This will be the first official version of this new game.
The object of THE game is to make bets for things happening in the tournament, and by the end of the tournament see who is the most successful better. If there is enough interest, THE game will get a ranking. Ranking points for a tournament will follow the same structure as that used in FITD but there will also be a “total lost/won for the year” acting as tiebreaker in case of equal points.
- Each person starts off with $500 (not real money)
- The player will himself/herself find the betting options he/she wants to use, online. This site offers many alternatives:
but if you find another one, no problem. Just give the name of the bookie in paranthesis after your bet for clarity.
- Each person can bet however much they want within the amount they have. They can also make any type of bet (match winner, tournament winner, number of sets, it's all good!) just avoid bets that are time-consuming for the manager to establish the outcome for (like number of breaks or aces). Also avoid betting on direct opposites. If you bet on Nadal to beat Berdych you can’t also bet on Berdych to beat Nadal. This would otherwise be a way of avoiding the activity obligation mentioned later.
- Example of a bet: $10 on Pospisil to beat Isner @2.20 (Betfair). Make sure to put who the player is playing!
You can post bets using decimal (2.20) or fractional (6/5) odds, but no other variations.
- Each time someone bets, they will make a new post. Every bet is binding, you can’t go back on it later, as would otherwise be tempting if odds lengthen on your pick. You are yourself responsible for selecting the best time to bet. You are free to do so once odds can be found, it doesn’t matter if the match will not be played for another day or two.
- You must bet all of the $500 in the first four days. After Thursday you will get a cashier’s credit of $100 meaning you could end up on -$100 if you lose everything. After Thursday you also get a new obligation to bet another $500 or your new total, whichever is smaller. Any amount not so bet will be forfeited.
- All bets must be placed before the start of the first match that day.
- Anything bet on must be completed to count towards winnings/losses. In other words, a match ending 6-3, 2-1 ret. will count if your bet was for the first set to end 6-3, but not if your bet was for the winner of the match.
However, any bet on a later forfeited/retired match will count towards your obligation to wager the full $500.
If you have comments about the rules or other suggestions, feel free to post them here: