Why are non Federer fans.... - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-31-2005, 02:19 PM   #61
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why are non Federer fans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
not everyone has to fawn over Federer, no matter how good he is.
I agree on that
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 02:27 PM   #62
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
no matter how good he is.
I am reconciled with you GWH, in our little correspondence you never admitted that.
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:39 PM   #63
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhubert
The blisters can't be an excuse, and I don't like these days when Fed says he was not 100%, and this and that, he disappoints me a bit trying to justify his only loss of 2005... no need ! And he should win despite the blisters, if he enters the court, no excuse ! Pete vomitted and still won in this USO against Corretja, this is the champ trademark...
Why should we come back to that match AGAIN out of anything? Anyway...

True, that's not the typical Roger I've seen for long, no matter the fact that it was said privately. The blisters can't be an excuse? No, it was not an excuse, but the truth. I'm not saying he has all the ground to mention it for not only once, just I look it in this way......He took it too big, really too big. I won't get convinced or as stupid as to believe what he had to say, it's a loss, I can accept it, tomorrow would be fine..blah blah blah...Yes, it's just a loss, he can accept it quickly, but he has been struggling to overcome it later on, all through to IW I think. I believe the loss did haunt him once in a while which he wouldn't admit for sure. His keeping mentioning he was not 100% only showed he was not fully convinced of the defeat, he would think if he was 100% he would've beaten Safin, and that he was more than eager to show he is still THE best. In view of that, I actually think Roger is a little bit arrogant inside him, maybe unconsciously. He is not disappointing me by behaving like so, but really you can tell from this weird (from the usual him ) reaction that he cares about that loss so much, he cares about his position so much.

Well that's my humble opinion though
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:52 PM   #64
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanchr
Why should we come back to that match AGAIN out of anything? Anyway...
Yanchr, you might remember that I was among the first ones to suggest learning the lessons of this match and then to get on. Just to give you the context: It came up again, as it always does, when I have a certain discussion with GWH. As for your interpretation of the whole story, I agree with some thoughts, but I disgaree with others. However, You are 100 % right: It is time to move on

Last edited by Puschkin : 03-31-2005 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:52 PM   #65
country flag Skyward

Skyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond reputeSkyward has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federerhingis
So bitter, I mean whats wrong about posting about the best player in the world?
It's very simple. Roger beats their favorite players and prevent them from winning titles.
It doesn't help that some people don't bother to read and/or think before they write. If a thread already exists, why the hell you need to open the similar one?

Last edited by Skyward : 03-31-2005 at 02:56 PM.
Skyward is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:00 PM   #66
country flag Blaze

Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond repute

I don't understand why we Federer fans and sometimes the fans of Roddick and Hewitt can't make excuse for their losses but the Safin fans can always fall back on his being an "OAF" or his socall mental state.

When Roddick/Federer loses to a lower ranked player is is eaten alive is they are said to be losing their mistique, but when Safin loses to a lower rank player he is simply OAFing?

I believe if Safin had lost that AO semi his fans would have said his head wasn't in the right place and blah blah but the Fed fans are not allow to say he didn't play well and that his play had nothing to do with Safin.
Blaze is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:02 PM   #67
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Blaze, it happens to a regular occurance with Safin.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:04 PM   #68
country flag Blaze

Blaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond reputeBlaze has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Blaze, it happens to a regular occurance with Safin.
Then is it fair to use it as an excuse?

You as a Gaudio fan could easily make this same excuse but I don't see you doing that
Old 03-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #69
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Did I say it was fair to make excuses. I give it to the Safin fans when it's needed and mentioned this same fact earlier in the Safin thread.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:13 PM   #70
country flag RonE

RonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond reputeRonE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze
I don't understand why we Federer fans and sometimes the fans of Roddick and Hewitt can't make excuse for their losses but the Safin fans can always fall back on his being an "OAF" or his socall mental state.

When Roddick/Federer loses to a lower ranked player is is eaten alive is they are said to be losing their mistique, but when Safin loses to a lower rank player he is simply OAFing?

I believe if Safin had lost that AO semi his fans would have said his head wasn't in the right place and blah blah but the Fed fans are not allow to say he didn't play well and that his play had nothing to do with Safin.
I agree with you on this point 100%- there definitely does seem to be a set of double standards regarding Safin and the other players.

As for Roger's defeats- there is really no point in thinking about excuses (blisters, illnes, fatigue) it is an integral part of the game. Shit happens, and not just to Roger. When Roger plays against other players who are sometimes not having the best of days and miss easy shots or are sick no one even bats an eyelid thinking about that. For example, his IW final match against Hewitt- let's face it, Roger didn't exactly play brilliantly in that match apart from a few select points and he made many errors. Against a 100% physically fit Hewitt with Roger playing the match as he did it would have been a completely different ballgame- so that could be a way of looking at things from the perspective of a non-Fed fan, a perspective most of us fans would not have thought about too much.
RonE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:17 PM   #71
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

very long~~~
SUKTUEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:22 PM   #72
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonE
I agree with you on this point 100%- there definitely does seem to be a set of double standards regarding Safin and the other players.
Marat and Roger are very different characters, even if they come quite close on some aspects. A similar difference can be seen among their fans. I know what I am talking about as I spent sufficent time on their respective fora.

Marat fans are very passionate and they can fall from exaltation to desaster and back again within a single post. But they are utterly loyal and that is the reason for their talent to find excuses. Among professional commentators I found much less sympathy for Marat. This is of course some generalisation which I used to prove my point.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:26 PM   #73
country flag SUKTUEN

SUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond reputeSUKTUEN has a reputation beyond repute

I know Safin is good friend with Roger in the past~~
Old 03-31-2005, 03:27 PM   #74
country flag Blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKTUEN
I know Safin is good friend with Roger in the past~~

I think they are still friends
Old 03-31-2005, 03:30 PM   #75
country flag SUKTUEN

that will be good~~~

I am so afraid when after 2004 WIMBY final Roger and Andy wll not be friend any more~~~