Mardy Fish, Yum - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 11-10-2003, 04:37 PM   #16
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mardy Fish, Yum

Yep, Mardy's season is officially over. He'll be doing a few charity events during the off-season but nothing else for him.

His site is great - they update a lot. www.mardytennis.com - nice pics from his win in Stockholm too

Mardy is amazing. I, too, noticed him in Cincy and even though I was rooting for Andy I became a 100% instant fan of Mardy's.

His website's message board is a really nice place, not too many people there so it's not crazy hectic, and supposedly Mardy himself started posting. He just seems totally cool like just a normal guy.

Plus his game is sooo fluid, I can't wait to see more of his tennis, for sure! He definitely has top 10 and GS winning potential, hopefully he'll realize that soon.
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2003, 06:49 PM   #17
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute
Post Fishnugget article!

TCPalm

http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/tennis/art...478955,00.html

By Steve Megargee staff writer
December 5, 2003

VERO BEACH -- Mardy Fish raised a few eyebrows this time last year when he talked about how he planned to finish 2003 as one of the world's top 50 tennis players.

It turns out the former Vero Beach resident set his sights too low.

Fish spent the next 12 months earning his first ATP Tour event championship, reaching three other finals and winning a critical Davis Cup match. By the time the best season of his pro career had ended, Fish was ranked 20th in the world.

Now he has to figure out what to do for an encore.

"Right around Nottingham (where he lost in the final this summer), everything started moving really quickly," Fish said Wednesday. "Everything just started clicking. I really can't pinpoint how it all happened."

Fish looked back on his remarkable year after completing an exhibition at Sea Oaks with former Vero Beach High School teammate Robert Kowalczyk and fellow touring pros Robby Ginepri and Robert Kendrick.

The exhibition benefited Adopt-a-Family, an organization that provides Christmas gifts, clothing, school supplies and groceries for 75 needy local families. This marked the second year Fish held an exhibition at Sea Oaks to raise money for this charity.

"I was born in Minnesota and I live in Tampa now," said Fish, "but this is where I'm from."

Maybe so, but his name's much more well known all over the world now thanks to his breakthrough season.

Fish, who entered the year ranked 85th in the world, has enjoyed his success.

He got front-row tickets to an Orlando Magic game for his father. He recently attended a Dave Matthews Band concert and spoke backstage with violinist Boyd Tinsley, who happens to be a tennis fan.

But the highlight of his year came in September when he helped the United States stay in the top tier of the Davis Cup. After Andy Roddick lost to Dominik Hrbaty in the first match of a series with Slovakia, Fish rallied to beat Karol Kucera 4-6, 7-5, 7-5, 6-1.

Fish's win proved to be the margin of victory as the U.S. team edged Slovakia 3-2. Fish considered that victory even more important than winning the Stockholm Open in October.

"There's a different level of pressure when you're playing for your country," Fish said.

Fish, who turns 22 on Tuesday, now is looking to build on the momentum he established this year. The first step is getting beyond the third round of a Grand Slam event.

Fish squandered a two-set lead to Wayne Ferreira in the third round of the 2003 Australian Open and lost to eventual champion Roger Federer in the third round of Wimbledon. He lost in the second round of the U.S. Open and in the opening round of the French Open.

The good news for Fish is that he should be seeded in next year's Grand Slam events as long as his ranking doesn't drop.

Fish also would like to help the United States capture the Davis Cup, earn $1 million in prize money and finish the 2004 season ranked in the top 10. Those are pretty ambitious goals, but Fish has been asked why he doesn't aim even higher.

"A friend of mine said that all the goals I set last year, I accomplished," Fish said. "So she said, 'Why don't you just say you want to finish No. 1?' Who knows what might happen? But finishing in the top 10 would be a huge accomplishment for me."
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 05:37 PM   #18
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

yes mardy fish is so hot and im so goin to meet him this year

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 05:42 PM   #19

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

hi guys, i don't suppse anyon could help me with my avatar thingie plz because my picture is too big but i don't know how to make it smaller

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Old 03-28-2004, 05:42 PM   #20
country flag Kiara

Kiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond repute

wow a Mardy fan from England how incredibly cool! nice to meet you Mardyfishfan
Kiara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:20 PM   #21

hi !!!
i'm siobhan nice to meet u too
i don't suppose you would be able to help me with my avatar if you have time?
i'd be very grateful

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Old 03-28-2004, 07:28 PM   #22
country flag Kiara

Kiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond reputeKiara has a reputation beyond repute

sure, no problem, which pic do you wanna use?
Kiara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 07:57 PM   #23
country flag Maia

Maia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi siobhan!! I suppose you're the same siobhan from Mardy's board....
I actually just joined this recently too, and it's nice to see a familiar name
Maia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2004, 08:30 PM   #24
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Everyone should be sure to head over to the "Bugs and problems" forum and sign that you want Mardy to get his own forum!

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 04:28 PM   #25

hi tangerine_dream nice to meet you

Thanks kiara, i would like a mardy pic i have, can i send it to you via email so you can make it smaller?

Maia, yup i'm the same siobhan, nice to see you on here

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Old 03-29-2004, 07:47 PM   #26

by the way guys, mardy got picked for the USA davis cup team

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Old 04-08-2004, 06:01 PM   #27

and hes playin this weekend!
mardy v jonas on fri
mardy v thomas e on sun

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson
Old 04-08-2004, 08:04 PM   #28
country flag andyroxmysox12191

andyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond reputeandyroxmysox12191 has a reputation beyond repute

just like someone on this board i think it was tangy, i noticed him in Cincy against andy. completely fell in love with him after that
Old 04-10-2004, 02:48 PM   #29
country flag Maia

Maia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond reputeMaia has a reputation beyond repute

same thing here, I saw the match on tv, and it was first time I even heard the name Mardy Fish. he looked really gorgeous in that match, and played pretty good too.
Maia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 06:42 PM   #30

i was up late watching that match and i remembered seeing him lose to greg and thought nothing of him as i was drooling over greg but then at cinci i was like whoa hes nice! and a fan ever since

Dmitry Tursunov

[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
Thomas Johansson