Karen Khachanov - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 10-17-2013, 06:29 PM   #16
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Karen Khachanov

Bookies has Karlovic as solid favourite in tomorrow's match. I expected a bit closer odds. Can he beat them again? Against Dr Ivo one would expect TBs...
vBookie net amount won: 27174 (2014: +20479, 2013: +6795, 2012: -100)
TT singles rank 96, TT doubles rank 81.
Detailed Tennis Tipping and DTT results

Member of Tennis Tipping board and Suicide Tennis board
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #17
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

If he could break Ivo serve at least once or twice in both set and hold his serve as most he could he should have a chance but that easily said then done & it going be hard but I like for him too make SF

Tsonga | Raonic | Dimitrov | Nishikori | Janowicz | Tomic | Sock | D.Y. | Harrison Bothers | Thiem | Kyrgios

Peliwo | Khachanov | Ymer Bothers | Kokkinakis | Coppejans | K. Edmund | Coric | Quinzi | Garin
Djere | L. Broady | JWH | Saville | Milojevic | Tatlot | Couacaud | Tiafoe | Mmoh | Kozlov | Rubin | O. Luz
Ace20 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 06:37 PM   #18
country flag Ace20

Ace20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond reputeAce20 has a reputation beyond repute

A Teenager Making Waves In Moscow

Quote:
At a time when there are 29 players over 30 years of age in the Top 100 in the Emirates ATP Rankings, it is refreshing to witness a teenager making headlines on the ATP World Tour.

Karen Khachanov only left high school in May this year. But aged 17 and 6’6”, the Russian is already being touted as a star of the future.

Former World No. 1 Yevgeny Kafelnikov, who now works as a Kremlin Cup by Bank of Moscow tournament manager, told ATPWorldTour.com, “He will be Top 20 [in the Emirates ATP Rankings] by end of 2015, and that’s my prediction.”

This week, Khachanov has beaten Albert Ramos and Janko Tipsarevic en route to the Moscow quarter-finals. It is just his second ATP World Tour tournament and the third senior-level event of his career.

The last 17 year old to reach the last eight of an ATP World Tour event was Kei Nishikori in July 2007 at Indianapolis.

It would seem that Khachanov is learning fast. Just a few weeks after he reached the St. Petersburg Open second round (d. Hanescu, l. to Rosol), he has once again made the most of a wild card.

“It has been a good bonus to see what I can do against the pros,” Khachanov told ATPWorldTour.com. “It has given me the confidence and the opportunity to play better. In St. Petersburg, I didn’t really have any pressure. This week, because of the matches that I have played, I am more confident.

“I didn’t really believe I had beaten Tipsarevic [on Wednesday]. I didn’t over-celebrate as I respect Janko and know that I have to work harder to improve.”

Kafelnikov, who was watching courtside, assessed Khachanov’s performance.

“I watched him play yesterday for the first time [against Tipsarevic] and I don’t say this, a lot, about many people, but this kid is the real deal. He doesn’t have the junior game anymore and he definitely knows what he’s doing on the court… and that’s very impressive.

“He has good ground strokes. He moves well and serves big. He’s solid off both wings and hits many winners. His demeanour is very good and he has the whole package.”

Khachanov, a fan of “big servers such as Marat Safin and Juan Martin del Potro”, trains Moscow and Split with Goran Ivanisevic’s former coach Vedran Martic. His uncle, who acts as his manager, has also been a great help.

He started playing tennis at the age of three, when “my parents took me to tennis classes” and has been travelling on the international junior circuit since he was 13. This year, Khachanov beat Nick Kyrgios in the Roland Garros second round and won the under-18 European Junior Championships.

Although he recently started a sports education course at a Russian university, he admits that his time won’t be taken up by too much homework. “I only have two classes a year,” he said. The course will allow him to focus on tennis.

Khachanov is level-headed and conservative about his goals.

“In the next 12 months, I will try to improve my ranking. I will play in ATP Challenger Tour events, cut down my junior commitments and continue to do my best.”

On Friday, he will face one of the tour’s biggest servers, Ivo Karlovic, for a spot in the Moscow semi-finals. Karlovic played his first ATP World Tour tournament in 2001 at Tashkent, when Khachanov was five years old.

Tsonga | Raonic | Dimitrov | Nishikori | Janowicz | Tomic | Sock | D.Y. | Harrison Bothers | Thiem | Kyrgios

Peliwo | Khachanov | Ymer Bothers | Kokkinakis | Coppejans | K. Edmund | Coric | Quinzi | Garin
Djere | L. Broady | JWH | Saville | Milojevic | Tatlot | Couacaud | Tiafoe | Mmoh | Kozlov | Rubin | O. Luz
Old 10-18-2013, 02:52 AM   #19
country flag Ace20

Towering teenager shakes tennis world

Quote:
Karen Khachanov. Note the name. The only 17-year-old Russian is a tennis player with tremendous potential.

Right now he's only No. 808 on the ATP world rankings, but he has come with a wildcard in the Kremlin Cup in Moscow, and he is in the process of utilizing maximum.

Wednesday night defeated the 198 centimeters tall and 88 kg heavy Russian Janko Tipsarevic, who otherwise was seeded as number three in the tournament, as Serb also previously won. Tipsarevic was as recently as last year number 8 in the world.

Khachanov needed only two sets, he had fired 14 aces and won the match 6-4, 6-4 over the Serb, who currently number 28 in the world ranking.

Before that Khachanov defeated Spaniard Albert Ramos, No. 78 in the world ranking, 6-2, 3-6, 6-4, and he will now meet the winner of Thursday's match between Ivo Karlovic and Denis Istomin in the quarterfinals. The towering teenager is the first 17-year-old, who reached the quarterfinals in an ATP tournament the past six years.

The victory over Tipsarevic was the young russers only the fourth match in an ATP tournament, but he has previously made aware of his great talent as he in July this year, the U18-European champion.

With its impressive achievements, he has impressed experts and Khachanov has a new fan in the form of Wozniacki-rival Svetlana Kuznetsova, who's mad about his young compatriot:

- Karen Khachanov, 17 years old, have match point against Tipsarevic in Moscow. Already 14 aces. Ok, who is this boy?! He is fantastic, writes Kuznetsova on Twitter.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #20
country flag Ace20

Lost too Karlovic def Khachanov 6-4 6-0 not shock bby the lost but was hoping for an better scoreline in the second set

Old 10-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #21
country flag Ace20

Kremlin Cup

R1: Karen Khachanov def Albert Ramos 6-2 3-6 6-4
R2: Karen Khachanov def Janko Tipsarević 6-4 6-4
QF: Ivo Karlovic def Karen Khachanov 6-4 6-0

Old 10-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #22
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Not a good match today. He ran out of gas. That can happen. He'll be inconsistent for a while, I guess, but he proved potential here

Old 10-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #23
country flag Ace20

Yeah His season might be over now but if not I hoping he will play some Future & Challenger soon if not this year then next year

Old 10-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #24
Warrior

Warrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond reputeWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

What will be his ranking next tomorrow?
Warrior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #25
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
What will be his ranking next tomorrow?
Just inside the top-500.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #26
country flag Ace20

From twitter

Quote:
Huge moments for 17 y.o. Karen Khachanov and Elias Ymer, set to lead Russia and Sweden in their Davis Cup Group I relegation ties tomorrow.

Old 10-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #27
country flag Ace20

Khachanov to make history for Russia

Quote:
When Karen Khachanov steps onto the court in the opening rubber of Russia’s Davis Cup by BNP Paribas Europe/Africa Zone Group I relegation play-off, it will signal an important moment for Russian tennis – he will become their youngest ever Davis Cup player.
At 17 years and 157 days old, he takes the mantle of youngest player away from Mikhail Youzhny, who was 17 years 224 days old when he made his debut in 2000. Khachanov would surely love to have a similar impact on the tournament to Youzhny, who was involved in one of the great matches in Davis Cup history when he came back from two sets down to defeat Paul-Henri Mathieu in the decisive fifth rubber of the 2002 World Group Final.
However, while Youzhny came into a team challenging for the title, Khachanov has a very different challenge ahead of him, starting with helping his nation avoid relegation to Zone Group II.
The 6’6” Khachanov rose nearly 300 places in the rankings last week after he reached the quarterfinals of Moscow, defeating Albert Ramos and Janko Tipsarevic before losing to Ivo Karlovic. His impressive performances led to former world No. 1 Yevgeny Kafelnikov to announce “He will be Top 20 by end of 2015, and that’s my prediction.” He also caused a stir back in September when he defeated Victor Hanescu in the first round of St Petersburg.
On the Junior Circuit, Khachanov has had a good year and currently holds a combined ranking of 19. In July he won the European Junior Championships. He has also reached at least the second round in each of the last three Junior Grand Slams. The Russian has also played two Futures events this year, in which his best result was reaching the round of 16 in the Croatia F1 Futures event back in February.
Khachanov faces another debutant on Friday in the form of Dean O’Brien. The two have a similar ATP ranking, 513 for Khachanov and 563 for O’Brien, and both will be desperate to get their Davis Cup careers off to the best possible start.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:24 PM   #28
country flag Ace20

Got his first win on Davis Cup

Karen Khachanov def Dean O'Brien 75 61 63

Old 10-27-2013, 11:48 PM   #29
country flag Ace20

Geneva

[7] Jan-Lennard STRUFF (GER) vs Peter GOJOWCZYK (GER)
Lucas POUILLE (FRA) vs Henri LAAKSONEN (SUI)
Thomas SCHOOREL (NED) vs [WC] Karen KHACHANOV (RUS)
Thomas FABBIANO (ITA) vs [3] Teymuraz GABASHVILI (RUS)

Old 10-28-2013, 05:36 AM   #30
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Schoorel? That ought to be possible, if he's not mentally fatigued after DC. Hope he can play a couple of good matches in Geneva