Nadal is the tennis player with the most weeks at No. 2 in the world? - Page 5 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2013, 10:56 PM   #61
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal is the tennis player with the most weeks at No. 2 in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
Bla bla bla bla. The rules say that the person responsible to decide if a player is trying to take an unfair advantage breaking the rules is the umpire. Rafa has had penalties for taking too much time, the same as all the rest of players (I guess all of them are cheaters). Seriously, only the worst pathetic losers try to jutify a result speaking about the umpires/referees. Cry me a river.
Why yes. Thank you for showing me that you don't care. Now I know better than to take your posts seriously. It's obvious that you love a player too much, to see clearly.

And if actually caring about the state of tennis makes me a pathetic loser, then by all means, call me that.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2013, 12:12 AM   #62
country flag RAFA_MURRAY

RAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond reputeRAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond reputeRAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond reputeRAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond reputeRAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond reputeRAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond reputeRAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond reputeRAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond reputeRAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond reputeRAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond reputeRAFA_MURRAY has a reputation beyond repute

For me what really matter s is that No 2 owns No 1

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

The one who lose to rafa 9 times in grand slam is the goat
Wilander: Federer played during the weakest era ever.
John McEnroe: Rafael Nadal is the best ever, even with a first-round Wimbledon loss
Agassi: Rafael Nadal as the best player in the history of tennis, ahead of Roger Federer.
Pete Sampras: Rafael Nadal Can Pass Federer and become the GOAT
RAFA_MURRAY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #63
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal is the tennis player with the most weeks at No. 2 in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I agree with you and I like tha fact that you're a die hard Federer fan who isn't just bent on insulting and discrediting Nadal.

However, do you ever get the feeling that when we're discussing Federer or Djokovic there are all these subcategories. Pre peak, post peak, match-ups, Nole 2.0, decline, clay, outside of clay and so forth.

When it comes to Nadal, all of a sudden none of it matters anymore - except to point out that clay is somehow an inferior surface where GOAT candidates don't need to prove themselves (e.g. Sampras). According to the haters Nadal peaked in 2011, was lucky in 2010, won AO beacuse Federer choked, won US Open because Djokovic choked, won Clay slam in '10 because there was no competition and so on and so on. If one puts all of these arguments together, I don't think one even believes himself. His wins against Federer are due to match up problem. His wins against Djokovic are due to clay and that Djokovic didn't peak until 2011. I'll try the same approach.

ATTENTION: INTENTIONAL TROLLING

Djokovic is supposedly superior hard court player to Nadal but up until 2011 their H2H on hard was 7:5 for Nole with Nadal winning US Open final and Olympic SF. The reason Djokovic won four more matches is because Nadal was past his peak. Simple as that. Problem solved. Nadal on hard was on par with Nole until his peak ended and was also superior on other surfaces.

All of this with a preconceived notion that Nadal has been in his peak since 2005. Nadal apparently isn't bothered by matchups, at least I don't see anyone aknowleding that (Nikolay Davydenko, for example). No! According to people on this forum every weakness Nadal has is a sign he is overrated and he fluked half of his tournaments. How could that be?

Everything other players do to Nadal is credited to their skills, everything Nadal does to them is credited to peak, postpeak, field, fluke, choke and one handed backhand.

When Djokovic beats Nadal it's because he's better. When Nadal beats Nole it's because Nole choked. When Nadal takes Nole to five sets in Australia Djokovic is credited for super human effort in order to win. When Djokovic takes Nadal to five sets in Roland Garros he is getting closer, Nadal hardly avoided embarrassment on his turf and was ''lucky'' to win. It baffles me.
I'm one who doesn't buy the "pre-peak Nole before 2011." He's been a top player since spring 2007 and he was better in 2007 and 2008 than he was in 2009 and 2010. As for Nadal, he certainly was better in 2008-11 than 2005-2007, but I see many people, even fans, calling the 05-07 version "baby Nadal" and I find that funny, since he was an elite player already and would have been the #1 player in the world in another time (if Federer wasn't so dominant).

I think the age difference between Roger and Rafa means little because even if they were the same age Rafa would always give him trouble. I do think the age difference between Roger and Djokovic/Murray has benefited them quite a bit though, as both have struggled against him when RF is on.

And there is also this idea that Rafa always owned Federer, when he only started distancing the H2H in 2008 when it was 4-0 (the only year Roger did not have a win over him). It was a very even match-up before 08, and even in 09 they both got a win on the others favourite surface.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:10 AM   #64
country flag NadalPhan

NadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond reputeNadalPhan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't agree that Rafa vs Fed before 08 was a very even match-up, but I do agree the match-up was a lot closer than people are making it out to be.
NadalPhan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #65

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalPhan View Post
I don't agree that Rafa vs Fed before 08 was a very even match-up, but I do agree the match-up was a lot closer than people are making it out to be.
Well, it wasn't even "match-up" wise, but you couldn't say that Rafa was a clear favourite in every one of their matches like you've been able to for the most part after 09. Both guys for the most part took care of their best surfaces and then in 08 Roger's confidence vs Rafa took a freefall, perhaps starting with that Hamburg defeat.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:42 AM   #66
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA_MURRAY View Post

and i thought what really matters are slams, titles and weeks at #1

btw, #2 owns #1 only at clay. and #1 owns #2 indoors.
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:20 AM   #67
country flag BroTree456

BroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond reputeBroTree456 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAFA_MURRAY View Post

And for me what really matter is 17 > 12, 302 > 102 and GOAT > Cheater
Old 08-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #68
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I agree with you and I like tha fact that you're a die hard Federer fan who isn't just bent on insulting and discrediting Nadal.

However, do you ever get the feeling that when we're discussing Federer or Djokovic there are all these subcategories. Pre peak, post peak, match-ups, Nole 2.0, decline, clay, outside of clay and so forth.

When it comes to Nadal, all of a sudden none of it matters anymore - except to point out that clay is somehow an inferior surface where GOAT candidates don't need to prove themselves (e.g. Sampras). According to the haters Nadal peaked in 2011, was lucky in 2010, won AO beacuse Federer choked, won US Open because Djokovic choked, won Clay slam in '10 because there was no competition and so on and so on. If one puts all of these arguments together, I don't think one even believes himself. His wins against Federer are due to match up problem. His wins against Djokovic are due to clay and that Djokovic didn't peak until 2011. I'll try the same approach.

Djokovic is supposedly superior hard court player to Nadal but up until 2011 their H2H on hard was 7:5 for Nole with Nadal winning US Open final and Olympic SF. The reason Djokovic won four more matches is because Nadal was past his peak. Simple as that. Problem solved. Nadal on hard was on par with Nole until his peak ended and was also superior on other surfaces.

All of this with a preconceived notion that Nadal has been in his peak since 2005. Nadal apparently isn't bothered by matchups, at least I don't see anyone aknowleding that (Nikolay Davydenko, for example). No! According to people on this forum every weakness Nadal has is a sign he is overrated and he fluked half of his tournaments. How could that be?

Everything other players do to Nadal is credited to their skills, everything Nadal does to them is credited to peak, postpeak, field, fluke, choke and one handed backhand.

When Djokovic beats Nadal it's because he's better. When Nadal beats Nole it's because Nole choked. When Nadal takes Nole to five sets in Australia Djokovic is credited for super human effort in order to win. When Djokovic takes Nadal to five sets in Roland Garros he is getting closer, Nadal hardly avoided embarrassment on his turf and was ''lucky'' to win. It baffles me.
I see your point. But the H2H qualifications are made in response to Nadal-tards' using his H2Hs to proclaim him a superior player to Federer & Djokovic. It is entirely reasonable to reply that a disproportionate number of his matches against both players have been on (by far) Nadal's favourite surface, Federer's least favourite, and Djoker's 2nd or 3rd favourite. Nobody's (apart from rabid Fedtards) saying clay doesn't matter, or it's somehow an inferior surface, they're just pointing out that clay-skewed H2Hs are poor evidence for Nadal's overall superiority.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #69
country flag Slade
Anti-Dull Alliance

Slade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond reputeSlade has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Fatbutt is the proud owner of this record.

"I am always #2 so I cannot be the favourite always, no?"

ROGER FEDERER > dull
Slade is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:28 PM   #70
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophocles View Post
I see your point. But the H2H qualifications are made in response to Nadal-tards' using his H2Hs to proclaim him a superior player to Federer & Djokovic. It is entirely reasonable to reply that a disproportionate number of his matches against both players have been on (by far) Nadal's favourite surface, Federer's least favourite, and Djoker's 2nd or 3rd favourite. Nobody's (apart from rabid Fedtards) saying clay doesn't matter, or it's somehow an inferior surface, they're just pointing out that clay-skewed H2Hs are poor evidence for Nadal's overall superiority.
Nadal is untouchable in clay, Federer and the rest of the field are fragiles as paper when they face the claycourter from Manacor in their territory. Since clay is a minoritary part of the season I don't understand your complaints.

In other words, Nadal owns Federer on clay and is able to stand up on other surfaces... I mean, this is what a true champions does, finding a way to win whatever the conditions and the opponent

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 08-06-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:42 PM   #71
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Nadal is untouchable in clay, Federer and the rest of the field are fragiles as paper when they face the claycourter from Manacor in their territory. Since clay is a minoritary part of the season I don't understand your complaints.

In other words, Nadal owns Federer on clay and is able to stand up on other surfaces... I mean, this is what a true champions does, finding a way to win whatever the conditions and the opponent
Yeah, Nadal really proved he finds a way when he lost those 7 finals in a row. Enough with this finds a way crap.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #72
country flag Johnbert

Johnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond reputeJohnbert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I mean, this is what a true champions does, finding a way to win whatever the conditions and the opponent
like dull against djokovic as example
Johnbert is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 01:47 PM   #73
country flag Sophocles

Sophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond reputeSophocles has a reputation beyond repute

Strictly speaking, no champion has ever "found a way to win" whatever the conditions & the opponent. No champion has ever been unbeaten.
Old 08-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #74
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looner View Post
Yeah, Nadal really proved he finds a way when he lost those 7 finals in a row. Enough with this finds a way crap.
And he found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbert View Post
like dull against djokovic as example
He has a positive h2h against the Djoker and he won the last 4 matches of 5 played. Nadal is not Federer, he can have a bad streak as all the players have but he never become anyone's bitch.

God is killing me

Last edited by Kiedis : 08-06-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:18 PM   #75

Quote:
And he found.
... on clay. We may see how effective Rafa is on HC vs Djokovic should they play in Montreal.