Gamblers Lounge - Suggestions - Page 6 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 04-17-2007, 01:13 PM   #76
country flag xcrap

xcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond reputexcrap has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gamblers Lounge - Suggestions

its play money to bet on tennis matches.
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2007, 04:51 AM   #77
country flag Olao

Olao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond reputeOlao has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waste all my Winnings Wednesday

Hi Bad G,

Regarding bashing on the forum and erasing posts - can we bring the discussion out in the open here?

On the one hand, you erase some posts, but you allow and thereby indirectly encourage phrases like these (Mistaflava's post):

"Well right now Igor Andreev is cinderella and a lot of you are going to have brain cramps and want to bet on another upset. However, for all the idiots betting on Andreev, please let me warn you that for this whore the clock struck midnight the minute his opponent was determined..."

Is this the forum tone and content that you want...? I'm not personally a basher but I have lashed out at people calling other forumites Nazis e.g. and also at types like It's like that and Mistaflava who are both clearly arrogant, condescending, mocking and disrespectful even when you take into account that some of the trash-talking macho-stupidity is fairly superficial.

With all respect - as a moderator, where is your consequent line here as you don't (not to our knowledge, at least) react towards e.g. Mistaflava? And to be honest, I think that you have a responsibility towards newbies in the betting world - of which there is an increasing number today as the global market evolves... - meaning that you should point out that betting/gambling is a bit more complicated and challenging than just throwing out phrasing like "a lot of you are going to have brain cramps..." and stating that you have a guaranteed money-winning system when you have shown great flaws in other areas.

Let's look at Mistaflava as an example. He's on an impressive streak during this French Open (respect and congrats) - yet, as impressive as his good streaks are, as astonishing are his bad streaks where he has lost control several times and overstaked. Haven't we all overstaked from time to time...? Of course, we have -like we have made the other classical mistakes. But there's a distinction - Mistaflava posts his records and boasts about his winnings as he takes on the role of an authority. Given that he - and yes, I will mention this again as it is relevant imo - lost control completely with his NFL betting this season, increasing his stakes and losing 100 unit plays in series, shouldn't you, as a moderator, intervene and point out concretely to people (and not only in remote "strategy threads" that this is not the way to approach betting/gambling? Imo, Mistaflava's approach is far too volatile and emotional.

It may be easy for you, me and others with experience on this forum to look through this, but many won't - and even if they would, it's a matter of what kind of forum you want. Fine if you "just" want an open discussion forum where picks can be discussed and where people are allowed to throw out any kind of gambling thought - imo, you do as moderators also have an obligation to maintain a line and react/intervene when forumites send unhealthy signals - and imo, this is what a character like Mistaflava is doing. Betting/gambling is not as simple as he makes it look (even though his write-ups are detailed and serious, I'll give him that), and to be concrete, I think you should intervene vs this very black and white'ish mentality towards betting. Not saying you should be a babysitter - intervening is not necessarily babysitting.

Finally, you could argue that I seem a bit too preoccupated with forum ethics given how little I contribute picks-wise on this forum. So even though I'm a professional (tennis) market trader, I will post my pick of the day below (and more in the future) as I enter pre-match. Yet, I think that it is fair to react and show an interest in the ethics of this forum and point out that something could be improved.

Last edited by bad gambler : 06-09-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Olao is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 01:56 PM   #78
bad gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olao View Post
Hi Bad G,

Regarding bashing on the forum and erasing posts - can we bring the discussion out in the open here?

On the one hand, you erase some posts, but you allow and thereby indirectly encourage phrases like these (Mistaflava's post):

"Well right now Igor Andreev is cinderella and a lot of you are going to have brain cramps and want to bet on another upset. However, for all the idiots betting on Andreev, please let me warn you that for this whore the clock struck midnight the minute his opponent was determined..."

Is this the forum tone and content that you want...? I'm not personally a basher but I have lashed out at people calling other forumites Nazis e.g. and also at types like It's like that and Mistaflava who are both clearly arrogant, condescending, mocking and disrespectful even when you take into account that some of the trash-talking macho-stupidity is fairly superficial.
There is a clear difference between the post I deleted and the one you quoted from Mistflava. The one I deleted was a direct attack and attempted belittlement of another user of these forums. That under any circumstance will not be tolerated here in the gamblers forum.

With respect to Mistaflava's writeups some common sense has to be applied here. Whilst I want to ensure certain standards are met within here, I am not about to become power hungry moderator and suppress any form of light hearted humour and that is what I see his writeups as, the wordings are not to be taken seriously. This is a member consensus as well because up till now I have yet to receive a complaint about them because people see it as just that, entertainment. Within all of it, he does invariably come up with some good points about why he backs certain players.

Quote:

With all respect - as a moderator, where is your consequent line here as you don't (not to our knowledge, at least) react towards e.g. Mistaflava? And to be honest, I think that you have a responsibility towards newbies in the betting world - of which there is an increasing number today as the global market evolves... - meaning that you should point out that betting/gambling is a bit more complicated and challenging than just throwing out phrasing like "a lot of you are going to have brain cramps..." and stating that you have a guaranteed money-winning system when you have shown great flaws in other areas.

Let's look at Mistaflava as an example. He's on an impressive streak during this French Open (respect and congrats) - yet, as impressive as his good streaks are, as astonishing are his bad streaks where he has lost control several times and overstaked. Haven't we all overstaked from time to time...? Of course, we have -like we have made the other classical mistakes. But there's a distinction - Mistaflava posts his records and boasts about his winnings as he takes on the role of an authority. Given that he - and yes, I will mention this again as it is relevant imo - lost control completely with his NFL betting this season, increasing his stakes and losing 100 unit plays in series, shouldn't you, as a moderator, intervene and point out concretely to people (and not only in remote "strategy threads" that this is not the way to approach betting/gambling? Imo, Mistaflava's approach is far too volatile and emotional.
This is where I definitely disagree with you. My role in this forum is as a moderator where I think you are confusing me as is as a mentor, which I am not. This is not to say that if someone has a general betting question I won't help them, certainly not the case because we all have the same objective here which is to get ahead of the man. But end of the day who am I to act as a mentor in the first place? I don't post my record nor the stake of any of my plays, I am just an average 'mug' punter like the rest of us.

Quote:
It may be easy for you, me and others with experience on this forum to look through this, but many won't - and even if they would, it's a matter of what kind of forum you want. Fine if you "just" want an open discussion forum where picks can be discussed and where people are allowed to throw out any kind of gambling thought - imo, you do as moderators also have an obligation to maintain a line and react/intervene when forumites send unhealthy signals - and imo, this is what a character like Mistaflava is doing. Betting/gambling is not as simple as he makes it look (even though his write-ups are detailed and serious, I'll give him that), and to be concrete, I think you should intervene vs this very black and white'ish mentality towards betting. Not saying you should be a babysitter - intervening is not necessarily babysitting.
I think you are insulting the intelligence of the people here with this comment - as I mentioned my experience ever since Mistaflava began posting here is that there have not been any people who have actually taken those type of one liners by him seriously.

Again not meaning to sound like I am Mistaflava's number 1 fan or anything but he has not once in my recollection stated that gambling is easy. Sure when he does his 'recaps' he beats his chest but who doesn't? By the simple fact that anyone actually quotes themselves after the bet has won with a comment along the lines of 'winner' or '$$$" to that effect we are all tooting out own horns. I know I always do it, and so do many others. The only problem I have with that approach is when those go MIA and not do the recap on a losing wager.

Quote:

Finally, you could argue that I seem a bit too preoccupated with forum ethics given how little I contribute picks-wise on this forum. So even though I'm a professional (tennis) market trader, I will post my pick of the day below (and more in the future) as I enter pre-match. Yet, I think that it is fair to react and show an interest in the ethics of this forum and point out that something could be improved.

I'm glad there are people like yourself who want to raise point like these with the intention to improve the forum, nothing wrong with that at all
View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 09:22 AM   #79
country flag Rosco

Rosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond repute

Gentlemen,
Great discussion guys..... as a "mug" punter myself I have posted a minimal amount of times too....and have received some negative comments through the "add to so and so's reputation". I came to this forum through a positive recommedation from a fellow punter and have been welcome by several online members but have also been given the "cold shoulder" by others. I have now decided to not bother posting my plays but still log in to view the highly intelligent and researched views and plays by some extraordinary punters. I wanted to learn the "tricks" of the trade and make some cash but I feel there doesn't seem to be a very welcoming, or for a better word, understanding from some of the more seasoned veterans towards a "rookie" punter...
just my two cents..

BTW BG your doing a great job!
Good luck to all!!
Old 07-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #80
country flag Straby

Straby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond reputeStraby has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosco View Post
and have received some negative comments through the "add to so and so's reputation". I came to this forum through a positive recommedation from a fellow punter and have been welcome by several online members but have also been given the "cold shoulder" by others.
Are you serious? Just because you are new here? That's ridiculous.
Don't let them spoil the fun here. After all everyone has been starting as a "rookie punter".
Straby is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 04:48 PM   #81
bad gambler

Quote:
Gentlemen,
Great discussion guys..... as a "mug" punter myself I have posted a minimal amount of times too....and have received some negative comments through the "add to so and so's reputation". I came to this forum through a positive recommedation from a fellow punter and have been welcome by several online members but have also been given the "cold shoulder" by others. I have now decided to not bother posting my plays but still log in to view the highly intelligent and researched views and plays by some extraordinary punters. I wanted to learn the "tricks" of the trade and make some cash but I feel there doesn't seem to be a very welcoming, or for a better word, understanding from some of the more seasoned veterans towards a "rookie" punter...
just my two cents..

Good luck to all!!

Mate that reputation function is a farcical tool, people on MTF abuse it left right and centre so I wouldn't take any negative comments made through it by others to heart.

Hope to see you posting your plays here

Cheers
Old 07-07-2007, 12:41 AM   #82
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad gambler View Post
Mate that reputation function is a farcical tool, people on MTF abuse it left right and centre so I wouldn't take any negative comments made through it by others to heart.

Hope to see you posting your plays here

Cheers
Everyone has their good and bad days,its human nature!!Not everyone is supposed to get along with everyone,thats' life

Last edited by sports freak : 07-07-2007 at 12:46 AM.
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:45 AM   #83
country flag sports freak

sports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond reputesports freak has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hi Bad G,

Simple answer -Give and Take,reason everyone is different and no one is the same,therefor personalities are gonna collide whether you like it or not just deal with it,Flava has more postives then negatives therefor lets concentrate on the positives
sports freak is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:45 AM   #84
country flag Rosco

Rosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond reputeRosco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sports freak View Post
Everyone has their good and bad days,its human nature!!Not everyone is supposed to get along with everyone,thats' life
Agree 100% SF. You cannot agree with what someone is saying but from my background in sports and coaching you cannot/do not get along all the time but at the end of the day you must RESPECT them. Everyone brings something to the table in this forum and I believe if you are to be good at betting you must be very well informed. Some of the guys here are AFL experts, some NRL, some NBA/NBL etc., but all have something to give! I'm not saying I know a hell of a lot (quite the opposite), hence why I like this forum which gives me an opportunity to discuss plays with blokes (and ladies) from areas I would never be able to due to my geographic isolation to the big sporting capitals.
This forum is great and most of the punters here are pretty humble but a few bad seeds like Olao and myself have come across tend to stick in your mind.

Thanks for the comments SF, BG and Strabavy.....will be back posting soon!
Old 07-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #85
country flag rod_steel

rod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Gentlemen,
just my two cents..

Good luck to all!!

Now I would like to know why your friend "Mr Flamboyant" is PM'ing me on another site telling me to stop 'bucketing' you with abuse which I am apparently giving you via the reputation function? Interesting seeing as I have not logged onto MTF for over a month until today given I was on my honeymoon, nor have I ever used the reputation function (apart from the good rep I just gave you) and before now I don't believe I have ever had any correspondence with yourself.

By the way I hope you know the story with your friend Mr Flamboyant, he was ripping off plays from myself for a few months and reproducing it on another website. I bet he never mentioned that to yourself as well?

This is probably the best small gambling area on the internet with posters here who are very knowledgeable and know their stuff inside out I'm sure you will learn more if you post your thoughts and interact instead of lurking. Just my 2 cents.

Look forward to seeing your plays, good luck and welcome.

Last edited by rod_steel : 07-10-2007 at 08:41 AM.
rod_steel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 12:58 PM   #86
bad gambler

If there is a problem here PM me please. But yes Mr Flamboyant was banned from these forums for lifting plays from others which will not be tolerated under any circumstance. I don't see how that should effect Rosco from posting his plays

Also Rosco I did check your reputations and there was nothing untoward in any of them. There was one from a certain poster (its like that) but it was automatically removed given he has now been banned from the forums.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:16 PM   #87
country flag rod_steel

rod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond reputerod_steel has a reputation beyond repute

And now I get a message from your friend Rosco about an elaborate cover up by bad gambler who apparently deleted reputations to back my story. :retard:

No offense Rosco but get new friends, your mate is twisted either that or he has too much time on his hands.
rod_steel is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 04:25 PM   #88
country flag dave nz
Banned!

dave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond reputedave nz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rod_steel View Post
And now I get a message from your friend Rosco about an elaborate cover up by bad gambler who apparently deleted reputations to back my story. :retard:

No offense Rosco but get new friends, your mate is twisted either that or he has too much time on his hands.
Don't worry about him mate, you just keep doing what u do- winning.

That clown has some serious issues

He started to plagiarise my plays too as u know. That is as low as it gets and that will never get him anywhere, all it means is good cappers like yourself become reluctant to post plays, understandable too, same thing has happened to me in the past.

There is always an idiot or three that spoils it for the good members who contribute, are good people and want to learn.

Low lifes.
dave nz is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:09 PM   #89
country flag Horatio Caine
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Horatio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond reputeHoratio Caine has a reputation beyond repute

www.tennisform.com - stumbled upon it recently, by accident (tennisinsight link), but it looks like it might contain a wealth of information, certainly if the first page is anything to go by.
Horatio Caine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:14 PM   #90
country flag A_Skywalker

A_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeA_Skywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C'mon! View Post
www.tennisform.com - stumbled upon it recently, by accident (tennisinsight link), but it looks like it might contain a wealth of information, certainly if the first page is anything to go by.
Looks nice, I found something like that before 1 year, but I formatted and lost my favourites

Tennis Tipping and PAW Results
A_Skywalker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote