THE Game - In Trial - Litotes and Unforced Terror GOAT Montreal! - Page 2 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 08-03-2013, 06:55 PM   #16
country flag Pratik

Pratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond reputePratik has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THE Game - In Trial

Assuming that the game will continue beyond the trial, since players play each other, won't the game require commitments?

Are in-play bets allowed too?
Pratik is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #17
country flag Litotes
ALT-0

Litotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond reputeLitotes has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak3yman84 View Post
Well, I guess us 2 can start and then Sham would have to start Monday
As it's your game invention you can have the honor of making the first bet I'll consider the game to have officially begun when you've made your first.
Litotes is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 07:10 PM   #18
country flag Freak3yman84

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

@Pratik, you can play whenever you want and I can just keep track of wins/losses As for in play bets, you can do them if you post it right away

@Markus, I'll wait until the whole FQR is known

Number of Times I've Cried Over Sucking at FITD: All but four

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Sweet Cleopatra View Post
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Freak3yman84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #19

Freak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond reputeFreak3yman84 has a reputation beyond repute

Markus, feel free to pick whenever Or do you not want to start today?

W Samarkand Singles W Charlottesville W Lermontov W ATP Bastad W Bol Fut (w/MathMul) W Cordenons (w/dinkulpus)

Quote:
I like how you make me appreciate my life by comparing it to yours then I take a deep breath and say: Thank God..
Old 08-03-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
country flag Unforced Terror

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

EDIT: I'll watch. Sounds good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Groove View Post
Nothing wrong with my serve technically

Last edited by Unforced Terror : 08-03-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Unforced Terror is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforced Terror View Post
EDIT: I'll watch. Sounds good
Maybe you can play Pratik if djoko doesn't confirm?

Quote:
Old 08-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #22
country flag nole_no1

nole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond reputenole_no1 has a reputation beyond repute

Why are only the 4 of you playing? I want to play too
nole_no1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:20 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
Because it's a trial If you can find someone to play then go ahead. Pratik/Unforced Terror may want to play you

Quote:
Old 08-03-2013, 11:26 PM   #24

Unforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond reputeUnforced Terror has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is a trial game, I, Lenders, Sham Kay, and Litotes (I think he said he wanted to try?) are playing the trial.

The rules:
- Each person starts off with $100 (not real money)
- Each person can bet however much they want within the amount they have. They can also make any type of bet (match winner, tournament winner, number of sets, it's all good!)
Example of a bet: $10 on Pospisil to beat Isner @2.35
- Each time someone bets, they will make a new post
- The winners and losers of both matches will play each other again in another tourney

That should cover it

The draw:
Freak3yman84 vs. Litotes
Sham Kay vs. Mark Lenders
I have a question. How is the odds of the match relevant? I thought it is just the $ you bet that determines the your total money.

Quote:
Old 08-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #25

Quote:
I have a question. How is the odds of the match relevant? I thought it is just the $ you bet that determines the your total money.
Alright, let's say I have $100 and bet $15 on a winner @1.6. If I won I would multiply 15 x 1.6 which is $24 and therefore I made $9

Quote:
Old 08-03-2013, 11:38 PM   #26

Quote:
Alright, let's say I have $100 and bet $15 on a winner @1.6. If I won I would multiply 15 x 1.6 which is $24 and therefore I made $9
I understand, very smart You have to elaborate that part in the OP though.

If Djokovic plays some mug and the odds are 1 to 26, and you bet all your $100, and the mug beats Djokovic, you could make $2500

What is the rule for walkovers? (if you have made thought of that yet )

Quote:
Old 08-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #27

Quote:
I understand, very smart You have to elaborate that part in the OP though.

If Djokovic plays some mug and the odds are 1 to 26, and you bet all your $100, and the mug beats Djokovic, you could make $2500

What is the rule for walkovers? (if you have made thought of that yet )
I don't think I have to say that, it's just how tennis betting works

Well, yes, that can happen. But if you lose then you have no money

Walkovers/retirements are void

Quote:
Old 08-03-2013, 11:48 PM   #28

Quote:
I don't think I have to say that, it's just how tennis betting works

Well, yes, that can happen. But if you lose then you have no money

Walkovers/retirements are void
Oh I really had no clue how tennis betting works. All I knew was the person with the lower number in the live scoreboard was the favorite to win.

Thanks. THE Game will have great success here at MTF

Quote:
Old 08-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #29

Quote:
Oh I really had no clue how tennis betting works. All I knew was the person with the lower number in the live scoreboard was the favorite to win.

Thanks. THE Game will have great success here at MTF
Thanks for THE mention in your sig You can play nole_no1 or Pratik if you want?

Quote:
Old 08-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #30
country flag Sham Kay
Lurrrkin'

Sham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond reputeSham Kay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nole_no1 View Post
It's Dylan's secret ploy to get the masses interested in THE Game, by keeping everyone wanting more. The guys an advertising genius.
Sham Kay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote