Nico Massu Clay Season 05 - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-15-2005, 09:31 PM   #31
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico Massu Clay Season 05

The Houston Draw is out!!

Nico is seeded #4 and will play Antony Dupuis in the 1st round.

My question is, why did he choose a tourney in the States over Barcelona?
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2005, 09:33 PM   #32

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie

I read about Nico will go to Houston, will train with the players and if he feels good will play the tournament and will take the decision on Monday, not before
OK, so he could still pull out and give a LL spot to someone.
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 04-16-2005, 12:01 AM   #33
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

He picked Houston over Barcelona awhile ago because coming off an injury he thought it would be easier since in Barcelona there are all the clay court players, but in Houston, most of the players are hardcourt players - a bit easier competition. I think its a good strategy. Hopefully when he practices up there Saturday and Sunday, things will go well for him and he'll feel comfortable. The poor boy needs to play again...I'm just a bit (well a lot!) nervous for him right now...too many injuries for too many months. Sure he's nervous too!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 12:04 AM   #34
country flag +alonso

+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute+alonso has a reputation beyond repute

Vamos Nico
against Dupuis like in the AO
Old 04-16-2005, 01:05 AM   #35
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't the best draw for Nico, but would be good if he plays and wins some matchs

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 02:10 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
He picked Houston over Barcelona awhile ago because coming off an injury he thought it would be easier since in Barcelona there are all the clay court players, but in Houston, most of the players are hardcourt players - a bit easier competition. I think its a good strategy.
I think it's a very good strategy. I just don't like this tournament and wish that none of my favorites felt they had to play it (including Alex in Quallies).
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 04-16-2005, 04:07 PM   #37
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

Goes back to the Master Series event in Houston in 2003. He was just so annoying...so pro-American that it was making even Americans nauseated. When Roger beat Andre in the final, Mattress Mac ignored Roger, and only talked to Andre! People were amazed. I was embarrassed for our country. And that coming after the USO in 2003 where that director was too pro-American. Only had Andy and Andre practice on court in the few moments that there was no rain (that was the tournament were it rained for days). All the plyaers were complaining.

And Mattress Mac is much like his name. We don't want tennis to be elitist, but its another thing to have someone on these commercials selling discounts...come on down, get those discounts, etc.

I think after that Master Series in Houston in 2003, he got better because he realized he wouldn't get other players besides Americans to come. So it has gotten better.
Old 04-16-2005, 04:25 PM   #38
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

I really hate Mac! ... Thanks God the Master back to China this year

Old 04-16-2005, 04:42 PM   #39
country flag NicoFan

You and most people Fergie! He's embarrassing...

And yes, definitely happy its out of Houston, but not happy its in Shanghai.

The time difference - I'll be up all night watching, no sleep...lol!
Old 04-16-2005, 05:42 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobalt60
What is wrong with this tournament? I hear mattress mac is very good to the players and that it is fan friendly. I noticed on the website that they don't charge for qualy rounds and that parking is free on those days. Very different compared to other places.
Nicofan answered most of your question for me . Also it also goes to how the website is maintained. It's not one of the worst but it comes pretty damn close.

Also, the majority of tournaments qualifying rounds are admission free.

And McIngvale hasn't changed all that much if he thought the States would've beaten Croatia if the Tie was played there . He hasn't changed that much.
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 04-16-2005, 05:43 PM   #41

Quote:

The time difference - I'll be up all night watching, no sleep...lol!
Same here but it's worth the sacrifice to have the Masters Cup out of Houston.
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 04-16-2005, 05:58 PM   #42
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennis724
Same here but it's worth the sacrifice to have the Masters Cup out of Houston.
So true...so very very true...

And yes, most tournaments the qualifying are free. Even at the USO - which btw I bought my first week's tickets today - 8 days! - whoo hoo! - anyway I need to take out a small loan they are so expensive. But the qualifying and practice days are free. Which is miracle considering how they treat the fans there...
Old 04-16-2005, 11:39 PM   #43
country flag NicoFan

Oh my, I just checked out the web site for Houston. It is one of the worst. None of the links work. And there's no live ticker! Unless I missed it. I hope terra's ticker is working during Nico's match because at work livescore.com is blocked. This stinks... :-(
Old 04-17-2005, 12:00 AM   #44

I also called to get a score of a qualifying match and they tried to feed to me that matches had yet to be played. This was at nearly 4 PM Houston time . Then the lady goes on to tell me that they weren't given results yet. This is going to be a bad week for those of us following Houston more than Barcelona
GSTAAD - WINNER
Old 04-17-2005, 12:35 AM   #45
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Quote:
Oh my, I just checked out the web site for Houston. It is one of the worst. None of the links work. And there's no live ticker! Unless I missed it. I hope terra's ticker is working during Nico's match because at work livescore.com is blocked. This stinks... :-(
For sure Terra or Canal13 will have a livescore for Nico's matchs

p.s: NicoFan ... Do you like my avatar?

Last edited by Fergie : 04-17-2005 at 01:13 AM.