Why are non Federer fans.... - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-31-2005, 08:06 AM   #16
country flag Action Jackson
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why are non Federer fans....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puschkin
And there may be people who fall into both groups .
Yourself being one of them. Then there are the others who can't accept defeat and there are lot of them around.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filo V. View Post
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Action Jackson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2005, 08:31 AM   #17
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeWHitler
Yourself being one of them.
If you say so . I tend to forget that you are the only owner of truth, no offence, though
Puschkin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:40 AM   #18
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Action Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond reputeAction Jackson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you say so . I tend to forget that you are the only owner of truth, no offence, though
Yes, that's right you know I am an autocrat. Whether you like it or not there are many Fed fans who can't accept defeat and that goes for the ones I like as well.

Call it what you want pigeheadedness, stubborness, arrogance or whatever, there are fans of tennis who can step back and admire his game and other things he brings to it without fawning or having to make excuses for the losses he has.

Wilander on Dimitrov - "He has mind set on imitating Federer and yes it looks good. But he has no idea what to do on the court".

Quote:
I definitely would have preferred Gaba winning as he needs the points much more, but Jan would have beaten him anyway. I expect Hajek to destroy Machado, like 6-1 6-2.
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 09:10 AM   #19
country flag Puschkin

Puschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond reputePuschkin has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes, that's right you know I am an autocrat. Whether you like it or not there are many Fed fans who can't accept defeat and that goes for the ones I like as well.
It always comes down to the same story between us, when we discuss this, which is the missed matchpoint in the AO SF against Marat. But I won't give in on that one. On all of Roger's losses last year, we probably agree anyway.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:11 AM   #20
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
It always comes down to the same story between us, when we discuss this, which is the missed matchpoint in the AO SF against Marat. But I won't give in on that one. On all of Roger's losses last year, we probably agree anyway.
Lets see you during the clayseason and the excuses you come up with when he loses. I know you'll have them ready.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 09:19 AM   #21
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Lets see you during the clayseason and the excuses you come up with when he loses. I know you'll have them ready.
You underestimate me I have more favourites than Roger, and I made sure that at least one of them is an excellent claycourter, so I will have something to cheer during this part of the season as well, if there is a need
Old 03-31-2005, 09:22 AM   #22
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
You underestimate me I have more favourites than Roger, and I made sure that at least one of them is an excellent claycourter, so I will have something to cheer during this part of the season as well, if there is a need
Not at all. I wish you were around when Mantilla beat him in Rome, the excuses would have been flowing like the Danube river.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 09:26 AM   #23
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Not at all. I wish you were around when Mantilla beat him in Rome, the excuses would have been flowing like the Danube river.
But I wasn't around and I have not seen this match. On the other hand, I expect you to eat your words if Roger does win RG this year
Old 03-31-2005, 09:35 AM   #24
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
But I wasn't around and I have not seen this match. On the other hand, I expect you to eat your words if Roger does win RG this year
Incorrect, as I have not said either way that he'll win it. Have you read that thread on GM about the tournament and if you have read the responses I have not said anything either way.

If you are going to try and pull me up on something, make sure it exists first.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 09:40 AM   #25
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
Have you read that thread on GM about the tournament and if you have read the responses I have not said anything either way.
I have followed this thread and I know that you did not really commit to a view, but when will you do so? After the final? Sitting on the fence and then saying "I never excluded the possibility" is not an attitude for a person as decisive as you seem on so many other occasions
Old 03-31-2005, 09:44 AM   #26
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:
I have followed this thread and I know that you did not really commit to a view, but when will you do so? After the final? Sitting on the fence and then saying "I never excluded the possibility" is not an attitude for a person as decisive as you seem on so many other occasions
The Federer apologist has spoken. Considering the thread is about whether he'll ever win it and not just for the year means I have plenty of time to answer it, so I am not going to rush something just for you and I don't rush choices I make anyway.

Two, there are lot of factors that need to be taken care of and I am not sure whether he can do that. If I am not sure I am not going to say something just to make a quick decision, he can, this doesn't mean he will.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 09:46 AM   #27
country flag lsy

lsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond reputelsy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes GWH, for those who're able to be fair and objective, feel free to critisize as they want, but 90% others in MTF who's almost always doing the same when come to their favourites, better shut the fxxk up and stop thinking they have the right to do so or think they're better than few Fed freaks

As for the question on this thread, it's the latest trend in MTF.

People will always try to find fault in the top player, not to mention one who had been so dominating. The thing is for Rogi, he doesn't do much controversial stuff for others to bash both on and off court, so I almost feel like picking on the no. of threads with his name of it in GM was one of the pathetic way of getting around with bashing him "fairly" so as to release their frustratiosn of him winning too much Otherwise, read and analysie every sinlge line of what he said and jump on it each time he said anything's that's on boarder of confident and arrogant, than make a big fuss over it.

Else it's hard for me to see why Federer's discussion/threads or Fed "freaks" are the only one that's polluting GM (LMAO, and we're talking about GM here, the one where for year I read about who's more sexy, who have better legs etc daily). As many of you had pointed out, funny thing is most of those threads created in GM weren't even from his fans

Also questions...

1)
Starting threads about "boring" Federer discussion
Starting threads just to complain about the above thread coz it killed the variety of tennis discussion?

Which is more redundant?

2)
make posts congratulating on Rogi's "obvious" wins
make posts complaining/whining on the redundant congratulations instead of just ignoring those posts and let the thread die?

which is more irritating?

My pick is ALL of them are, so it doesnt' give one the right to critisize the other or think they are better
lsy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:50 AM   #28
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

lsy, considering I don't have a problem with talking about any players game and that includes the ones I loathe intensely, but the Federer threads on GM are a bit too much. I know I started one of them which was to joke about the backlash if he failed to repeat 2004, then the other was done by a friend of mine talking about different aspects of the game.

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1
Old 03-31-2005, 09:54 AM   #29
country flag Puschkin

Quote:
The Federer apologist has spoken.

Why? I dare to say that he will win it once in his carrer, so much for the precise question asked on the GM thread. And I am optimistic for this year, because of the circumstances as I see them now. Of course the weather conditions at RG, the draw and other factors will have an impact as well and it may well be that Roger will not win it in 2005. Well, that's life. I had many wrong predictions in my " career" as a tennis watcher, the most recent example is David Ferrer who proved me wrong three times in a single week .
Predictions are predictions, so what is the link to being an apologist?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:59 AM   #30
Forum Umpire:
Gaston Gaudio

Quote:

Why? I dare to say that he will win it once in his carrer, so much for the precise question asked on the GM thread. And I am optimistic for this year, because of the circumstances as I see them now. Of course the weather conditions at RG, the draw and other factors will have an impact as well and it may well be that Roger will not win it in 2005. Well, that's life. I had many wrong predictions in my " career" as a tennis watcher, the most recent example is David Ferrer who proved me wrong three times in a single week .
Predictions are predictions, so what is the link to being an apologist?
Ok, I don't deal that well with fans that can't take defeat and the Safin match showed your colours, so that is why I will always be sceptical.

That specific RG question has been dealt with and I gave my reasons as to why I haven't said anything of yet. If he doesn't win it and during the clay season, if he is defeated will you not make excuses for him if he loses?

Quote:
Machado wins 6-2 6-1