Sunday 27 March - Miami - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-27-2005, 08:11 AM   #16
bad gambler

Default Re: Sunday 27 March - Miami

i'm also throwing a few coins on the following parlay -

dominator x spud lee x verdasco x ljubicic x ferrero = $34.50

and I honestly believe all have legitimate chances:

safin seems not to care and probably thinking dirt at the moment, spud lee as above, verdasco @ $3 is a joke when it is a 50/50 match against nadal and he has the power to overcome him and ljubicic because he is the ironman of the tour and doesn't seem to want to lose against anyone except federer these days, ferrero will have too much for the dirtballer andreev
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2005, 08:13 AM   #17
country flag its.like.that
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

dont go against Ljubi, you will regret it . spadea is rubbish
its.like.that is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 08:15 AM   #18
country flag flmmkrz

flmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that
I sat out last night - and probably saved my money... to make up for it, i am going big tonight: Nalby x JCF x Ljubi x Nadal x Hrbaty @ 9.5
on this tourny, you're ballsy, seeing as im betting against ljubi I cant say I hope you win but if I dont, hope you get it. You backing it heavy? or is this just a flyer for you?
flmmkrz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 08:16 AM   #19
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmmkrz
aye, I keep telling myself to stay away but it's the competitor in me I don't want to let this tourny beat me. So if I do go in i'm going in small but here's what i'm thinking....

I think spadea will take ivan, he's beaten him both times head to head, the knee, the non stop schedule, spadeas annoying ass style and the slow courts, ivans gotta lay an egg sooner or later seems like a good setting for it.

hrbaty-safin - who the hell knows, depends on which safin shows up
moya-johansson- moya should've lost to blake, but he gutted it out with help from blakes flakey mind, I think he takes tojo but he'll be tired by next round and should bow out then.

andreev-jcf - andreevs playing some nice ball right now, jcf wasnt impressing me with serve getting broken as many times as it did against canas. I think its jcf's match to lose but it wouldnt surprise me to see andreev win this one in straights, im staying off this for sure.

ferrer-bandy - he lost the first set to malisse but was solid in the second who knows what'd happen if it kept going. Bandy was in brutal form last week don't know if he's quite shook it yet, I see another possible upset here.

monfils- lee = monfils with 2 good wins, lee as well, more weapons with monfils, lees ride ends here.

nadal-verdasco- nice form against roddick, has got the firepower, has more of a hard court game then does nadal but I dont think hes mentally tough enough to put back to back impressive wins together yet. Nadal to win.

the more I think about it I like nadal single and spadea single, might sweeten the nadal with a couple womens matches to up the pot.

any thoughts on my takes?

hmmm...apart from ToJo I have to say I'm against you on all the above plays!
Old 03-27-2005, 08:19 AM   #20
bad gambler

and can someone confirm to me that tommy robredo has pulled out? my bookie has a price on the match....
Old 03-27-2005, 08:20 AM   #21
country flag flmmkrz

flmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond reputeflmmkrz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by its.like.that
dont go against Ljubi, you will regret it . spadea is rubbish
maybe but he holds lifetime 2-0 over ljubi, plus the reasons I mentioned, add home turf for spadea, he loves the limelight so beating a big name... im telling you I got a feeling. Course i've been wrong a lot this week lol but I dont think thats exlclusive to me. At 1.3ish I dont think its the chance I want to take. Ljubis weapon, the serve, spadeas, the return and grinding. Federer grinds ljubi out, different leagues of course but same principal. Stay off ljubi you've been warned
Old 03-27-2005, 08:22 AM   #22
country flag flmmkrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
and can someone confirm to me that tommy robredo has pulled out? my bookie has a price on the match....
none of mine have a price on him but no confirmation other than that
Old 03-27-2005, 08:25 AM   #23
country flag Cervantes

Cervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond repute

- Ljubicic-Spadea, I wouldn't go against Ljubicic here, h2h doesn't mean that much, he's a whole different player nowadays. Don't know about the knee though, what's up with that, is he injured slightly?)
- Hrbaty-Safin, it's Safin -> leave it alone.
- Moya-Johansson could go either way, h2h 1-2, but last meeting in 1999 = no bet for me.
- Ferrero beat Andreev two weeks ago and I think he'll do the same today.
- Nalbandian will beat Ferrer, I saw there match at the Aus Open and Nalbandian played like shit there and still won.
- Monfils-Lee, I lean towards Monfils here although this could really go either way. Monfils is not that consistent yet so it depends on him I feel.
- Nadal-Verdasco, have to go with Nadal here, 2-0 h2h and playing well. I don't see Verdasco winning the longer rallies.

So I'll probably go with Nadal, Ferrero and Nalbandian. Maybe in a parlay or singles, don't know yet.

Berdych, Blake, J. Johansson, Ljubicic, Nalbandian and Tursunov

2005 PAW Year-end ranking: 1
2006 PAW Year-end ranking: 1
2007 PAW Year-end ranking: 6

Career titles (7): 2004 – Toronto AMS; 2005 – Monte Carlo AMS, Roland Garros, Kitzbühel; 2006 – Doha, Beijing; 2007 - Kitzbühel.
Finalist (3): 2005 – Miami AMS, Barcelona; 2006 – Bastad.
Cervantes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 08:25 AM   #24
country flag flmmkrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler
hmmm...apart from ToJo I have to say I'm against you on all the above plays!
well following some of your bets this week we've bet along the same lines and losing so if nothing else, one of us should finally win a few bets this week
Old 03-27-2005, 08:26 AM   #25
bad gambler

I got novak for $1.93 against robredo - may as well have a go if robredo is in fact carrying an injury
Old 03-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #26
country flag Cervantes

Cervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond reputeCervantes has a reputation beyond repute

Robredo has withdrawn so I'll be very surprised if you get your money

Berdych, Blake, J. Johansson, Ljubicic, Nalbandian and Tursunov

2005 PAW Year-end ranking: 1
2006 PAW Year-end ranking: 1
2007 PAW Year-end ranking: 6

Career titles (7): 2004 – Toronto AMS; 2005 – Monte Carlo AMS, Roland Garros, Kitzbühel; 2006 – Doha, Beijing; 2007 - Kitzbühel.
Finalist (3): 2005 – Miami AMS, Barcelona; 2006 – Bastad.
Cervantes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2005, 08:33 AM   #27
country flag flmmkrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cervantes
- Ljubicic-Spadea, I wouldn't go against Ljubicic here, h2h doesn't mean that much, he's a whole different player nowadays. Don't know about the knee though, what's up with that, is he injured slightly?)
- Hrbaty-Safin, it's Safin -> leave it alone.
- Moya-Johansson could go either way, h2h 1-2, but last meeting in 1999 = no bet for me.
- Ferrero beat Andreev two weeks ago and I think he'll do the same today.
- Nalbandian will beat Ferrer, I saw there match at the Aus Open and Nalbandian played like shit there and still won.
- Monfils-Lee, I lean towards Monfils here although this could really go either way. Monfils is not that consistent yet so it depends on him I feel.
- Nadal-Verdasco, have to go with Nadal here, 2-0 h2h and playing well. I don't see Verdasco winning the longer rallies.

So I'll probably go with Nadal, Ferrero and Nalbandian. Maybe in a parlay or singles, don't know yet.
true enough h2h doesnt always mean a lot but I like the match up and the h2h just convinces me further.
Old 03-27-2005, 08:39 AM   #28
Banned!

its.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond reputeits.like.that has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmmkrz
on this tourny, you're ballsy, seeing as im betting against ljubi I cant say I hope you win but if I dont, hope you get it. You backing it heavy? or is this just a flyer for you?
im weary of verdasco... but im liking lee more and more...
Old 03-27-2005, 08:43 AM   #29
bad gambler

monfils is all show at this stage of his career - a consistent ball striker like spud should have the goods over him

get on!
Old 03-27-2005, 08:46 AM   #30
Banned!

monfils is more overrated than joachim johansson