THE Game - In Trial - Litotes and Unforced Terror GOAT Montreal! - Page 4 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #46
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Game - In Trial

I would like to propose three rules to reduce confusion, if OP and others agree:

1) If you are writing odds in decimal form, always use the standard form(as opposed to the one used on MTF). So, it would be Del Potro@1.3 or Isner@3.97 instead of Del Potro@0.3 or Isner@2.97

2) Always mention the match(or the opponent) not just the outcome.
Unacceptable:
Isner to win first set 7-6: $5@5.2

Acceptable:
Isner to win first set against Del Potro 7-6: $5@5.2
OR
Del Potro-Isner: Isner to win first set 7-6: 5@5.2

It wouldn't matter most of the time, but on the few occasions that a player plays two matches in a day, it would.

3) Each result should be rounded to the nearest cent(two decimals).
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #47
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
I have one more question: If you are making a "different" kind of prediction, (such as Berlocq wins in straights, or berlocq wins tournament), where do you supposed to find the betting odds for that type of prediction?
This place is good for finding odds:
http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/match-coupon
If you want to find the best odds for, say, Youzhny - Melzer you find the match and clock on the "All odds" button, and get:
http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/at...-melzer/winner
Here you can see best odds on Youzhny is 2/5 at BetVictor and best on Melzer is 5/2 at Bet365. Or you can press the "decimal button and see 1.4 and 3.5 instad of 2/5 and 5/2.

You can also change from "winner" to "set betting" or "handicap" here.

NB! Odds might have changed when you read this, so don't take the numbers I gave for granted, they might no longer be there.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #48
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

^^ That sounds good

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #49
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
I would like to propose three rules to reduce confusion, if OP and others agree:

1) If you are writing odds in decimal form, always use the standard form(as opposed to the one used on MTF). So, it would be Del Potro@1.3 or Isner@3.97 instead of Del Potro@0.3 or Isner@2.97

2) Always mention the match(or the opponent) not just the outcome.
Unacceptable:
Isner to win first set 7-6: $5@5.2

Acceptable:
Isner to win first set against Del Potro 7-6: $5@5.2
OR
Del Potro-Isner: Isner to win first set 7-6: 5@5.2

It wouldn't matter most of the time, but on the few occasions that a player plays two matches in a day, it would.

3) Each result should be rounded to the nearest cent(two decimals).

I agree with these proposals. I guess I'll be using fractions myself, as this is what I'm most used to. But for those who want to use decimals, just copy exactly what you find at the bookie site, not what you can find at vBookie.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #50
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

So each player starts off with 100$ and he's not forced to bet them all on a match. So if i want i can bet 20$ on a match, than 20 on another, than 10 on another and so on. My question is when are the matches going to end? For instance i'll play against Unforced Terror and he makes a 50$ bet on Malisse to beat Levine @1.57 and he wins and he also bets 50$ on a match which he loses. Therefore he has 50 * 1.57 = 78.5 $. I for instance let's say i choose to bet 50$ on Raonic to win 2:0 @1.90 and i win and 50$ on another match which i lose so therefore i have 50 * 1.90 = 95$. So at that point i'll have more money than him but we will both have money left so he would have the possibility to surpass me. And so this could get on forever There must be something like a deadline day or something isn't it? And the player who ends up with the more money at the end of that day wins
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #51
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

^ It will last for the duration of the tournament, so only Rogers Cup for the trial.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #52

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
So each player starts off with 100$ and he's not forced to bet them all on a match. So if i want i can bet 20$ on a match, than 20 on another, than 10 on another and so on. My question is when are the matches going to end? For instance i'll play against Unforced Terror and he makes a 50$ bet on Malisse to beat Levine @1.57 and he wins and he also bets 50$ on a match which he loses. Therefore he has 50 * 1.57 = 78.5 $. I for instance let's say i choose to bet 50$ on Raonic to win 2:0 @1.90 and i win and 50$ on another match which i lose so therefore i have 50 * 1.90 = 95$. So at that point i'll have more money than him but we will both have money left so he would have the possibility to surpass me. And so this could get on forever There must be something like a deadline day or something isn't it? And the player who ends up with the more money at the end of that day wins
Yes, you can bet however much you want (as long as you have enough) on as many matches as you want. The match ends at the end of the Montreal tournament So whoever ends up with more $$ by the end of the tourney wins.

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Old 08-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #53
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

But why aren't we making this some kind of a knockout tournament? So we're 8 players, these are the quarterfinals. I propose that for monday and tuesday matches we should play the quarterfinals and 4 players should advance in the semifinals, then for the wednesday and thursday matches the semifinals will be played and then for the final the only matches which count should be the ones on friday, saturday and sunday (so quarters, semis and the final)
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
But why aren't we making this some kind of a knockout tournament? So we're 8 players, these are the quarterfinals. I propose that for monday and tuesday matches we should play the quarterfinals and 4 players should advance in the semifinals, then for the wednesday and thursday matches the semifinals will be played and then for the final the only matches which count should be the ones on friday, saturday and sunday (so quarters, semis and the final)
That's a great idea. At first we only had 4 people so that's why I didn't do a knockout. I like your idea, does anyone else agree?

Quote:
Old 08-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #55
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
That's a great idea. At first we only had 4 people so that's why I didn't do a knockout. I like your idea, does anyone else agree?
It fits nicely with eight players, I agree. Not sure we'd be as lucky every time. If we next time gets 12 players then there would have to be WOs or three competing against each other and one advancing to the next round for it to even out. I guess longer term it would be most practical to be everyone against everyone all week. For the trial a knock-out seems plausible, though. We could also do a consolation tournament for the four initial losers so everyone can play more than two days.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
It fits nicely with eight players, I agree. Not sure we'd be as lucky every time. If we next time gets 12 players then there would have to be WOs or three competing against each other and one advancing to the next round for it to even out. I guess longer term it would be most practical to be everyone against everyone all week. For the trial a knock-out seems plausible, though. We could also do a consolation tournament for the four initial losers so everyone can play more than two days.
Yeah, we can do knock out and consolation this time around We'll see how it goes.

Quote:
Old 08-04-2013, 04:38 PM   #57
country flag Pratik

I like the idea, but the problem would be that it would put a huge restriction on the number of participants. Commitments would thus become a big deal.

I guess it depends on what direction you want this game to take, assuming adequate participation.

1) If you want it to become similar to TT, then nole_no1's idea is good.
2) You could leave it as it is, with only individual match winners and no overall winner. Maximum one potential participant will be left out.
3a) Free for all. No individual matches. Overall winner is who is the richest at the end. Any number of players can take part.
3b) Free for all with bottom few at the end of each day being removed.

My preference is 3a, but it's the OP's game, so he can chose what he wants.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #58

That's true, Pratik. If the game is going to get bigger than we'll just do it by whoever makes the most money, which also gets rid of the same betting problem. For this trial, we'll do knockout just to see who it works, though

Quote:
Old 08-04-2013, 04:54 PM   #59
country flag Pratik

Default Re: THE Game - In Trial (OP Has New Rules)

Do you plan on starting the actual game for Cincy?

Since the draw is out and we have a day till the start of the tournament, we need a draw discussion. Who is the favourite? sleeper? dark horse? toughest road?
Old 08-04-2013, 04:56 PM   #60

Default Re: THE Game - In Trial (OP Has New Rules)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratik View Post
Do you plan on starting the actual game for Cincy?

Since the draw is out and we have a day till the start of the tournament, we need a draw discussion. Who is the favourite? sleeper? dark horse? toughest road?
I plan on absolutely nothing I'll just go with the flow, we may even have to do a trial v2.0

Actually, you can start making picks now if you want. Odds are already out for tomorrow's matches. I may do my picks soon.

Quote: