USTA Membership - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-07-2005, 03:58 PM   #1
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute
Default USTA Membership

Is this good value? I am now a member But because it was sehr cheap, I didn't really see what I get... Saw TENNIS magazine
Anyone members here?
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2005, 04:10 PM   #2
shaoyu

shaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond reputeshaoyu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USTA Membership

You have to be a member in order to play in USTA leagues, that's one of the greater values of being a USTA member.
shaoyu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:15 PM   #3
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

It's kind of a waste of money unless you are going to play in USTA leagues. You don't need to be a member to play the Pro Circuit. Did you sign up online or did you actually speak to someone?

@dougrobson - Whoever is supplying Mahut with hair gel needs to ink a sponsorship deal now.

@Wimbledon - FYI, with @Wimbledon live scoring devices, please add 50 to the games in the fifth set of the Isner v Mahut match.

@HolterMedia - Nice to see that a three-day test has come to tennis here @wimbledon.

Andy wearring Crocs, courtesy of Smitty8
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:18 PM   #4
country flag ktwtennis

ktwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond reputektwtennis has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a member, and like they said, you really just need it for leagues and tournaments at clubs...

Jesus answered and said to him[Nicodemus, a Pharisee],"Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again[of the Spirit/above], he cannot see the kingdom of God."--John 3:3

TRANSLATION---Good works CANNOT save you from hell! Turn your live to Jesus. He wants to develop a relationship with you today!

I will worship Jesus forever!

Go Monica and Guga!!
ktwtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:20 PM   #5
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
It's kind of a waste of money unless you are going to play in USTA leagues. You don't need to be a member to play the Pro Circuit. Did you sign up online or did you actually speak to someone?
That's not why I joined Fee, I already qualify to play Pro Circuit with my IPIN etc. I just wanted to join anyway-I did it online, yeah.
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 04-07-2005, 05:58 PM   #6
country flag Angle Queen
Mom 2 2 Beauties

Angle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond reputeAngle Queen has a reputation beyond repute

I play in a league...so I need it. And I do enjoy the magazine. The other nice (albeit) small benefit has to do with tickets for certain events. Members got first/early priority to buy DC Tie packages and we get a discount day at the Legg Mason (which is my only nearby tournament...and the "discount" is for a mid-week thing and is actually through my local "section"...which, however, I'm a member of by virture of my USTA membership and league fees).

In the grander scheme of things, I do think...hope...being a member...helps support the sport. I like to complain a lot about the USTA but I think their Welcome Center campaign is a step in the right direction. Lots more to be done though...
Old 04-07-2005, 07:00 PM   #7
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle Queen
I play in a league...so I need it. And I do enjoy the magazine. The other nice (albeit) small benefit has to do with tickets for certain events. Members got first/early priority to buy DC Tie packages and we get a discount day at the Legg Mason (which is my only nearby tournament...and the "discount" is for a mid-week thing and is actually through my local "section"...which, however, I'm a member of by virture of my USTA membership and league fees).

In the grander scheme of things, I do think...hope...being a member...helps support the sport. I like to complain a lot about the USTA but I think their Welcome Center campaign is a step in the right direction. Lots more to be done though...
Same here. I joined USTA for some of the leagues I am in, as well as a few of the small local tournaments I have been in. The discounts havent really been anything special, but yeah the cool thing was being able to get DC tickets early. I dont know, for me since I am under 18 and it only costs me 15 bucks, just the magazine is worth it. But yeah, anything to help promote tennis is fine by me.

superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 07:49 PM   #8
country flag Fee

Fee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond reputeFee has a reputation beyond repute

Since you signed up online you may get an email from them in the next few days. Not sure they do international memberships. Keep me posted.
Fee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 08:51 PM   #9
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
Since you signed up online you may get an email from them in the next few days. Not sure they do international memberships. Keep me posted.
I was thinking that too, Fee! But they offered the different country options on payment etc.

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 04-07-2005, 08:59 PM   #10
country flag tennisphan

tennisphan has a reputation beyond reputetennisphan has a reputation beyond reputetennisphan has a reputation beyond reputetennisphan has a reputation beyond reputetennisphan has a reputation beyond reputetennisphan has a reputation beyond reputetennisphan has a reputation beyond reputetennisphan has a reputation beyond reputetennisphan has a reputation beyond reputetennisphan has a reputation beyond reputetennisphan has a reputation beyond repute

US Open presale
US Open ticket upgrades

are the only things I have ever used it for
tennisphan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #11
country flag aceit

aceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond reputeaceit has a reputation beyond repute

I've been signed up since I was about 10 and I have a lifetime membership.

I absoultly love getting the magazines every month and luckily I'll always continue to keep getting them. But the main reason I signed up was to play tournaments so it's 100% worth it personally.

The only benefits I can think about are USO related.
Old 05-18-2005, 08:19 PM   #12
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fee
My card etc. finally arrived today-it says I'm an international member on it. Yay

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 05-18-2005, 08:26 PM   #13
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae wowww
My card etc. finally arrived today-it says I'm an international member on it. Yay
What other goodies did you get aewow?
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 09:28 PM   #14
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Lol I don't know, yet! But presumably the same as 'the others'!

Jim Thomas Official Site

Old 05-18-2005, 09:28 PM   #15
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh you said some stuff arrived but nothing any good?
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote