The Captain Obvious Thread. - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 06-01-2005, 01:13 PM   #151
country flag PennyThePenguin
Scavenger Hunter

PennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond reputePennyThePenguin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Captain Obvious Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
Really, Brad? Tell me, what kind of guys with THREE wheels have you seen????
erm....trishaw? tricycle?
PennyThePenguin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2005, 05:54 PM   #152
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

Tytta!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:46 AM   #153
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

6.1.2005 -

Today offense beat defense as Mariano “the pit bull” Puerta slammed the door on Willy Canas. Before this week most tennis fans wouldn’t have been able to pick Puerta out of a line up, as this guy’s bio is not even listed in the ATP media guide. The Argentinean lefty is basically a poor mans Nadal and is going to take Davydenko out to the woodshed on Friday. Speaking of Nicky “D”, his match today against Tommy Robredo was perhaps the most boring quarterfinal in a grand slam that I’ve ever seen; 163 unforced errors between the two of them. I had to slap myself in face to stay awake at the end of the 4th set. That won’t be the case between Nadal and Federer. The best combined offensive and defensive players in the world are so evenly matched that the early on odds are an even spread.

Of the 4 women’s semifinalist only Henin-Hardenne has won a tournament this year. She and Pierce will win in straight sets tomorrow. You gotta love Henin-Hardenne’s chances of leaving Paris with a 24 match win streak.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:48 AM   #154
country flag snaillyyy
rainha (:

snaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond reputesnaillyyy has a reputation beyond repute

OH Brad, dont slap yourself, please let ME do it for you!!!

snaillyyy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 04:24 AM   #155
country flag guida

guida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carly
OH Brad, dont slap yourself, please let ME do it for you!!!
I'll help you!
guida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 03:30 PM   #156
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Tytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond reputeTytta!. has a reputation beyond repute

I wanna help as well
Old 06-04-2005, 05:22 AM   #157
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

just

6.3.2005 -

I had to pinch myself watching the match today. Now Federer knows that he has to raise his own level. I’m telling you Nadal is the shot in the arm that tennis needed and he’s got the pipes to back it up. He’s playing in rarified air and I believe will become the first guy since Andre to win both Roland Garros and Wimbledon and I see this happening in the next five years. I also predict that he will win 7 to 10 slams in his career and become the first Spaniard in ages to win a slam outside of Paris. He’s playing amazing O and can bring the D when he needs it. He's got the walk and moxie of a champion. He even looks good in his clam diggers outfit. He’s gonna put the woodshed on Puerta.

As far as Mary Pierce is concerned, mad props have to be given to Nick Bollettieri for installing the confidence that was missing from Mary’s game the last few years. I called him not too long ago to ask him about Z-man and he went of on the rant about how Mary was in great shape and how she is still one of the best ball strikers that he’s ever seen. By the end of the call I was totally jazzed up about Mary. I’m pulling for her tomorrow and think she can win it in 2.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 06-04-2005, 05:38 AM   #158
country flag surfpinky

surfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond reputesurfpinky has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder what his son thinks of the "Z-man" thing
"...but the fact remains he can move faster than Severus Snape confronted with shampoo when he wants to..."
surfpinky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 01:15 PM   #159
country flag Tytta!.
(:

Oh, Brad
Old 06-04-2005, 01:17 PM   #160
country flag BelgianWaffle

BelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond reputeBelgianWaffle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debstah
By the end of the call I was totally jazzed up about Mary. I’m pulling for her tomorrow and think she can win it in 2.
LMAO! Oh Brad, tsk tsk tsk
BelgianWaffle is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:55 PM   #161
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianWaffle
LMAO! Oh Brad, tsk tsk tsk
Yeah, maybe he meant she'd lose badly in straights as she's down 1-6 0-3 as I write this LMAO

Old 06-04-2005, 04:12 PM   #162
country flag guida

guida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond reputeguida has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeah, another brilliant prediction from Brad.
guida is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 05:27 PM   #163
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute

he was right about the 2 straight sets...wrong player though
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 03:20 AM   #164
country flag Deboogle!.

6.7.2005 -

You know how every once in a while you go to a big movie that doesn’t live up to its hype; The Roland Garros final went above the hype. For me the Nadal/ Puerta was the best match of the tournament. Puerta didn’t play like it was his first time in a Grand Slam final. He was a bit unlucky at 5-4 in the fourth with four set points. If it would have gone 5 I still would have pushed all my chips forward. For a guy Nadal's age it’s amazing how well he plays the key points in big matches. If he would have grown up in the U.S. he would have been a 2000 yard rusher in the NFL.(did he not say almost the IDENTICAL thing about Marat during RG??????) He has the same star-like quality that both the young Borg and Agassi possessed. His on-court poise and presence are well beyond his years and he plays with an intensity and maturity that allows him to make the right choices during big matches. Off the court he’s a very nice and likeable kid. My wife said it best “He’s like a puppy; I want to hug him and take him home with me.” (well this explains an awful lot)

Who would have believed at the end of year that the first guy in 20 years might actually win 100 matches? 2005 started with the big 4. Now Federer and Nadal have created their own echelon. (Oh, ok.)

Old 06-08-2005, 03:23 AM   #165
country flag Jennay

Jennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond reputeJennay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by My hero
(Oh, ok.)
I love you.
Jennay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote