You know you're from...when you... - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-03-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default You know you're from...when you...

http://www.blogthings.com/wherefrom.html
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #2
country flag Sandra

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you're from...when you...

You Know You're Romanian When...

You grew up on liver sandwiches.... and thought that was normal.

You make your own noodles.

You had to share a room until you were 21.

Everything you eat is savored in garlic and onions.

You try and reuse gift wrappers, gift boxes, and of course aluminum foil.

You are standing next to the two largest suitcases at the airport.

You arrive one or two hours late to a party - and think its normal.

All your children have nick names, which sound nowhere close to their real names.

You know someone with 20 kids

You talk for an hour at the front door when leaving someone's house.

You can fit 10 people into a Dacia.

Your parents never throw anything away and if you by some chance manage to get something to make it to the garbage can... it mysteriously appears back where it was again.

You have lace curtains.

You have lace tablecloths.

You have rugs covering every inch of your house.

You have or had rugs on your walls.

Your mom tells you you're too skinny even though your 30 pounds overweight.

You ever heard of 'stomach stew'.

Girls cant have boyfriends when they are 17 but they have to be married at 18.

You have curtains hanging across every doorway.

Your parents tell you not to care what your friends think but they won't let you do certain things because of what other 'frati' and 'surori' will think.

You know someone that married his girlfriend of 2 months.

Your mom is a doctor and force feeds you medicine for anything ranging from a headache, stomach ache to a stubbed toe.

Your house is full of Romanian medicine that is probably illegal here.

You and your friends have ever been kicked out of a restaurant or recreational park for being too loud or rowdy.

Your mom recycles plastic cups and paper plates, and sandwich bags by washing them.

You dont know how to use a dishwasher.

You have a vinyl tablecloth on your kitchen table.

You use grocery bags to hold garbage.

Your dad ever butchered a pig or lamb.

You keep leftover food in your fridge in as many numbers of bowls as possible.

Your kitchen shelf is full of jam jars, varieties of bowls and plastic utensils (Got free with some household items).

Going to the movies is a sin.

Your parents call you farm animals when you get them mad.

Your mom ever chased you with a rolling pin or a broom telling you to stop so that she could hit you.

Your dad ever told you to smack yourself over the mouth for being disrespectful.

You're twenty years old and your parents are trying to send you to Romoville to get you married cause your old.

Getting married at 18 is normal.

Getting married at 16 actually happens.

Your mom washes your clothing at 40.

A new tax being passed by the government is simply a cover up because the end of the world is really coming.

Asking if you can get a discount at a discount store on clearance items is normal and not embarrassing for your parents.

You don't use measuring cups when cooking.

You feel like you've gotten a good deal if you didn't pay tax.

You can only travel if there are 5 persons at least to see you off or receive you whether you are traveling by bus, train or plane.

You only make long distance calls after 11 p.m.

If you don't live at home, when your parents call, they ask if you've eaten, even if it's midnight.

When your parents meet strangers and talk for a few minutes, you discover you're talking to a distant cousin.

Your parents don't realize phone connections to foreign countries have improved in the last two decades, and still scream at the top of their lungs when making foreign calls.

You have bed sheets on your sofas so as to keep them away from getting dirty.

It's "normal" if your wedding has 600 people.

You dont know half the people at your wedding cuz your parents invited them.

You've seen the ground while inside the lavatory of a train.

You have mastered the art of bargaining in grocery shopping.

You walk out of the grocery store with no less then two packed shopping carts weekly.

You're proud to be Romanian - and you pass these jokes on to all your Romanian friends!
Old 04-03-2005, 06:44 PM   #3
country flag sigmagirl91
Miss Thang

sigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond reputesigmagirl91 has a reputation beyond repute

You Know You're From Kentucky When...
No matter how much you think you talk normally, when you head up North they all think you talk like a redneck

Your English teacher says things like "Y'all" and "Ain't Got None"

The best restaurant in town is the Cracker Barrel

No matter how bad UK's basketball team is, you still belive they'll pull it off and make it to the Final 4

You still believe the South should be it's own nation

You believe the Civil War was not a far fight

It's not an uncommon site to see a fat man in overalls and a cowboy hat drivin' down the road in a beat up Chevy with a confederate flag hangin' off the back with music from Johhny Rebel blastin' out of his radio

Biscuits, gravy, and grits is your favorite breakfast

Wakin' up with coons and squirrels on your back porch is not an uncommon thing

To you, huntin' aint killin', its sorta like grocery shoppin'

You own at least 10 country or southern rock cd's

You only own a pair of church shoes and winter shoes

In the summer you don't wear shoes

Even your grandmother chews tobacco

You consider the northern part of the country "The Union"

A rebel flag doesn't simbolize racism to you

Your church parking lot is filled with pickups

The first words out of your mouth every time you see friends are "Howdy!", "HEY!" or "How Y'all Doin'?"

You actually know who Toby Keith, Brooks& Dunn, Keith Urban, Montgomery Gentry, Tim McGraw, Kenny Chesney, Garth Brooks, and George Straight are.

A carbonated soft drink is a COKE, regardless of brand or flavor.

You refer to Louisville as "The Ville."

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Kentucky.

And all of this is the truth....
Old 04-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #4
country flag Corinna

Corinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond reputeCorinna has a reputation beyond repute

there's nothing for germany
Old 04-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #5
country flag Sandra

There should be
Old 04-03-2005, 08:38 PM   #6
country flag Wednesday Addams

Wednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond reputeWednesday Addams has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx, Sandra.
Most of those things are really true, but some aren't.
Old 04-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
country flag zoltan83

zoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing for belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli_V View Post
Nicoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!, you rule
zoltan83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:36 AM   #8
country flag NATAS81

NATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond reputeNATAS81 has a reputation beyond repute

Whatever it says for Florida. I refuse to bog down the thread with 10,000 lines more.

Yes, I own flipflops. Man, you quiz makers are too good for me!
NATAS81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:51 AM   #9
country flag liptea

liptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond reputeliptea has a reputation beyond repute

OK, so I thought I'd do South Carolina, but seriously, SC is the most boring place on the planet. The most memorable thing we ever did was start the Civil War.

Being Indian is cooler:
"You want a stereo! When I was your age, I didn't even have shoes!" ( My dad says this)

Your dad still pulls his socks up to his knees, you know, the ones with the blue and pink stripes at the top. (except that my dad wears Christmas colored socks year-round because they come on sale after Christmas.)

Your relatives alone could populate a small city. (Fo sho. My dad has 10 brothers and sisters.)

You say you hate Indian films but secretly watch them with your parents. (yes.)
You are sick and tired of answering questions about "the dot" (fo sho. I just tell people that my mom says that I don't get birthday gifts if I don't wear it.)

The second you pull out of someone's driveway, your parents start talking...about them. (best way to get gossip is to pretend to be cleaning and just listen instead. )

liptea is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:05 AM   #10
country flag Kristen
MTF. Never changes!

Kristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond reputeKristen has a reputation beyond repute

OMG these are so true!
You make over $100,000 AU and still can't afford a house.

You never bother looking at the train timetable because you know the drivers have never seen it.

You contemplate calling a taxi from your home to where you managed to park the car the night before. yes!!!!

You spend 30 minutes in a traffic jam next to a car with more power to its speakers than its wheels. George Street/Darling Harbour. oonce oonce!

You know everyone's e-mail and mobile number but not their last name or home address.

You can't remember....is dope illegal?

A man in full leather regalia and crotchless chaps gets on the bus. You don't notice. Gotta love oxford st!

You are genuinely surprised when you meet someone who was actually born in Sydney (but then, they are Swiss/Thai/Brazilian). I'm from Perth!

You take a bus and are shocked at 2 people carrying on a conversation in English.

You think any guy with a George Clooney haircut must be visiting from the North Shore.

You know that any woman with a George Clooney haircut is not a tourist.

You couldn't figure out how to drive to Sydney Tower if your life depended on it.

You go out each Saturday for breakfast and the paper...at 3pm.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Sydney.
Kristen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:28 AM   #11
country flag J. Corwin
psychotic banana

J. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond reputeJ. Corwin has a reputation beyond repute

Some of them that I think apply to Bay Area peeps:

You Know You're From the Bay Area (California) When...

You get the same off-color email joke from 17 people in the same hour, and one of them is your wife. It's true...except the wife part

Almost all of the companies featured on your resume are no longer in business. This is actually true around this area, not that they are on my resume...

You make $120,000 a year, yet still can't find a place to live. Exorbitant prices here, it's crazy

Your commute time is 45 minutes and you live 8 miles away. Edge cities, commuter traffic...yup

You live an hour or more from the office so that you can afford a larger house.

You stop asking how much things cost, but instead ask "how long will it take?"

You know vast differences difference between Thai, Vietnemese, Chinese, Japanese, Cantonese, and Korean food.

Your home computer contains mostly hardware/software that is not on the consumer market yet.

You go to "The City" on weekends but don't live there because you like your car. This is embarrassingly true

You know that 280 North goes west and that 680 North goes east. Go on it often

It rained ... and the spiders came in ... and the ants came in ... and the mice came in. Those lil bastards need to scram

None of the people you work with are bible thumpers.

Your workplace vending machines dispense "100% natural twig-bars" right next to Jolt cola and Instant Espresso mix.

No one brings radios to work because they listen to RealAudio.

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from the Bay Area.

"For seven and a half years I've worked alongside President Reagan. We've had triumphs. Made some mistakes. We've had some sex...uh...setbacks."
George H.W. Bush, 1988

"I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family."
George W. Bush, 2000

15.5 - 40.5 ... 2,1,1 demolition job
(fan club spots are still open! )

Last edited by 1jackson2001 : 04-04-2005 at 06:34 AM.
J. Corwin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:05 AM   #12
country flag SuperFurryAnimal

SuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond reputeSuperFurryAnimal has a reputation beyond repute

Dutch is not there...

Member of the Mohamed Lahyani Appreciation Society

Visit AZ FANPAGE
SuperFurryAnimal is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #13
country flag Sandra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wednesday Addams
Thanx, Sandra.
Most of those things are really true, but some aren't.
I dont really like to many of the list..
Old 04-04-2005, 11:12 AM   #14
country flag Iza

Iza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond reputeIza has a reputation beyond repute

I think some of the list bout Romania are freaky and untrue but some are true
Originally Posted by El Mundo
Sergio Ramos joined in the fun, proving he can do anything; he shines as a centre back, as a right back and as a striker.
My pink ego box
Iza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:06 PM   #15
country flag Canuck_Chick

Canuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond reputeCanuck_Chick has a reputation beyond repute

here are the ones that are true for toronto:

A really great parking spot can move you to tears.

You make well over $100,000 and you still can't find a nice place to live.

You've had at least 3 bicycles stolen in the past 10 years. (i don't know why that happens so much here...my brother's bike has been stolen like 4 times)

At least 3 of your friends have moved to Vancouver (2 actually....but close enough)

You turn your nose up at any establishment frequented by the S&M crowd. (Scarborough and Mississauga)

You never, never, never swim in the lake (never ever)

You ever had a birthday party at the Organ Grinder or The Mad Hatter (mad hatter was pretty good)

You laugh heartily at people who refer to highway four hundred and one.

You know the difference between souvlaki, moussaka and spanakoptia.

You can name at least three locations of The Beer Store that are open till 11 PM. (i know like 10 )

You have NEVER been to the Hard Rock Cafe (personally, never been there)

You actually get these jokes and pass them on to other friends from Toronto.
Robin Söderling
Thomas Johansson
Thomas Enqvist

Patrick Rafter
Canuck_Chick is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote