Nadal is the tennis player with the most weeks at No. 2 in the world? - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2013, 04:28 PM   #46
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal is the tennis player with the most weeks at No. 2 in the world?

Why is this thread turning into another GOAT thread? OP asked a simple question. It has been answered. There is really nothing else to say.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #47
country flag Federer-Fan

Federer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal is the tennis player with the most weeks at No. 2 in the world?

Since Djokovic became Nole 2.0, Nadal doesn't have a positive record against him at all.

Each point Raonic wins is a step toward the end of tennis.
Federer-Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #48
country flag Federer-Fan

Federer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond reputeFederer-Fan has a reputation beyond repute

By the way, if Federer is the longest #1 ever and Nadal the longest #2 ever...
...is Nole the longest #3 ever ?

Each point Raonic wins is a step toward the end of tennis.
Federer-Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #49
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federer-Fan View Post
By the way, if Federer is the longest #1 ever and Nadal the longest #2 ever...
...is Nole the longest #3 ever ?
No, Connors is the longest #3 ever (more than 200 weeks). Edberg second (166 weeks). Djokovic 3rd (143 weeks).
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #50
country flag motorhead
Banned!

motorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond reputemotorhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Why is this thread turning into another GOAT thread?
http://www.menstennisforums.com/showthread.php?t=78381

check law #2
motorhead is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #51
country flag dazed1
Banned!

dazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond reputedazed1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
^Is this a fact or an opinion?
Fact.
dazed1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #52
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
Yes. Break the rules to your advantage, cheating. Look, it's not like he's doing this stuff once in a while, he's doing it in many times in every match. And you're free to pick your game style, but that means you bear the burden of its consequence. You don't go into every match expecting the rules to be bended your way to suit your game style.

Do you think it's fair if a S&V player steps one foot into the court when he serves or touch the net before the point ends every once in a while because it suits his style? You know, because he's being aggressive and all, and he's not doing it everytime. Hell no. Just like a grinder break the time limit between points to take an extra breather so he can maintain his exhausting game style. It's cheating.

I repeat, break the rules to your advantage, cheating. Break the rules, receive consequence. And about the umpire, don't pretend to be naive please, you and I know that a player of Nadal's stature is more important to the ATP and ITF than an umpire. The umpire is not gonna do anything harsh to Nadal because he's thinking about his career. So, it's not a matter of interpretation from the umpire, it's a matter of intimidation from the player, the ATP/ITF, and the fans of said player.

I don't care. Trick or no trick. Break the rules to your advantage, cheating. Whether it's Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Federer or even freaking Laver, if he decides to come out of retirement, no breaking rules. And I'm not even going into the on-court coaching shit. Yet.

You know, if this time limit rule really is a problem for most players and not suited for the modern game, as some said, why don't there's outcry and movement from players to change the rules? Maybe because it's not a problem for most players. It's only a problem for certain players. Anyway, the rules are there. As a pro player, Nadal should play within it.
Bla bla bla bla. The rules say that the person responsible to decide if a player is trying to take an unfair advantage breaking the rules is the umpire. Rafa has had penalties for taking too much time, the same as all the rest of players (I guess all of them are cheaters). Seriously, only the worst pathetic losers try to jutify a result speaking about the umpires/referees. Cry me a river.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:06 PM   #53
country flag selyoink

selyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond reputeselyoink has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You don't "fluke out" 4 Slam titles.
Well Nadull did, so I guess you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay Death
i add value to mtf. mtf needs me far more than i need mtf. i have even been offered money (a small monthy salary) to hang out and chill at a couple of other forums.
selyoink is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #54
country flag Slasher1985
Rankings Master

Slasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond reputeSlasher1985 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
Why is this thread turning into another GOAT thread? OP asked a simple question. It has been answered. There is really nothing else to say.
Everything here turns into a GOAT thread. Whenever a thread about the so called Big4 is opened, it's like lighting a spark over gasoline.
Slasher1985 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #55
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafador View Post
Before 2008 he was aged between 18-21 while Fed was at is prime. The fact that Rafa has him 8-6 during that time-frame clearly shows his dominance.

I am curious if Fed would even get to 10 Slams if Rafa would have been 3 or 4 years older and find his peak during 2004, 2005.
One, Nadal is Federer's hardest opponent, this is well known. Two, Nadal in 2005-2007 was hardly a bad player, he was #2 in the world. From 05 to 07,Rafa had a win over Fed on HC, and Fed had a win on clay.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker

Last edited by Kyle_Johansen : 08-05-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #56
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orka_n View Post
Learn not to interpret everything literally and then we'll talk, clown.

So you're saying that you're just trolling? Because you really didn't add anything to this dicussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenKJohn View Post
But You still didn't answer the question !!!

How is it possible to have a No 2 where he has winning record over the Current No 1 (Djokovic) and the previous No 1 (Federer) and still spend the most time behind them ???

Answer the question properly !!!

Well, part of the reason is that Nadal is often injured and/or exhausted at the end of the season.
If you cnnot play that often and miss some big tournaments, it shows in your ranking point breakdown.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:34 PM   #57
country flag Kiedis

Kiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond reputeKiedis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So you're saying that you're just trolling? Because you really didn't add anything to this dicussion.

Well, part of the reason is that Nadal is often injured and/or exhausted at the end of the season.
If you cnnot play that often and miss some big tournaments, it shows in your ranking point breakdown.
The other part of the reason is hard courts are more than half of tennis season. Hard Courters have a obvious advantage over grass courters or clay courters.

God is killing me
Kiedis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #58
country flag Kyle_Johansen

Kyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond reputeKyle_Johansen has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
The other part of the reason is hard courts are more than half of tennis season. Hard Courters have a obvious advantage over grass courters or clay courters.
He's good enough on HC, he even was before 2009. The bigger issue in my mind is that he plays so much the first half of the year that he runs out of gas post Wimbledon.
6) Rosewall 7) Agassi 8) Lendl 9) Connors 10) McEnroe
Top 10 favourite all-time list
1) Federer 2) Safin 3) Agassi 4) Sampras 5) Edberg
6) Lendl 7) Haas 8) Hewitt 9) Connors 10) Becker
Kyle_Johansen is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #59
country flag Shepherd

Shepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond reputeShepherd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_Johansen View Post
One, Nadal is Federer's hardest opponent, this is well known. Two, Nadal in 2005-2007 was hardly a bad player, he was #2 in the world. From 05 to 07,Rafa had a win over Fed on HC, and Fed had a win on clay.
I agree with you and I like tha fact that you're a die hard Federer fan who isn't just bent on insulting and discrediting Nadal.

However, do you ever get the feeling that when we're discussing Federer or Djokovic there are all these subcategories. Pre peak, post peak, match-ups, Nole 2.0, decline, clay, outside of clay and so forth.

When it comes to Nadal, all of a sudden none of it matters anymore - except to point out that clay is somehow an inferior surface where GOAT candidates don't need to prove themselves (e.g. Sampras). According to the haters Nadal peaked in 2011, was lucky in 2010, won AO beacuse Federer choked, won US Open because Djokovic choked, won Clay slam in '10 because there was no competition and so on and so on. If one puts all of these arguments together, I don't think one even believes himself. His wins against Federer are due to match up problem. His wins against Djokovic are due to clay and that Djokovic didn't peak until 2011. I'll try the same approach.

ATTENTION: INTENTIONAL TROLLING

Djokovic is supposedly superior hard court player to Nadal but up until 2011 their H2H on hard was 7:5 for Nole with Nadal winning US Open final and Olympic SF. The reason Djokovic won four more matches is because Nadal was past his peak. Simple as that. Problem solved. Nadal on hard was on par with Nole until his peak ended and was also superior on other surfaces.

All of this with a preconceived notion that Nadal has been in his peak since 2005. Nadal apparently isn't bothered by matchups, at least I don't see anyone aknowleding that (Nikolay Davydenko, for example). No! According to people on this forum every weakness Nadal has is a sign he is overrated and he fluked half of his tournaments. How could that be?

Everything other players do to Nadal is credited to their skills, everything Nadal does to them is credited to peak, postpeak, field, fluke, choke and one handed backhand.

When Djokovic beats Nadal it's because he's better. When Nadal beats Nole it's because Nole choked. When Nadal takes Nole to five sets in Australia Djokovic is credited for super human effort in order to win. When Djokovic takes Nadal to five sets in Roland Garros he is getting closer, Nadal hardly avoided embarrassment on his turf and was ''lucky'' to win. It baffles me.

Last edited by Shepherd : 08-05-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Shepherd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 09:46 PM   #60
country flag sco

sco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond reputesco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
I agree with you and I like tha fact that you're a die hard Federer fan who isn't just bent on insulting and discrediting Nadal.

However, do you ever get the feeling that when we're discussing Federer or Djokovic there are all these subcategories. Pre peak, post peak, match-ups, Nole 2.0, decline, clay, outside of clay and so forth.

When it comes to Nadal, all of a sudden none of it matters anymore - except to point out that clay is somehow an inferior surface where GOAT candidates don't need to prove themselves (e.g. Sampras). According to the haters Nadal peaked in 2011, was lucky in 2010, won AO beacuse Federer choked, won US Open because Djokovic choked, won Clay slam in '10 because there was no competition and so on and so on. If one puts all of these arguments together, I don't think one even believes himself. His wins against Federer are due to match up problem. His wins against Djokovic are due to clay and that Djokovic didn't peak until 2011. I'll try the same approach.

Djokovic is supposedly superior hard court player to Nadal but up until 2011 their H2H on hard was 7:5 for Nole with Nadal winning US Open final and Olympic SF. The reason Djokovic won four more matches is because Nadal was past his peak. Simple as that. Problem solved. Nadal on hard was on par with Nole until his peak ended and was also superior on other surfaces.

All of this with a preconceived notion that Nadal has been in his peak since 2005. Nadal apparently isn't bothered by matchups, at least I don't see anyone aknowleding that (Nikolay Davydenko, for example). No! According to people on this forum every weakness Nadal has is a sign he is overrated and he fluked half of his tournaments. How could that be?

Everything other players do to Nadal is credited to their skills, everything Nadal does to them is credited to peak, postpeak, field, fluke, choke and one handed backhand.

When Djokovic beats Nadal it's because he's better. When Nadal beats Nole it's because Nole choked. When Nadal takes Nole to five sets in Australia Djokovic is credited for super human effort in order to win. When Djokovic takes Nadal to five sets in Roland Garros he is getting closer, Nadal hardly avoided embarrassment on his turf and was ''lucky'' to win. It baffles me.
It's just over-reaction to the Nadal fans who think Nadal is the GOAT. It's like Kobe stans comparing Kobe to Michael Jordan. They irritate the rest of the basketball fans when it's obvious (by records, titles, every imaginable stat) that MJ is better. Same with Nadal/Fed - looking at it from a purely statistical standpoint - Fed has a MUCH stronger case for GOAT than Nadal. The only thing Nadal really has is clay and a head to head matchup nightmare with Fed.

Anyway, back to the OP, most weeks at #2 doesn't help Nadal's case for GOAT but hurts it.
sco is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote