Don't call it a comeback, it's just Jelena Dokic! (A place for Fumus, Naldo, Jace) - Page 11 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 05-17-2005, 11:00 PM   #151
country flag superpinkone37

superpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond reputesuperpinkone37 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What the hell is up with Jelena Dokic? (A thread for Naldo and Fummy)

of course, as soon as I read that, that awful song comes to my head and then two seconds later my sister watching tv turns to a music channel playing that song...i swear, its haunting me
superpinkone37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2005, 11:01 PM   #152
country flag Deboogle!.
Vamos Mandy :)

Deboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond reputeDeboogle!. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What the hell is up with Jelena Dokic? (A thread for Naldo and Fummy)

That song needs to die a SWIFT HORRIBLE DEATH.

to (in no particular order): BryOns | Mandy | MarTy | Isner | Dent | Querrey | Baghdatis | Delic | Oli | N&o | Gasquet | Ferrero | Levine | Malisse | LUX | Melzer | Moya | Nishikori | Haas | Grosjean | Ancic | Mathieu | Calleri | Bolelli | Sela | Blake | more...
Deboogle!. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 11:32 PM   #153
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

I love that song, its so fun.

Anyways, apparently Jelena has decided to take about 7 weeks off, skip the grass season (her favorite surface, nice going you stupid girl) to train. Jelena never was a very good trainer and she'll come back out of shape as usual and SUCK and TANK yet again even with 7 solid weeks of training to get back to something that resembles the old Jelena. So tired of this shit nothing she does now shocks me.

Havok is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 05:07 PM   #154
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

NOOOO!! That's the worse news ever Naldo!
That's the gospel.
Fumus is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 08:27 PM   #155
country flag Fumus

Fumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond reputeFumus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo
I love that song, its so fun.

Anyways, apparently Jelena has decided to take about 7 weeks off, skip the grass season (her favorite surface, nice going you stupid girl) to train. Jelena never was a very good trainer and she'll come back out of shape as usual and SUCK and TANK yet again even with 7 solid weeks of training to get back to something that resembles the old Jelena. So tired of this shit nothing she does now shocks me.

I miss her at Wimbly...muah Jelena! muah!
That's the gospel.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:09 PM   #156
country flag Fumus

Hingis, Dokic Enter WTA Injury Fray for 2006

By Richard Vach, Tennis-X.com Senior Writer

The news that former No. 1 Martina Hingis plans a full-on (and not the teaser from last year) return from retirement for 2006, and that troubled former No. 4-ranked Serb-Aussie Jelena Dokic will emerge from the dregs of minor-league play and return to Australia, are not so surprising once you're familiar with the back stories.

Hingis, who hung it up in 2002 after various foot injuries, found that filling her house with furniture, riding her horses, dabbling in tennis commentary and dating fellow athletes/celebrities wasn't meeting her competitive desires -- nor that ever-gnawing need to be in the spotlight.

Dokic, whose ranking plunged into the 300s, found that taking to the minor leagues (see: Andre Agassi) to revive your career doesn't quite work when you even then can't win matches, and running back to Tennis Australia for wildcard assistance was the way to go.

Both players have been among the world's elite, but both will find the 2006 WTA Tour an un-welcoming environment -- not in their reception by other players, but in being on the receiving end of other players' rocket attacks.

Hingis' guile and chess-like perception of the court kept her on top of the WTA Rankings for 209 weeks, but it was the power games of newcomers such as the Williams sisters that helped drive her out. At 16 years old she was the youngest player to reach No. 1, and now at 25 is well past "middle age" for a tennis player.

"Martina Hingis is one of the game's great champions and unique personalities," said Larry Scott, CEO of the WTA Tour. "For fans of women's tennis, Martina's return will add another level of excitement to the sport and enhance the incredible rivalries and roster of big-name stars. Her passion for the game has never wavered and we look forward to her return."

Problem is, her passion for the game has wavered.

Last February when the Swiss played her lone 2005 event at Pattaya City, she rolled to a 6-1, 2-1, 40-0 lead over Germany's Marlene Weingartner in the first round before her fitness gave in to a 1-6, 6-2, 6-2 loss.

Hingis petered out in one match. Whatever fitness regime that led up to that appearance must have included a good amount of sitting on the couch watching the horses frolic out back. It was at that moment that the Swiss realized a true comeback would take a lot of hard work -- perhaps too much sprinting sweating for a 25-year-old millionaire to bother with.

"I've never had plans further than this step. Maybe I'll play some exhibitions," Hingis said after the loss. "That's my plan at the moment. At this point I have no plans to play any more tournaments."

Now the Swiss Miss says she will be back with what sounds like a full campaign, and Australian Open organizers are waiting with open arms.

"I've had contact with Martina's management, but she has not made a decision yet," said Australian Open chief executive Paul McNamee, speaking with the Herald Sun. "She is a possibility, but not a probability, to play the Open. It might be 50-50. The door is open. It would be really exciting if she was to play the Open again. We would make her as welcome as possible."

Hingis appeared in an amazing six consecutive Aussie Open finals from 1997-2002, winning her first three and dropping the last three, then retiring.

In Dokic's case, Aussie Open organizers say the Serb will need to do some cleaning up before being offered her meal ticket.

Dokic's willingness to end her three-year Aussie Open exile means she will report to the Aussie Open wildcard training camp, and must fight it out with young Aussie hopefuls to earn a wildcard spot. Which she will likely lose, and then probably be handed a spot in the main draw after all.

"Jelena is going to be at the Australian Open training camp and she will be in the playoff," McNamee said. "We won't be making any decision on wildcards for the Australian Open until after the playoffs. There will be a level playing field for everyone. We will be fair with every player."

Sure...Jelena won't get any special treatment (wink wink). In the end it would be a shocker if Dokic returned to the Aussie fold and they then left her out in the cold. You'd have to think one of the eight wildcards would fall her way.

The reasons Dokic is unlikely to navigate challenge matches in a field of Aussie scrubs to earn a wildcard are her results over the last 12 months, and more importantly her state of mind. Last year she went 3-6 in tour play before dropping down to the ITF minor league circuit where she lost first round at Italian events in Fano and Cuneo, lost in the ITF qualifying at Petange, Luxembourg, then ended the season by making it through the qualifying and losing second round at the ITF event in Martina Franca, Italy.

Not exactly the results dreams are made of. At ITF minor league tournaments. When you used to be No. 4 in the world. Yikes.

On the state-of-mind tip, the 22-year-old Dokic will be competing without the support of crazy-dad Damir, the recipient of constant furtive glances from the court as the insecure Dokic plied her trade earlier in her career.

Now the estranged Damir, after his antics and heavy-handedness with his daughter over the years, gets to hear about Jelena only through his wife.

"Jelena phoned her mother and told her she plans to travel to Melbourne in December to prepare for the Australian Open," Damir told Kurir, a Serbian newspaper. "She wants to take Australian citizenship when she is there and to play at the Australian Open as an Australian citizen...She phoned my wife from Croatia saying she was OK. I thought she had been kidnapped or something. She did not call for three months and I was about to ring the police."

How much confidence will Dokic have in 2006 after this year failing to reach even a quarterfinal in the minor leagues -- and Hingis, competing against superior firepower on two surgically-repaired feet?

"Confidence has a lot to with it," said Dokic in March at Indian Wells, speaking with Tennisreporters.net's Matt Cronin. "I'm that kind of player. Physically I have gone back to zero. Mentally I feel better. But it takes so much to come back to a good level. I've had to suffer. When you don't play, it's difficult to do it again. But for me to say I'm going to do it is a big step."

If Dokic was zero then, is it safe to assume she's less than zero heading to Australia. And when Hingis shows up with that powerpuff serve she displayed in World Team Tennis play, will that faze Maria Sharapova, the Belgians or the Williams sisters?

Whether their latest forays pan out for Hingis or Dokic (or fellow injury victims Jennifer Capriati, Monica Seles, or the handful of players that missed the WTA Championships with injuries), you've got to hand it to the WTA -- by luck or design, the women want to play, and the comebacks adds a freak-show-type element to the game that attracts even fringe fans.

Will Hingis or Dokic ever win another WTA title? Or even a match? Can the Swiss return to her bitchy best (remember when she shouted down a reporter questioning her rivalry with Anna Kournikova, saying it isn't a rivalry when only one player wins?), or Dokic to her mopey one-dimensional baseline banging that earned her five singles titles? What will they say in their post-match conferences? Will Hingis resume her delicious war of words/egos with the Williams sisters? Will her mom Melanie, who is busy running her own tennis academies, drop everything to coach her again?

You don't see this kind of excitement on the men's side, with Pete Sampras taking a Wimbledon wildcard or John McEnroe and Peter Fleming announcing they will play doubles at the US Open, or Yevgeny Kafelnikov hitting the challenger circuit to accrue some poker-entry money. Or money for greens fees, or entering eating contests, or whatever his fat ass is up to nowadays.
That's the gospel.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:30 PM   #157
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Havok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond reputeHavok has a reputation beyond repute

Dokic back in Australia . PLease come back strong Jeca!

Old 12-06-2005, 07:48 PM   #158
country flag Fumus

Heck yesh...she is.

She says she's using Mary Peirce as her inspiration.
That's the gospel.
Old 12-20-2005, 08:42 PM   #159
country flag Havok
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Dokic won the Aussie Open WC play off tournament so she's gonna be a part of the Australian Open, the first time since losing to Davenport in 3 sets in 2001 .

Old 12-21-2005, 02:28 PM   #160
country flag Fumus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naldo
Dokic won the Aussie Open WC play off tournament so she's gonna be a part of the Australian Open, the first time since losing to Davenport in 3 sets in 2001 .
Wow, that's awesome. So you are telling me she actually won a match...
That's the gospel.
Old 12-21-2005, 08:54 PM   #161
country flag zoltan83

zoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond reputezoltan83 has a reputation beyond repute

She even won 4 matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juli_V View Post
Nicoooooooooooooooooooooooo!!, you rule
zoltan83 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 02:42 PM   #162
country flag Fumus

I am sooo happy for Jelena!
That's the gospel.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:45 PM   #163
country flag Fumus

"Is it over yet?" - Jelena

"No, Jelly you just made it through the WC playoff tourny" -Naldo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jelenaalmost.jpg (31.2 KB, 12 views)
That's the gospel.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #164
country flag Fumus

Dokic Goes Kournikova Serving 28 Double Faults in Loss

Posted on January 03, 2006

One resurgent hopeful's campaign was cut short while it was a good day for most of the seeds, as first round action was completed on Tuesday at the ASB Classic, a $145,000 Tier IV event on the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour.

Playing for Australia for the first time in five years, former world No.4 and wild card entrant Jelena Dokic's Auckland campaign was halted in her opening match with a 57 76(3) 61 loss to Germany's Julia Schruff. Despite spraying over 50 unforced errors (which included a whopping 28 double faults), Dokic found herself just one game away from victory while up 6-5 in the second set, but crumbled when it came to crunch time, then completely losing her way in the deciding third set.

"I am getting close to Kournikova," said Dokic jokingly about her overwhelmingly shaky serving display. "I was very nervous and I was very tight and I think that contributed to the loss today. When I was getting close to winning I just got really nervous. I think that's a lack of matches."

"After the first set it could only get better because that was not good," Schruff said. "I didn't think she would hit that many double faults. Her second serve was like her first, not a lot of spin."
That's the gospel.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #165
country flag Fumus

Here are some pics of Jelena practicing Dec 29 and some pics of today's match.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jelly1.jpg (28.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg jelly2.jpg (29.6 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg jelly4.jpg (31.6 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg jelly3.jpg (27.3 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg jelly5.jpg (36.6 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg jelly6.jpg (34.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg jelly7.jpg (32.6 KB, 8 views)
That's the gospel.