Lleyton pulls out of Miami - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 03-21-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lleyton pulls out of Miami

Full story in GM.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Socket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2005, 04:56 PM   #2
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Murkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lleyton pulls out of Miami

Damn those warts

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v622/LosDosMos/10.jpg

"I'm just on a mission today. But the end result, you will feel better."
"Not when you go home alone tonight I won't..."

"What is your good luck charm?"
"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Murkofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:03 PM   #3
country flag sprinterluck

sprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond repute

Damn ingrown toenails.

In that documentary Facing Federer II they showed Lleyton on the massage table (actually a closeup of his feet )getting his toes wrapped. Could be precautionary, but I think it's a common problem for the pros.

Did anyone see Tim Henman on Facing Federer II? Nasty shot of his dead toenail
--------------------------------------------
Hewitt's injured toes became a problem midway through the third set of his semifinal match against Roddick at Indian Wells. He said Sunday the right toe was worse than the left.

"It's all inflamed," he said. "Nail is going left, right and center," he said. "It's happened a fair few times in the past, but this is probably as bad as it's been."
sprinterluck is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:07 PM   #4
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Murkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond reputeMurkofan has a reputation beyond repute

Nail is going left, right, and center? Is it split into thirds or what?

"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Old 03-21-2005, 05:28 PM   #5
country flag Socket

Socket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond reputeSocket has a reputation beyond repute

What I think he meant is that the nail is completely ingrown into the toe, not just at the corners, which is the usual problem. That means the nailbed itself is the problem, it grows the nail at an angle, not flat on the toe, as it's supposed to.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 03-21-2005, 05:30 PM   #6
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Ah.

Ew.

"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Old 03-21-2005, 05:37 PM   #7
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

They say most tennis players have really ugly feet from the beating they take. Ditto for ice skaters.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:38 PM   #8
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

I have ugly feet, and I don't do much

Funny feet tends to run in the family, though. That's why my dad didn't go to Vietnam

"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Old 03-21-2005, 05:53 PM   #9
country flag Socket

I actually have OK-looking feet, but if there's a problem you can have with your feet, I either have it now or had it before. My list: ingrown toenails, black toe (where the toenail dies and eventually falls off), stress fractures in the metatarsal bones, plantar warts (feels like walking on nails), plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and to top it off , I now have a bone spur -- on the TOP of my foot. My podiatrist actually laughed when he saw that last one.

I guess we won't see Lleyton any earlier than Monte Carlo now.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 03-21-2005, 05:57 PM   #10
country flag Murkofan
Cracked out on D/S!

Damn Marlene We gotta do something about those feet of yours

"You."
--Derek and Shannon
Old 03-21-2005, 06:02 PM   #11
country flag Socket

Can you donate one of yours to me for a transplant? What size shoe do you wear (I don't want to look lopsided).

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 03-21-2005, 06:06 PM   #12

sprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond reputesprinterluck has a reputation beyond repute

At least you guys have something in common with Bec and Lleyton: ugly feet.

The chatter is that Lleyton might need surgery.
He's got 3 weeks of non-playing weeks now until Monte Carlo.
This might be good for Lleyton. He can go home, hang out with his fiancee, recharge his batteries and get ready for the claycourt season.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wide feet.jpg (55.9 KB, 68 views)
Old 03-21-2005, 06:11 PM   #13
country flag Socket

Are you hearing anything about the surgery other than what gsm posted? I haven't read anything official.

That's a really nice picture, BTW.

C'mon, Lleyton!

Old 03-21-2005, 06:59 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socket
Are you hearing anything about the surgery other than what gsm posted? I haven't read anything official.

That's a really nice picture, BTW.
The picture's really nice if you like two pairs of wide feet.

The chatter from another message board reports people saying they heard it on the news. Nothing official yet and I hope he won't need to do it.

Last edited by sprinterluck : 03-21-2005 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:09 PM   #15
country flag Chesty Larue
I am the Lizard Queen!

Chesty Larue has a reputation beyond reputeChesty Larue has a reputation beyond reputeChesty Larue has a reputation beyond reputeChesty Larue has a reputation beyond reputeChesty Larue has a reputation beyond reputeChesty Larue has a reputation beyond reputeChesty Larue has a reputation beyond reputeChesty Larue has a reputation beyond reputeChesty Larue has a reputation beyond reputeChesty Larue has a reputation beyond reputeChesty Larue has a reputation beyond repute

Surgery to do what exactly..?
Chesty Larue is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote