THE Game - In Trial - Litotes and Unforced Terror GOAT Montreal! - Page 3 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-04-2013, 12:32 AM   #31
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sham Kay View Post
It's Dylan's secret ploy to get the masses interested in THE Game, by keeping everyone wanting more. The guys an advertising genius.
I like this answer better

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2013, 03:34 AM   #32
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Game - In Trial

djokovicgonzalez didn't confirm
The next user who wants to play can do so against me. nole_no1? Unforced Terror? anyone else?
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 04:30 AM   #33

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

I just realized a kink with THE game: once you get more money than your opponent you can just make THE same exact bets as them to win. Ways around that are to either PM picks or make it just a competition and not a player vs. player format. This is why we have a trial, though Let's try THE player vs. player this time around and then work out THE flaws

@Markus: Not sure if you are doing qualy picks or not? If so then go ahead and I'll do mine in THE morning

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Old 08-04-2013, 05:52 AM   #34
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
I just realized a kink with THE game: once you get more money than your opponent you can just make THE same exact bets as them to win. Ways around that are to either PM picks or make it just a competition and not a player vs. player format. This is why we have a trial, though Let's try THE player vs. player this time around and then work out THE flaws

@Markus: Not sure if you are doing qualy picks or not? If so then go ahead and I'll do mine in THE morning
I'm not doing qualy picks, I'm sticking to the regular tournament ones.

As for the chance of being beaten by identical bets, you can stop that by adding one block to each player each day. A block would mean that your opponent can't do the same bet. So if you block Haas to beat Djokovic then I must either take Djokovic to beat Haas or abstain from that match altogether. You signify this by adding "BLOCK" after this particular pick. This will of course not stop Sham, Pratik or any player in other matches from picking Haas if they want to. Of course, there would be no imperative to use it.
Litotes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:32 AM   #35
country flag The Rocket

The Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond reputeThe Rocket has a reputation beyond repute

Great game, hope it gets players . If there is a place, I would like to play this trial.

Tennis Tipping
2012: SF Marrakech CH and Cividino Futures w/Crvena Zvezda ; SF Savanaah CH w/Tooom SF Tampere CH w/Yves ; Winner of Cordenons CH, Alphen CH w/Sonja1989
2013: Winner of Burnie CH w/Sonja1989
The Rocket is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:42 AM   #36
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
Great game, hope it gets players . If there is a place, I would like to play this trial.
The Rocket, as djokovicgonzalez has not confirmed you can play Pratik, who has. nole_no1 and Unforced Terror will be the 4th match if they confirm.
Old 08-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #37
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rocket View Post
Great. The Rocket vs. me
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:34 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litotes View Post
I'm not doing qualy picks, I'm sticking to the regular tournament ones.

As for the chance of being beaten by identical bets, you can stop that by adding one block to each player each day. A block would mean that your opponent can't do the same bet. So if you block Haas to beat Djokovic then I must either take Djokovic to beat Haas or abstain from that match altogether. You signify this by adding "BLOCK" after this particular pick. This will of course not stop Sham, Pratik or any player in other matches from picking Haas if they want to. Of course, there would be no imperative to use it.
That's a great idea, let's use that. I wouldn't use it for players, though. I would do it for bets, so if I chose Berlocq to beat Djokovic in straights then my opponent couldn't make that exact bet, but he could bet on Berlocq just to win.

And thanks to The Rocket for joining in!

Quote:
Old 08-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #39
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Quote:
That's a great idea, let's use that. I wouldn't use it for players, though. I would do it for bets, so if I chose Berlocq to beat Djokovic in straights then my opponent couldn't make that exact bet, but he could bet on Berlocq just to win.
Yes, I agree, the point was just to stop your opponent from doing the exact same thing. Berlocq in straights and Berlocq to win are of course two different bets.

Last edited by Litotes : 08-04-2013 at 12:53 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #40
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a PM to nole_no1, I will play him if he plays.

I have one more question: If you are making a "different" kind of prediction, (such as Berlocq wins in straights, or berlocq wins tournament), where do you supposed to find the betting odds for that type of prediction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Nothing wrong with my serve technically
Unforced Terror is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #41
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll play
nole_no1 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #42
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post

I have one more question: If you are making a "different" kind of prediction, (such as Berlocq wins in straights, or berlocq wins tournament), where do you supposed to find the betting odds for that type of prediction?
If you can't find it yourself you can ask in THE thread (or here) and one of the friendly folk here can give you THE best odds for it
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
I'll play
Awesome, you two will play the fourth match

@Unforced- Just go to any betting site, and you can find it. For example, if you go to bet365.com and go to Sports>Tennis>ATP Montreal Qual then it gives you odds for set betting, total # of games, and 1st set winner. Bet365 uses fractional odds, but they can still be used here

Quote:
Old 08-04-2013, 02:00 PM   #44
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Since this is a trial, we can take our time and sort out any potential problems as they happen.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #45
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
I'll play

Quote:
Awesome, you two will play the fourth match

@Unforced- Just go to any betting site, and you can find it. For example, if you go to bet365.com and go to Sports>Tennis>ATP Montreal Qual then it gives you odds for set betting, total # of games, and 1st set winner. Bet365 uses fractional odds, but they can still be used here
Okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Nothing wrong with my serve technically
Unforced Terror is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote