Nadal is the tennis player with the most weeks at No. 2 in the world? - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-05-2013, 02:27 PM   #31
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal is the tennis player with the most weeks at No. 2 in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TropicalSunset View Post
Just cannot imagine a GOAT spending most of his career in the shadow of another decent player

He didn't and doesn't...he is beating his rivals most of the time and has a positive H2H with practically all top players.
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #32
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nadal is the tennis player with the most weeks at No. 2 in the world?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiedis View Post
First, all the players after a long rally usually exceed the time so then all are cheaters. Grinders/baseliners usually take more time for obvious reasons, this is true, but any player takes only 20 seconds in each and every one of his serves. If the rule was rigid would had a chronometer on court like in basketball which would sound automatically. But the spirit of the rule is that the player not delayed the serve for unjustified reasons, not prevent it totally although delay is justified.
Yes. Break the rules to your advantage, cheating. Look, it's not like he's doing this stuff once in a while, he's doing it in many times in every match. And you're free to pick your game style, but that means you bear the burden of its consequence. You don't go into every match expecting the rules to be bended your way to suit your game style.

Do you think it's fair if a S&V player steps one foot into the court when he serves or touch the net before the point ends every once in a while because it suits his style? You know, because he's being aggressive and all, and he's not doing it everytime. Hell no. Just like a grinder break the time limit between points to take an extra breather so he can maintain his exhausting game style. It's cheating.

Quote:
Second, tennis rules say that a player can not hit the ball out of specified bounds. If they do and the umpire watch it they must lose the point. A player who hit the ball out of the bounds is a cheater too? Is against the basic tennis rules so according your reasoning they are. A soccer player who kicks to another player is a cheater too? Is his fault if the Umpire does not interpret correctly a rule sometimes?
I repeat, break the rules to your advantage, cheating. Break the rules, receive consequence. And about the umpire, don't pretend to be naive please, you and I know that a player of Nadal's stature is more important to the ATP and ITF than an umpire. The umpire is not gonna do anything harsh to Nadal because he's thinking about his career. So, it's not a matter of interpretation from the umpire, it's a matter of intimidation from the player, the ATP/ITF, and the fans of said player.

Quote:
Third, time start to count when a player is in the line ready to serve. Nadal is very quick staying ready in the line, other players use the trick to delay to be in position to serve when they need it.
I don't care. Trick or no trick. Break the rules to your advantage, cheating. Whether it's Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Federer or even freaking Laver, if he decides to come out of retirement, no breaking rules. And I'm not even going into the on-court coaching shit. Yet.

You know, if this time limit rule really is a problem for most players and not suited for the modern game, as some said, why don't there's outcry and movement from players to change the rules? Maybe because it's not a problem for most players. It's only a problem for certain players. Anyway, the rules are there. As a pro player, Nadal should play within it.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #33
country flag SheenKJohn

SheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt01 View Post
He didn't and doesn't...he is beating his rivals most of the time and has a positive H2H with practically all top players.
Then why does he has the most weeks at No2 ??? He should have most weeks at No1 no ?
Something is not right !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Nadal's sliding on clay has always been sublime. One of the reasons he's clay GOAT is because he was always best slider on the surface and therefore able to adjust to blue clay better than his less skilled opponents.
SheenKJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #34
country flag Matt01

Matt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond reputeMatt01 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paseo View Post
You know, if this time limit rule really is a problem for most players and not suited for the modern game, as some said, why don't there's outcry and movement from players to change the rules? Maybe because it's not a problem for most players. It's only a problem for certain players. Anyway, the rules are there. As a pro player, Nadal should play within it.

Oh come one
We all know that there are lots of players who have problems with the time rules but we also all know why it's Nadal you are singling out.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:11 PM   #35
country flag Looner

Looner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond reputeLooner has a reputation beyond repute

Nadal is beating his rivals so often because when he's not in top form he's a lot more vulnerable to lesser-ranked players.

Hence, he usually plays the top guns on his best days as well as on days when the top guys are not always close to their best.

The "Who plays tennis?" thread

On beating weak era players in finals of slams
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lopez View Post
Say what you want about Federer playing Baghdatis and Gonzo in AO finals... But at least he won them
On patriotism and the DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crustaceok View Post
Barbados is in the same division as Spain. Unbelievable.
Looner is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:12 PM   #36
country flag TropicalSunset

TropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Beating top guys on his beloved surface and run away early on others does not give him any credit being GOAT.

a fan of: Andre Agassi, David Nalbandian, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Stanislas Wawrinka, Robin Soderling & all Chinese players
support: Juan Carlos Ferrero, Lleyton Hewitt, Marat Safin, James Blake, Nikolay Davydenko, Tommy Haas, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Lukas Rosol
like to watch: Philipp Kohlschreiber, Richard Gasquet, Nicolas Almagro, Mikhail Youzhny, Tommy Robredo, Grigor Dimitrov, Ernest Gulbis, Marcos Bagdatis, Steve Darcis

blacklisted:Any act of anti-tennis, say the Whine, the Knee, the Bald, the Ass-picking and the Moonballing.
TropicalSunset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #37
country flag Matt01

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheenKJohn View Post
Then why does he has the most weeks at No2 ??? He should have most weeks at No1 no ?
Something is not right !!!!!

Time for you to get used to the reality and accept the H2Hs
Old 08-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #38
country flag TropicalSunset

TropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond reputeTropicalSunset has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The reality is that at the time we judge who is the real champion we take H2H rather than the ATP ranking into consideration? right?

a fan of: Andre Agassi, David Nalbandian, Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Stanislas Wawrinka, Robin Soderling & all Chinese players
support: Juan Carlos Ferrero, Lleyton Hewitt, Marat Safin, James Blake, Nikolay Davydenko, Tommy Haas, Andy Murray, Juan Martin Del Potro, Lukas Rosol
like to watch: Philipp Kohlschreiber, Richard Gasquet, Nicolas Almagro, Mikhail Youzhny, Tommy Robredo, Grigor Dimitrov, Ernest Gulbis, Marcos Bagdatis, Steve Darcis

blacklisted:Any act of anti-tennis, say the Whine, the Knee, the Bald, the Ass-picking and the Moonballing.
TropicalSunset is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #39
country flag Matt01

Quote:
The reality is that at the time we judge who is the real champion we take H2H rather than the ATP ranking into consideration? right?

If you have the most Slams, it doesn't matter if you won them as #2 or #1...no one will give a f*ck about that...
Old 08-05-2013, 03:40 PM   #40
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you have the most Slams, it doesn't matter if you won them as #2 or #1...no one will give a f*ck about that...
Nadal will not win more slams than Fed, hope this helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:42 PM   #41
country flag Matt01

^Is this a fact or an opinion?
Old 08-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #42
country flag Orka_n

Orka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond reputeOrka_n has a reputation beyond repute

Learn not to interpret everything literally and then we'll talk, clown.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadalfan2013 View Post
I didn't see the match but I hope Nadal's injury isn't too serious. Get well soon Rafa!
During Nadal vs Kyrgios:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed of Light View Post
If Rafa loses today, that's it. I'm done with tennis.
Orka_n is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #43
country flag paseo

paseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond reputepaseo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Oh come one
We all know that there are lots of players who have problems with the time rules but we also all know why it's Nadal you are singling out.
Yes, there are. I'm singling Nadal out because he's the one we're talking about in this thread. Because he's the most popular among all of them. And because I'm done tolerating him since his coach, Toni, casually admits to the media that they cheat with on court coaching. It makes me so sad that he doesn't have enough respect for the game to at least be a tiny bit embarrassed by it. No respect for tennis, who have given a lot to Nadal, whatsoever.

And stop with the smileys. I'm being serious. If you can't take this seriously, then I'm not gonna respond to you again about this. Love the game more than the players, man. Come on. We're talking about one of the most popular player ever, one of the most successful player ever, and one of the best, really. To a lot of people, he represents the game. And he's a cheater. You know there's a lot of upcomers that idolize Nadal, right? They could easily follow his cheating habits too, you know.

Man, I don't get how any tennis fan don't find this at least a bit troublesome.
paseo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:03 PM   #44
country flag Rychu
Thumps Chest Repeatedly

Rychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond reputeRychu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Beating top guys on his beloved surface and run away early on others does not give him any credit being GOAT.
nailed it

Thiem - Kyrgios - Fognini - Monfils - Djokovic
Rychu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #45
country flag SheenKJohn

SheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond reputeSheenKJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But You still didn't answer the question !!!

How is it possible to have a No 2 where he has winning record over the Current No 1 (Djokovic) and the previous No 1 (Federer) and still spend the most time behind them ???

Answer the question properly !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspindoctor View Post
Nadal's sliding on clay has always been sublime. One of the reasons he's clay GOAT is because he was always best slider on the surface and therefore able to adjust to blue clay better than his less skilled opponents.
SheenKJohn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote