lindsayfan

yes i met Deniau at RG,he was doing some interviews for french tv.i hoped he changed his mind and cameback with us,but as he doesnt..Hagelauer is probably the best choice.
good Luck to french team!
Old 12-18-2002, 12:57 AM   #10
country flag esther

esther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond reputeesther has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally posted by Lindsayfan
yes esther,as no one replied to my messages,i've answered my own question!
LOL
Old 12-18-2002, 04:08 PM   #11
country flag Lindsayfan

i thought Deniau didnt come with us cos he was retired..instead he's going to coach Swiss team!! I cant believe he did it!
Old 12-18-2002, 05:53 PM   #12
Tryphon

So he's back with the Swiss?

He was their captain in the past, wasn't he?
And he's going to be the coach? Then he could have stayed coach of the French team, that's right.
Marc Rosset is the Swiss new Captain, isn't he?

Maybe Deniau was interested to work with new players like Federer and Kratochvil but it's still a bit surprising as I thought he was retired for good.
Maybe he's seen enough of Guy... so many years as his coach and then working with him for the DC team...

By the way Val, I lke when you say "us" You're so involved with the French team!
If Guillaume Raoux becomes Michaël Llodra's coach, then you should apply for his job as Guy's assistant!
Old 12-18-2002, 07:38 PM   #13
country flag Lindsayfan

yes he was their captain long time ago,but last few years he worked with frenchies and i think it's pretty sad he chose them instead of us and yes I said "us" cos i'm half french now!
if Guy wants me as his assistant,i could do it for free..they dont need to pay me for that!

btw can u imagine a quarterfinal France vs Switzerland with Deniau on the other bench? so weird!

Last edited by Lindsayfan : 12-18-2002 at 08:51 PM.
Lindsayfan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote