The Captain Obvious Thread. - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #76
heya
Banned!

heya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond reputeheya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Captain Obvious Thread.

Morons repeat the same garbage about Andy's serve & supposed lack of ability without serving at a high percentage. Apparently, Brad/Luke Jensen/ESPN gang think he's only good to promote American tennis & has no real future.
They must've missed the boat when Andy was in bad shape & unhappy.

I can't believe that Andy's mother talked about how wonderful Brad was.
um, I don't expect much from LOSER BRAD, someone who regularly lost 6-0 ON ALL SURFACES. Brad should coach Hewitt & Ginepri.
heya is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #77
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 01:48 PM   #78
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

oh Brad. STFU.
---------------
5.5.2005 -

In all of my years of tennis I’ve never heard of a guy doing what Andy did leading 5-3 in the second set having triple match point when Verdasco doubled on the first match point. The line judge called the ball out but Andy said the ball was in, and after checking the mark he rubbed it out with his foot. So instead of being on his way to the locker room Verdasco gets an ace instead of a handshake. Verdasco then saved two more match points, held serve, and broke Andy to even it at 5-5. Verdasco breaks to open the third set and closes the out the match 6-4 in the third. This is one of those loses that could haunt him for awhile. I expect Verdasco to get rolled by Coria in tomorrows quarterfinal.

Andre put in another workman like performance getting revenge on Ljubicic for the Davis Cup fiasco. Next up for AA is the dominator, who is no slouch on clay having reached the semis of Roland Garros in 1999. I expect Andre to get through to the semis where he will have a real test in the form of Coria. At the end of the day they’re all playing for 2nd place, as there will be no stopping Nadal from hoisting his second Master Series shield.

Injuries still seem to be the biggest story on the WTA tour. Clijsters had four match points, but rolled her ankle before she could get it done. Maria seems to be the only who can stay healthy, if she wins Berlin she will become the first Russian woman to hold the No.1 ranking. Speaking of Russian women; Myskina, who last year flew under the radar, has now become a prized scalping. She’s lost a ton of confidence and may soon find out that you can go from 3 to 30 in no time.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 03:11 PM   #79
country flag tangerine_dream
Last dance, Andy

tangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond reputetangerine_dream has a reputation beyond repute

Good deeds will not go unpunished.
"What kind of shape am I in now? Well round is a shape." said Roddick with a laugh. "I had a very detailed retirement plan, and I feel like I've met every aspect of it: a lot of golf, a lot of carbs, a lot of fried food, and some booze, occasionally — I've been completely committed ... The results have shown."

Mugs Tennis Forums
tangerine_dream is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 04:24 PM   #80
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Injuries still seem to be the biggest story on the WTA tour
I missed this, Captain
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 05:37 PM   #81
country flag *M*

*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute*M* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
oh Brad. STFU.

That should be the name of his next book.
*M* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:50 PM   #82
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

your little girl's birthday and you have multi gazillions of dollars and you take her to Outback? Geez Brad
---------------------------
5.6.2005 -

Again Verdasco had his usual let down after a big win. He needs to clean up his errors and become a poor mans Nadal if he has any hope of cracking the top ten. Nadal dropped the first set today but then rolled Stapanek 1 and 1. He has Ferrer in the semis and has crushed him in their last few meetings and I expect nothing less than the same tomorrow. I believe that the Wrecking Ball is going to become the first guy since Lendl to post a 100 wins in one season. If I’m not mistaken Connors is the only other guy to have achieved this amazing feat. This is the kind of record that only a player in his teens or early 20’s can pull off.

The final will either be a rematch of Monte-Carlo or a brawl between Andre and the kid. The only W Coria has over Andre is on clay. Expect to see him going to the drop shot often. After last years poor clay court showing many people thought that they would never see Andre again, he has silenced those critics this week.

Mad props to Henin-Hardenne, who has found her game Justine-time for Roland Garros. She beat Maria easily and should have no trouble winning her second consecutive title this week. Everybody had been keeping her seat warm and now she’s ready to pull her chair up to the table.

Happy Birthday to my little girl Zoe Gilbert who turns eight today! You can bet that the Gilbert’s will be at the Outback Steak House celebrating this evening.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 05-07-2005, 02:54 PM   #83
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

lol.....what's the outback??

maybe she likes it there
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 02:55 PM   #84
country flag Deboogle!.

it's a nationwide chain of like nice steakhouses http://www.outback.com/ . It's a nice restaurant with real good food.. but... it's just a very Brad thing to say lol. I dunno, when I saw that I just laughed, and I'm not really sure why

Zoe's a cutie, though, she looks like her mom

Old 05-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #85
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute

we have a branch here. just ONE....... never been there. though i think i've seen it.
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 03:31 PM   #86
country flag Carito_90

Carito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond reputeCarito_90 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mad props to Henin-Hardenne, who has found her game Justine-time for Roland Garros.
OH MY GOD. Lamest joke ever. Dontcha dare try it again, EVER, captain.
Carito_90 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 10:47 PM   #87
country flag Chloe le Bopper

Chloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond reputeChloe le Bopper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I believe that the Wrecking Ball is going to become the first guy since Lendl to post a 100 wins in one season.
Oh Brad... no. Just no. Seeing as he's "only" won about 40 this year so far, I think it's safe to say that this wont' be happening this year. Or uh, any year. 80 wins? Possibly. 100? Definitely not.

Chocking makes me sad.
Chloe le Bopper is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 02:33 AM   #88
country flag Deboogle!.

Thank goodness, I was starting to think CaptainObviousBrad was neglecting us.

5.11.2005 -

The nasty weather in Hamburg played a big role in making it a tough week for the Americans. I was there with Andre (before they had the roof) in 95 and 01 and I froze my butt off in the stands. Nadal did the real veteran move by taking this week off. With each match Coria is looking to be back to his old clay court form. Juan Carlos Ferrero is rounding nicely into solid form and the kid Richard Gasquet played his way through the qualies for his third straight Master Series tournament. How about not so tiny Tim Henman on the clay? I can’t think of many guys with his style of play improving on clay as they got older; that is truly a feat of clay. That said, the only guys I see with a legitimate shot at winning Roland Garros are Nadal, Gaudio, JCF, Coria, and Federer. (nice way to go out on a limb with that group of guys! )

Old 05-12-2005, 04:05 AM   #89
country flag jole

jole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond reputejole has a reputation beyond repute

Not so tiny Tim Henman, I like it. Hopefully he'll refer to Timbleton come the June updates.
jole is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 04:06 AM   #90
country flag Deboogle!.

I'll cry if he doesn't.

Welcome