*guillermo coria NEWS thread* - Page 9 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 01-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #121
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *guillermo coria NEWS thread*

I know it's not very important at the moment, but:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
Just saw this post in David's forum too:
http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=2571
"It was said on tv that David told Luli: It's either him, or me "
David was asked about it in an interview he gave to "La Nacion", jazz_girl translated parts of the interview in David's forum:
"-In some press there was a rumor about you asking Guillermo Coria not to be in the DC team. What's your opinion on that?
-I don't know where that came from, actually I didn't hear anything, but I don't care what they say."
(http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=2638)

Last edited by Truc : 01-16-2006 at 04:11 PM.
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2006, 02:07 PM   #122
country flag joyk

joyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond repute

I seriously doubt Nalby would do that,they`ve been friends for a long time,Guille has only said good things about him,the team neads both of them and David`s a nice guy.I really don`t believe those rumors.
joyk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:23 PM   #123
country flag icy55

icy55 has a reputation beyond reputeicy55 has a reputation beyond reputeicy55 has a reputation beyond reputeicy55 has a reputation beyond reputeicy55 has a reputation beyond reputeicy55 has a reputation beyond reputeicy55 has a reputation beyond reputeicy55 has a reputation beyond reputeicy55 has a reputation beyond reputeicy55 has a reputation beyond reputeicy55 has a reputation beyond repute

hey! may i know whats the bad blood between coria and the argentinian team??? I saw david playing today in aus open on tv (of course) you looks like a nice guy!!!
icy55 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 03:39 PM   #124
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
I know it's not very important at the moment, but:
David denied having said that in an interview he gave to "La Nacion", jazz_girl translated parts of the interview in David's forum:
"-In some press there was a rumor about you asking Guillermo Coria not to be in the DC team. What's your opinion on that?
-I don't know where that came from, actually I didn't hear anything, but I don't care what they say."
(http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...postcount=2638)

That's kind of strange. He didn't deny saying it. He just said he didn't know where it came from.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #125
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I expected that comment, I wanted to edit my message too because it wasn't accurate.
He doesn't deny having said that, he just talks about the rumour.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:40 PM   #126
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

um, I think it's a kind of denial...

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 04:47 PM   #127
country flag Truc

What do you mean exactly, psicho? Do you mean he wants to elude the question or he denies the whole rumour?
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyk
I seriously doubt Nalby would do that,they`ve been friends for a long time,Guille has only said good things about him,the team neads both of them and David`s a nice guy.I really don`t believe those rumors.
I could imagine he said that for the 1st tie in BA, for example, and his words were taken out of the context. I guess Gaudio will play the 1st tie since he never played in DC last year and had the most constant results on clay. And I can't blame David if he said "It's either Coria or me" (for that tie). It must be annoying for everybody to have Coria and Gaudio in the same team when it's not absolutely necessary.
But I can't believe he wants to exclude Coria from the team in general (for all the reasons you mentioned).

Last edited by Truc : 01-16-2006 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2006, 04:57 PM   #128

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

you see, Françoise, David used an idiomatic twist, if such an expression exists "yo no sé de dónde salió esto!" which sounds, to me, like "I don't know who invented that bullshit"

Old 01-16-2006, 05:53 PM   #129
country flag daze11

daze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond reputedaze11 has a reputation beyond repute

those 2 have been through so much together for so long that, even if they were not having a good relation for some reason, i dont believe nalby would stand in the way of guille & the team. it goes way beyond the respect of friendship ties...

tennis is ALL these people have been allowed to focus on since they were tiny. they dont have a lot of life outside what they give to tennis. it affects what they eat, when they sleep., what activities they allow themselves to do, and where they go (and largely, cannot go, like everyone else can, because they are so high profile). there are so many sacrifices... it matters more to them to be on davis cup than people who have broader lives can imagine. but david knows. i just dont believe any rumor like that could be accurate.

K I N G C O R I A . C O M
I am a PROUD 'Coron'! VIVA EL MAGO!

daze11 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 08:31 PM   #130
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichogaucho
you see, Françoise, David used an idiomatic twist, if such an expression exists "yo no sé de dónde salió esto!" which sounds, to me, like "I don't know who invented that bullshit"
ahhh. I see. Thanks
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:57 AM   #131
country flag joyk

joyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond reputejoyk has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with psichogaucho,he`s not eluding the question,he just denied the rumors.
joyk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:16 AM   #132
country flag Truc

There was an article about the DC yesterday in Clarin, the team will be announced on next Monday or Tuesday, it should be Nalby, Gaudio, Coria, Calleri (first single player: Nalby, Gaudio has the edge for the 2nd single for the time being, Calleri for the double).
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/01...es/d-05302.htm

Last edited by Truc : 01-20-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:40 PM   #133
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

From La Nacion.

"No tengo excusas y no hay explicaciones"

Así de terminante fue Guillermo Coria tras su derrota ante Sebastien Grosjean; "si hubiese sacado bien, el resultado hubiera sido otro", fue la autocrítica sobre su servicio; ahora trabajará para ser titular en la Copa Davis

MELBOURNE (De un enviado especial).- Desde afuera, genera la impresión de que cada game con su saque es un calvario. Quizá por eso, las diez mil personas que seguían su partido ante el francés Sebastien Grosjean en el Vodafone Arena, bajo una temperatura cercana a los 40 grados, decidieron alentarlo y aplaudirlo después de cometer su decimoséptima doble falta, cuando promediaba el tercer set. En definitiva, totalizaría 23.

Otra vez, el saque se convirtió en un karma para Coria, que no le encuentra una explicación ni un remedio. No es que no le dedique trabajo; aquí se lo ha visto practicar mucho ese golpe, pero en los partidos, el servicio aparece como un factor extra de preocupación. Porque si no hay velocidad ni potencia, está expuesto a quedar bajo presión o a sufrir devoluciones ganadoras; sobre todo si enfrenta a un adversario acostumbrado a recibir saques poderosos. Coria promedió aquí 138 km/h con su primer servicio; el más rápido, se sabe, es el de Andy Roddick, que orilla los 206 kilómetros. Grosjean, aun por debajo del nivel que tenía cuando era top ten, sólo convirtió nueve de los 26 break-points que tuvo en su favor. Es entonces cuando surge otra sensación: si Coria se mantiene dentro de los diez mejores del mundo a despecho de este problema, es sólo por talento y capacidad de lucha.

Coria aceptó sus errores: "Lo fundamental fue el saque, si hubiese sacado bien el resultado hubiera sido otro; no sé si hubiese ganado, pero sí que habría sido más parejo. De los tres que jugué acá, es el partido que peor saqué y sin embargo tuve posibilidades; no salió y hay que seguir trabajando. La verdad es que estoy preocupado, pero también sé que estoy haciendo todo lo posible para revertir esta situación. En algún momento las cosas tienen que salir bien, pero ahora no tengo excusas, no hay explicaciones, es algo que tengo que demostrar en la cancha".

-¿Cuánto repercute esto en tu juego?

-Solamente en que me cuesta ganar mis games de saque. El año pasado perdía muy fácil y ahora los sigo luchando. No me equivoqué mucho, la mitad fueron dobles faltas, pero hay que ponerle el pecho y no bajar la cabeza nunca. Esto es un desafío, quiero ser un jugador completo. Pero no es que estuve sacando mal en este torneo, ya hace un año que vengo así. Y que se hable tanto de esto también me pone un poco de presión. Ya lo hablamos con (su entrenador Josep) Perlas y hay que seguir.

-¿Hay alguna posibilidad de que no siga el vínculo con Perlas?

-No, sería una falta de respeto echarle la culpa a él, porque lo del saque es mi problema. Pero tampoco es bueno hacer público lo que pueda pasar, y cualquier decisión que tome la voy a hablar con él. Ahora estoy desilusionado por perder, pero no hay que apresurarse. Ahora quiero tomarme unos días y pensar en la Copa Davis. Hay jugadores que están mejor que yo, como Gaudio, Chela y Nalbandian, y sería injusto de mi parte pretender ser titular. Soy realista y sincero: quiero estar en el equipo, pero si no estoy bien tiene que jugar el que esté mejor.

Coria, además, se fue de Melbourne con un ligero corte en el dedo medio de la mano izquierda, que se hizo cuando tiró la raqueta e intentó tomarla de nuevo. También se quejó por el calor ("te saca potencia y reacción, se te queman los pies"), pero no quiso culpar a ese factor por esta caída. Y se fue, a pesar de todo, con cierta esperanza: "Yo sentía que si sacaba bien, lo ganaba. Si en estas condiciones soy el número 8 del mundo, puedo pelear más arriba si mejoro el saque". Pero aquí, en Melbourne, quedó en evidencia que el servicio sacó a Coria.

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:18 PM   #134

hey, if you want it, I'll translate the interview, but, as usual, I beg for your patience, I can do it tomorrow... (yesterday I worked eleven and a half hours, my brain doesn't work so good...)

Old 01-23-2006, 12:25 AM   #135
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

ok... I´ll try to summarize...

According to Clarin Perlas is no longer Guille´s coach, according to it that was a strong rumour after his defeat. Clarin tried to contact Perlas, Javier Capitaine, his trainer or Iván Gutiérrez fisioterapeuta (sorry, don´t know how to say this in English ) and couldn´t because their cellphones were off...
Apparently the relation was different from the US open, when Coria asked Perlas to go with him only to GSs and MSs. The rumour in that moment was that Guillermo planned to train with the cordoban Martín Rodríguez, recently retired. Allways according to Clarin, the reason why Perlas is no longer his coach would be the serve problems

patcoriafan translated the interview part in the other thread http://www.menstennisforums.com/show...&postcount=110

Last edited by lau : 01-23-2006 at 12:28 AM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote