A few questions - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-28-2005, 11:42 PM   #1
country flag BlueEyedHalfling

BlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond repute
Question A few questions

I am studying abroad this summer in London and just realized that I will be there the first week of this championship. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips because I have never been to any tennis tournaments before and do not know how things work.
I know from the website that the remaining tickets will go on sell in the beginning of April, but I was wondering what is the range of ticket prices (or what yours cost if you have already bought them, for some reason my computer won't load the prices). Also, where would you recommend sitting?
Any other tips you have I would be grateful for you to share.

Thanks,
Amy
BlueEyedHalfling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2005, 07:52 AM   #2
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A few questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyedHalfling
I am studying abroad this summer in London and just realized that I will be there the first week of this championship. I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips because I have never been to any tennis tournaments before and do not know how things work.
I know from the website that the remaining tickets will go on sell in the beginning of April, but I was wondering what is the range of ticket prices (or what yours cost if you have already bought them, for some reason my computer won't load the prices). Also, where would you recommend sitting?
Any other tips you have I would be grateful for you to share.
Thanks,
Amy
Amy,
I went for the first time last year on both Monday and Tuesday. I bought my tickets online well in advance (something I would recommend), if you wish to buy at the time, there is quite a queue, and it is normally hot so it's not great to be standing around in that kind of heat. I only had a ground pass, but that only excludes you from (I think..) 1 court, which of course has big matches, but I presume the best seats are seriously expensive. My day ground passes were around £10.00, and were great value at that. I got to see some big players-Mark Philippoussis, Jan-Michael Gambill, Thomas Enqvist etc. in competition, and of course more names in practice (Agassi, Roddick, Hewitt etc.).
A friend (Go Jules !) of my bluffed her way onto the show court by explaining she had travelled all the way down from the South to watch JMG, and they let her and her mate on
Anyway, with that kind of ticket, you can sit wherever is free on the outside courts, and they are practically all good seats, however, if you want to sit on the biggest of the outside courts, its an idea to get there first thing, and stay in your seat for the day, as that can be quite popular (obviously depending on the matches) but thins out towards the end of the day.
All in all, an enjoyable tournament..
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:44 PM   #3
country flag Aleksa's Laydee

Aleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond reputeAleksa's Laydee has a reputation beyond repute

i agree...ground passes are the best IMO...i queue on the day for them...for only an hour...its fun

Dmitry Tursunov

*mmm sweaty hugs from dima *
[Faithful Mitya Slave]

Mardy Fish
[Big right back at ya dude]
Thomas Johansson
Jonas Bjorkman - Joachim Johansson - Simon Aspelin - Jiri Novak - Richard Gasquet
Andy Murray - Fernando Gonzalez - Max Mirnyi - Jan Michael Gambill
James Blake - Greg Rusedski - Alex Bogdanovic
Andrew Kennaugh & Michael Ryderstedt ♥
Aleksa's Laydee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 AM   #4
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

if you do go come and say hell to me i'll be working there.
~~Feli~Daniele~Arnaud~Fernando~Seb~Andy~~
~Taylor~Mike & Bob~Marat~Julien~
and to my girls
~~Sanja~Daniela~Ana~Dinara~~

You're kind of like the blonde chick in the Munsters
http://www.menstennisforums.com/imag...ine=1151095902

Proud to be a Sparette
Éowyn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:01 AM   #5
country flag alfonsojose
PERSONAL JESUS

alfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond reputealfonsojose has a reputation beyond repute

I wanted to go but again it's too late to purchase tickets online. It Seems my only chance it's at Rosmalen and then queuing at Wimby. Queens queues are that big. Iwanted to go to Queens while being at London.

Drooling after Schuettler, Bolelli, Volandri, Starace (short haired version), ToJo, Tursunov, Alves, Davydenko, Djokovic, Petzschner, Ferrero, Simon, Qureshi
alfonsojose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:56 PM   #6

BlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEyedHalfling has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand from the website of the tournament, it says the left over tickets will be sold online and by phone in mid-April. If I don't get a ticket then I don't know if I will have the time to wait in line (or I should say queue) because I will be in class. So, keep an eye on the website for updates.

Amy
Passenger #103 on the Federer Express
Old 04-09-2005, 11:52 PM   #7
country flag Éowyn

Éowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond reputeÉowyn has a reputation beyond repute

ahh man if i'd have known you guys were after them i woudln't have turned mine down! i turned mine down coz i'm working it, and i had 3 days of tickets!
and to my girls

Proud to be a Sparette
Old 04-10-2005, 10:22 AM   #8
country flag ae wowww
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

ae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond reputeae wowww has a reputation beyond repute

What are you working as Eowyn, a steward ?
Jim Thomas - Max Mirnyi - Jordan Kerr - Rohan Bopanna - Andy Roddick - Aisam-Ul-Haq Qureshi - Ilia Bozoljac - Chris Haggard - Jan-Michael Gambill - Donald Young - Nathan Healey - Lleyton Hewitt - Jamie Murray - Olivier Rochus - James Blake - Vince Spadea - Tim Henman - John Isner - Travis Parrott - Paul Goldstein - Tim Henman - Wes Moodie - Arnaud Clement - Michael Russell - Jeff Coetzee

Surbiton Trophy Challenger 1998-2008

Jim Thomas Official Site

Jeff Coetzee Official Site
ae wowww is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 10:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Éowyn
ahh man if i'd have known you guys were after them i woudln't have turned mine down! i turned mine down coz i'm working it, and i had 3 days of tickets!
Oh, no!! Don't tell me that . Well, hopefully I will be able to buy some when they go on sale soon. But if you happen to come across some more please don't turn them down!

Amy
Old 04-14-2005, 02:53 AM   #10
country flag Éowyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae wowww
What are you working as Eowyn, a steward ?
not sure if i 'm doing bar work or waiting to be honest! all i know is i'm working it, hopefully i'll get t watch some tennis on my breaks and the money i make from it can pay for nottingham! (if i can find a hotel)
and to my girls

Proud to be a Sparette
Old 04-14-2005, 02:55 AM   #11
country flag Éowyn

Quote:
Oh, no!! Don't tell me that . Well, hopefully I will be able to buy some when they go on sale soon. But if you happen to come across some more please don't turn them down!

Amy
i'm sure yu won't have a problem if not come down on the day anyway there shouldn't be any problems
and to my girls

Proud to be a Sparette
Old 04-14-2005, 10:09 AM   #12
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Please could someone help me out on this thread:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=33904
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 05:08 PM   #13

Yeah!!! I bought my tickets yesterday!!! I am so excited because this will be the first tennis tournament that I will see with professional players!

Amy

PS BTW Eowyn, I love your name. I am a huge Lord of the RIngs fan and she is one of my favorite literary characters of all time. My name as well is inspired from the trilogy.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:37 PM   #14
country flag joeb_uk

joeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond reputejoeb_uk has a reputation beyond repute

any idead how much a weekly ticket would cost me for go on the trains/tube (dont really want to have to buy a roaming pass or whatever they are, when i went to wimbledon it cost me 25£ a day!!)
joeb_uk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 08:49 PM   #15
country flag Éowyn

Quote:
Yeah!!! I bought my tickets yesterday!!! I am so excited because this will be the first tennis tournament that I will see with professional players!

Amy

PS BTW Eowyn, I love your name. I am a huge Lord of the RIngs fan and she is one of my favorite literary characters of all time. My name as well is inspired from the trilogy.
yeah i saw your name before i think i reppe dyou for it first time i saw you! she is my fave literary charecter ever, so rare to have strong women characters like that. make sure you come and say hello to me at queens
and to my girls

Proud to be a Sparette