Why are non Federer fans.... - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-31-2005, 01:23 PM   #46
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why are non Federer fans....

I wouldn't say that Roger lost the match because of that trick shot. For all we know he could have turned around and hit an error or safin could have hit a winner. Who knows. I was just upset Roger had foot blisters because it came out of nowhere. There was no time to prepare for it as a fan. He was moving just fine in the Andre match. I am generally happy for Safin's win. Had Safin lost that final then I would have been pissed especially if Andy made the final.

GWH, us Federer fans including yourself are not expecting domination from Roger this clay season. We all hope he can win a clay master and do great at RG but that is it. As for excuses on clay goes, I gave full credit to Costa at Rome. Yes I was pissed Roger won the first set so easily then crumbled but after reading about how Costa became more aggressive and used his experience to win then I was ok because Costa outplayed him. As for Guga RG match. I wasn't too shocked given his Kiefer performance but sadden as well. I know all about his trouble dealing with those conditions but Guga played great from what I read so I gave him full credit. Hell I even would have given Andy full credit had he won Wimbledon which I thought was going to happen at the start of the 2nd rain delay. I know Roger was under the weather but that was his fault for not taking care of himself. I was just stunned and happy to the hills that Roger showed us his true champion side that day.
Dirk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 01:25 PM   #47
country flag Dirk

Dirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond reputeDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin
The sickness rumours are already out, even before today's match, but keep in mind, it was not me who spread them
Yes that is true. Of course making them known is the sin here especially if Nadal does meet and beat Roger in the final if he is still struggling with it.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:27 PM   #48
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk
I wouldn't say that Roger lost the match because of that trick shot.
Not the trick shot alone, but the attitude behind it. But thanks for taking up the "battle". I was exhausted after my correspondence with GWH
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:28 PM   #49
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, well Dirk we have been discussing this for a while, so you do know where I come from and it's funny how many people seem to think I hate Roger when Isy, jtipson, WyveN, MrsB and yourself know otherwise.

Costa definitely had him that day, but you know what I am like with people who make excuses justifying their faves losses. I mean I don't like it when my faves lose, but I don't cover for them when it's not deserved.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:34 PM   #50
country flag TheMightyFed

TheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond reputeTheMightyFed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Yes, well Dirk we have been discussing this for a while, so you do know where I come from and it's funny how many people seem to think I hate Roger when Isy, jtipson, WyveN, MrsB and yourself know otherwise.

Costa definitely had him that day, but you know what I am like with people who make excuses justifying their faves losses. I mean I don't like it when my faves lose, but I don't cover for them when it's not deserved.
The blisters can't be an excuse, and I don't like these days when Fed says he was not 100%, and this and that, he disappoints me a bit trying to justify his only loss of 2005... no need ! And he should win despite the blisters, if he enters the court, no excuse ! Pete vomitted and still won in this USO against Corretja, this is the champ trademark...
Old 03-31-2005, 01:36 PM   #51
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

mdhubert, what's going on that was a serious post.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 01:48 PM   #52
country flag Dirk

I wouldn't blame it all on the blisters either since Roger still nearly won. Even with the nerve pain in his hand in the 5th set he still nearly won. I just was mad because when I was following the score on the radio and Roger's stats were getting shitty in the 2nd set I was wondering what the hell was going on. It took me a day to get over that loss but I did and I hope Saffy can win some more events this year because I do like seeing Peter get a lot of credit.

Had Pete lost that match are you sure you wouldn't be saying it was not cause he was vomitting? That is very different because that had to do with Pete's diet or lack of one. Foot blisters can just happen out of nowhere especially given that sticky hot surface.

Still it could have been worse. Roger could have lost to Agassi then I would have to deal with the "a 35 year old beats Roger crap posts".
Old 03-31-2005, 01:50 PM   #53
country flag Dirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler

I don't even think you mind his domination. I think a few other fans here might think otherwise, but I don't think your the undomiele type.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:50 PM   #54
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

That last line is scary Dirk.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 01:58 PM   #55
country flag Dirk

George sorry for the scare. I am thankful that your not one of those types and generally is happy for Roger's success unlike our favorite RG witch Undomiele who would hex Roger RGless.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:59 PM   #56
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

No problem Dirk I like the game of tennis and that's the most important thing and I appreciate Federer, but I am not going to fawn over him.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 02:01 PM   #57
country flag Dirk

Yes but unlike other dirtball lovers you actually want Roger to win RG. There are a few that think he is not worthy of winning it because of his talent.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:03 PM   #58
Doris Loeffel

Doris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond reputeDoris Loeffel has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm are we a bit off topic here
Guess we should transform that into "excuses why Roger lost". And yes I agree every given statement other than "Roger lost becouse his opponent was the better player that day" will sound like a bitter excuse as we are so spoiled by him winning that much. (That's from a fans point of view - a non fan might be pissed by it ) And when he loses once in a while we kind of are hmmm speachless and have a hard time to explain to ourselfs why he lost. As for the AO Semi Roger should have won that match already before having that matchpoint - he should have served it home beeing up 5:2 in the tb but he didn't couse Marat had something against it (And yes I do beliefe that he might have had these blisters that hindered him to move around like he usually does and that might have caused him the match that's my excuse why he lost that match :P :P :P) But still having discussions about it won't change the outcome of that match...
...and yes I'm looking forward to the clay season as well and keep the fingers crossed that Roger will do fine.
Doris Loeffel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:10 PM   #59
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Blisters are not an excuse, but Doris I am just explaining that not everyone has to fawn over Federer, no matter how good he is.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 02:18 PM   #60
country flag yanchr

yanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond reputeyanchr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk
...... but I don't think your the undomiele type.

Yes GWH it is scary
yanchr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote