Nico Massu Clay Season 05 - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-13-2005, 03:15 PM   #16
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nico Massu Clay Season 05

Thanks for the info Fergie!

Keeping my fingers crossed for Houston but doubt it. And if he doesn't feel ready, best not for him to push it!
NicoFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2005, 05:31 PM   #17
country flag Tricky_Forehand

Tricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond reputeTricky_Forehand has a reputation beyond repute

Finally made my way over here

I can't remember ever not liking Nico so I can't pinpoint a year but I do know that I've liked watching him since his early years as a professional.

I'm not up to date on, what sounds like, a coaching change that most of you don't like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicofan
He has a terrible team surroudning him, because he refuses to speak to the press most of the time
I know that I may be in the minority but I like that. He's not obligated to speak to the press or to keep his supporters up to date on his physical condition. I know that it's frustrating because you only want to know but if he chooses to be private about it then that's his choice. If I knew that his management was forcing him to do press that he would rather not...I would be frustrated for him.

That said, I hope to be seeing Nico's name in Draws again soon. Not so sure that Houston would be the best tournament for him to come back though.
's-Hertogenbosch - 4th place
GSTAAD - WINNER
Tricky_Forehand is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:04 PM   #18
country flag NicoFan

NicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond reputeNicoFan has a reputation beyond repute

He is frustrated with the press because he doesn't think they get the story right half the time, and it really started back in early 2004 when they pressed (and I mean pressured) him daily because he was close to getting into the top ten but he just got so tight and couldn't do it.

And you're right that he shouldn't have to talk to the press. But as a fan...and he should like us fans, we're nice... ...I missed hearing about him, and really worry about him. So maybe his dad could give us updates now and again. I know he doesn't want to talk to the press because they ask him about things he doesn't want to answer, but Papa Massu is good with the press normally.

Personally, I would like an update everyday but I realize that I'm asking a lot. But once a week would be nice Won't ever happen though...
Old 04-14-2005, 01:06 AM   #19
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly the last time that Nico spoke with the press wasn't in the right way because he was angry and mad

Pain is only temporary but victory is forever
Fergie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 01:27 AM   #20
country flag NicoFan

Yeah, when he talked about Horacio.

He looked so adorable though...it was easy to forgive him...lol!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 07:03 PM   #21
country flag NicoFan

Fergie,

I've checked the online newspapers from Chile about 100 times this afternoon. No news on Nico's decision yet.

Have you heard anything?
Old 04-14-2005, 07:21 PM   #22
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Fergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond reputeFergie has a reputation beyond repute

No news yet

Old 04-14-2005, 07:32 PM   #23
country flag NicoFan

Fergie, thanks - wish there was some news - I have to leave for school in 1/2 hour.

And can I say - I cannot believe you have Roger as your avatar. Nice guy, great player, but you're a chilena! You need to have Nico or Fena as your avatar. Especially today when Fena played him....lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)
Old 04-14-2005, 08:09 PM   #24
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
Fergie, thanks - wish there was some news - I have to leave for school in 1/2 hour.

And can I say - I cannot believe you have Roger as your avatar. Nice guy, great player, but you're a chilena! You need to have Nico or Fena as your avatar. Especially today when Fena played him....lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

My previous avatar was Feńa and my first avatar here was Nico ... I change it all time, maybe my next avatar will have all my favs players

Last edited by Fergie : 04-14-2005 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 02:22 AM   #25
country flag NicoFan

Well, Nico will play in Houston.

At first I was happy, but then read that his doctor and fitness coach thinks he should wait another week.

Pato, however, thinks he should play Houston and Pato always seems to get his way. Of course, Nico's been injured for more months under Pato as his coach than he actually played, so that should tell you something.

From Radio Cooperativa.cl:

Nicolas Massú confirmed that will play again in the tournament of Houston after a meeting with his coaches, the tennis player number one of Chile decided to return al circuit of the ATP in the only contest on clay that is played in the United States.

After four months of inactivity for an injury in his ankle, Nicolas Massú (18ş ATP) will dispute again an official match the next week, when he return al circuit of the ATP in the tournament of Houston.

The number one of Chile decided after a meeting in which present the members of his coaching body been: his doctor Alejandro Orizola; his physical coach Carlos Cardemil; and his coach Patricio Rodriguez.

Despite that in opinion of Orizola and Cardemil was recommendable to expect a week more to return in Estoril (Portugal), finally predominated the to feel of Massú and of their coach, who they opted for travel to the American city for play the tournament that begins Monday 18 of April.

The reasons of the vińamarino and of his coach pass for "to test" the ankle and to begin to "to affirm it" with a view toward the subsequent commitments of the tennis player, that after Houston will undertake travel bound for Europe to continue with the season of clay, and that contemplates among others challenges the Masters Series of Rome and Hamburg, the Cup of the World of Düsseldorf and the traditional one Grand Slam of Roland Garros.

The Olympic champion will travel to United States next to his coach this Friday 15 of April at night, although the possibility exists of be not presented al tournament in the event that inconveniences in the prior training exist.

Massú has not play an official match since January 19 when by the second rounds of the Australia Open (before the German Phillipp Kohlschreiber) suffered a fracture by stress in the left foot, what impeded him to play for Cup Davis before Russia.

March 5, when the Chilean was prepared to play in Indian Wells suffered a tendonitis in the left ankle that again marginalized it of the circuit.

It recovered of the wounds Massú intended to play in Montecarlo, nevertheless, desisted of the idea to expect a week more. Al not to play in the Principality will lose 75 points in the System of Entrance, what a backward movement of 10 places will be worth him. (Cooperative.cl)
Old 04-15-2005, 02:39 AM   #26
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie

My previous avatar was Feńa and my first avatar here was Nico ... I change it all time, maybe my next avatar will have all my favs players
Having the multi-player avatar is cool... ... unfrotunately, I didn't know how to do it myself - someone on Fer Verdasco's forum did it for me. Its really cool...wish I knew how she did it...lol!

And Fergie, what is Nico thinking taking Pato's advice yet again???? Hasn't that sweet boy figured out yet that taking his present coach's advice isn't a good idea?

So very upset...I will just cry and cry if he gets injured again...
Old 04-15-2005, 12:56 PM   #27
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoFan
And Fergie, what is Nico thinking taking Pato's advice yet again???? Hasn't that sweet boy figured out yet that taking his present coach's advice isn't a good idea?
Sometimes Nico is so ...

I read about Nico will go to Houston, will train with the players and if he feels good will play the tournament and will take the decision on Monday, not before

Old 04-15-2005, 01:32 PM   #28
country flag NicoFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergie
Sometimes Nico is so ...

I read about Nico will go to Houston, will train with the players and if he feels good will play the tournament and will take the decision on Monday, not before

Yes, indeed, sometimes Nico is so...but we still adore him!!
Old 04-15-2005, 01:35 PM   #29
country flag Fergie
Miss Fabray

If I didn't love him I wouldn't spend my time suffering with his matchs and cheering for him week after week

But I just want to see Nico playing without a pain

Old 04-15-2005, 01:46 PM   #30
country flag NicoFan

Definitely love him!

And yes, I don't want to see our boy suffering any more. And besides being in physical pain, he's mentally having to deal with all of this. Enough of that. And I know he will be devastated if something else happens. (Me too...)

Hope he stays okay. Tennis is just not the same without him. Really miss him.