Do you know Travis Parrott?! - Page 12 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-25-2006, 07:28 PM   #166
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do you know Travis Parrott?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by debra ˇ|:!
The problem a guy like Travis faces is that depending on who his partner is, he may or may not be able to get into a particular tournament. So it may not be feasible for him to enter the same tournaments with the same partner consistently. I'm sure he'd prefer to do that, but it just might not be possible.
This is it.

-----------

Travis & Rogier lost 3 and 3 to Almagro/Marin in 56 mins Hope things look up soon..
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae wowww
This is it.

-----------

Travis & Rogier lost 3 and 3 to Almagro/Marin in 56 mins Hope things look up soon..
I guess getting a Doubles team matched up is not an easy thing to do.
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 01:02 AM   #168
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
I guess getting a Doubles team matched up is not an easy thing to do.
Not when your ranking is a tad on the lower side and they have changed the rules that let more singles players use their singles ranking to get in. it's not the matching up so much as the, if we match up can we even play anywhere?

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 03:54 AM   #169

Quote:
Not when your ranking is a tad on the lower side and they have changed the rules that let more singles players use their singles ranking to get in. it's not the matching up so much as the, if we match up can we even play anywhere?
I never ever thought of that. But both the players would have to be ranked high enough to get into the tournaments together. No wonder there are so few "true" doubles teams.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:59 AM   #170
country flag Deboogle!.

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
I never ever thought of that. But both the players would have to be ranked high enough to get into the tournaments together. No wonder there are so few "true" doubles teams.
exactly, they have to have a high enough combined ranking. It's quite unfortunate.. but it's the way it is. It's always been common for doubles players to switch around a lot - even the top ones sometimes. The Bryans are the exception.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Old 04-26-2006, 04:16 AM   #171

Quote:
exactly, they have to have a high enough combined ranking. It's quite unfortunate.. but it's the way it is. It's always been common for doubles players to switch around a lot - even the top ones sometimes. The Bryans are the exception.
So even if Travis found a good Doubles player that would be willing to enter a Tournament with him the two of them probably wouldn't be able to get into the Tournament. Since Travis' low ranking would pull down the combined ranking the team wouldn't be ranked high enough to get in the Tournament together. Oh course, the
Bryans are family so that makes things just great for them I'm really thankful for the Bryans when Davis Cup time rolls around because they can always be counted on to do a great job
Old 04-26-2006, 04:26 AM   #172
country flag Deboogle!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mae
So even if Travis found a good Doubles player that would be willing to enter a Tournament with him the two of them probably wouldn't be able to get into the Tournament. Since Travis' low ranking would pull down the combined ranking the team wouldn't be ranked high enough to get in the Tournament together.
Well, it depends - on the partner and how high his ranking is, and what the cutoff is at a particular tournament. Part of the problem is that there are very few tournaments with advance entry for doubles, so the guys don't know beforehand if they'll get in - they just have to show up and hope they can find a partner whose ranking would be high enough for them to get in. This happened to Travis at.... I think it was Indian Wells? He didn't get into the draw even though he was at the tourney and all that, just missed the cutoff. It's really crappy. He could show up at a tourney, maybe even with a consistent partner in mind but then a couple singles players with decent rankings might decide to play doubles that week and it might bump a couple doubles players out.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #173

That is awful Who would want to take the time and spend the money to travel to a Tournament that you might not even get to play in
Old 04-26-2006, 07:06 PM   #174
country flag Deboogle!.

Well if the alternative is not playing at all.... that's what they're gonna do and they just have to take that risk sometimes.

Old 04-26-2006, 07:27 PM   #175

Quote:
Well if the alternative is not playing at all.... that's what they're gonna do and they just have to take that risk sometimes.
Yes you're right, but it seems like there should be a better way to do things.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:15 AM   #176
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

but if your ranking is low. no body would love to play with you...i hate atp!

Last edited by Cindy19 : 04-28-2006 at 08:03 AM.
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 03:39 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy19
but if you are ranking is low. no body would love to play with you...i hate atp!
And of course it is hard for a player to get their ranking up in Doubles unless they can find a good partner that will help them win. So Travis is just in a difficult situation
Old 04-28-2006, 08:10 AM   #178
country flag Cindy19

Cindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond reputeCindy19 has a reputation beyond repute

vicious circle
Cindy19 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:06 PM   #179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy19
vicious circle
I'm afraid you are right
Old 05-01-2006, 05:34 AM   #180

As of 05/01/06 the ATP Site shows Travis' ranking in Doubles is #47 which is down 1 position