Sometimes, good news deserves its own thread. - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-05-2005, 01:43 PM   #76
country flag gorgeous

gorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond reputegorgeous has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sometimes, good news deserves its own thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell
I can not stand dubbing either! I would rather sit and read a big bunch of subtitles then watch something with all the male characters having one voice and all the female characters have one voice. Yes people, I believe that a 8 year old girl and her 73 year old grandmother speak exactly the same
I agree! I've watched one of my favorite tv shows (Friends) in English since 1997 (when I was 13 and the fast dialouges as well as the jokes gave me a hard time to properly understand everything) and a few years back my friend (who doesn't speak English that well) and I watched some German dubbed episodes and I was so shocked because the voices were just ... and most of the jokes just weren't the same (hence not that funny) *shrugs* So, yeah... dubbing sucks!
Another "funny" thing: my boyfriend's always forced to READ subtitles when we go to the movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kell
You know no idea how many times I have been sorely tempted to boxes saying I am bilingual and saying I am fluent in both English and Tweenspeak.
Tweenspeak? Well, I guess it's the same here in Germany. My younger cousin once wrote me an email and I could only understand half of it since she used a ton of abbreviations
Kids these days...

So, sorry for the OT-ness... any good news?
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali
--
Andy Roddick - Marat Safin - Tommy Haas - Mario Ancic - Xavier Malisse - Andre Agassi - Pete Sampras - Jimmy Connors
gorgeous is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2005, 01:54 PM   #77
country flag blosson
La La Land

blosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond reputeblosson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sometimes, good news deserves its own thread.

once i watched an american movie on Polish tv. there was a male voice over translating the whole story on top of the actors voices. he wasn't dubbing, just saying now he is saying this and she is answering that (following my polish friends), just odd.
blosson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote