*guillermo coria NEWS thread* - Page 15 - MensTennisForums.com

MensTennisForums.com

MenstennisForums.com is the premier Men's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old 02-09-2006, 05:41 PM   #211
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *guillermo coria NEWS thread*

No no, you're not naive, I'm obviously the one with evil thoughts! You're right, maybe Gaudio doesn't mean it in a negative way. I guess I was rather reacting to the other comments (everybody seemed to be happy that Coria doesn't play, so if the same people say now that Gaudio is right when he says that, it doesn't make any sense to me).
Truc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2006, 05:48 PM   #212
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichogaucho
yes, crack is something like an ace round here, I don't think that Gato's statement was a criticism, but maybe I'm so naive...
Hi, I never visit here, but I saw Truc's post in the Gaudio forum so I wanted to give my opinion. I particularly chose to translate that article because I liked what Gastón said. I believe he meant that a top player shouldn't be left out of the team, as a matter of principle. You can agree with him or not, but I'm sure it was said sincerely. Even if they have their differences, he was standing up for him in what he saw as an unfair situation.
I should have used inverted commas for "crack", as it has no exact translation, but yes, "ace" is the closest to it!
Btw, you're welcome to use anything I translate, as long as you don't take it out of context. After all, we're all lovers of tennis!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 05:57 PM   #213
country flag psichogaucho

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

hola Vale, and yes, Gaudio always speakes his mind...

I'm a proud Coron! Viva el Mago!

What do you think I mean when I say that I need you?
psichogaucho is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:01 PM   #214
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

"aunque no ande bien, Coria es un crack y los cracks siempre tienen que estar"
That´s actually a big compliment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truc
No no, you're not naive, I'm obviously the one with evil thoughts! You're right, maybe Gaudio doesn't mean it in a negative way. I guess I was rather reacting to the other comments (everybody seemed to be happy that Coria doesn't play, so if the same people say now that Gaudio is right when he says that, it doesn't make any sense to me) .
I know what you mean...
I must say I don´t agree with Gastón (but I think his words about Coria were sincere). DC is a team competition and the team is above any player. Although France allways had great players, IMO their succes in DC is a result of how their players seem to work as a team (despite the lastest "gossip" about Santoro and Forget )
Having said this, I think we´ll see Guillermo being part of the DC team in the next ties, for sure.
I was one of those who said that is was not "serious" or "weird" seeing Guillermo out of the team this time. Even he didn´t sound so sure about a call

Last edited by lau : 02-09-2006 at 06:18 PM.
lau is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:31 PM   #215
country flag Truc

Truc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond reputeTruc has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, I'm glad you wrote that (and you dared come to the Coria forum to answer us, Vale!) because it's a completely other perspective and I really misunderstood Gastón's statement, I'm sorry! I'm convinced now.
It's nice indeed from him to say that, but I agree with Lau, I still think it's the best for everybody that Guille doesn't play this tie.

(I'm glad we cleared the problem of the references to your translations in the Gaudio forum too, I was really embarrassed when I read "Hello lurkers and Coria fans" in the other thread.
As I said, today was not the best example, you will probably think I'm a "Gaudio hater" and I'm not!)
Old 02-09-2006, 06:54 PM   #216
country flag star
Blown Out On the Trail

star has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond reputestar has a reputation beyond repute

I never lurk in Gaston's forum.
star is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #217
country flag Guille's Girl

Guille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond reputeGuille's Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star

Me either. I only lurk here

Someday, we'll all be free.

!*~Guillermo Sebastian Mago Coria~*!
Guille's Girl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:14 PM   #218
country flag lau

lau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond reputelau has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by star

I do it everywhere, in almost all players forums And It´s quite interesting what some people write in their favs forums and in GM or other players forums , you get to know MTFers

EDIT: BTW, I use to post once in a while in those forums too...
Old 02-09-2006, 07:28 PM   #219
country flag napki

napki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond reputenapki has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guille's Girl
Me either. I only lurk here

You don't qualify for Lurkers Anonymous i'm afraid (but i certainly do )
napki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 08:01 PM   #220

psichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond reputepsichogaucho has a reputation beyond repute

oh, I almost forget...the word "crack" is really, really, an archaism...my granddad used it to describe football players whom played in 1950

Old 02-09-2006, 08:31 PM   #221
country flag Vale

Vale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond reputeVale has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by psichogaucho
oh, I almost forget...the word "crack" is really, really, an archaism...my granddad used it to describe football players whom played in 1950
I was SURE that the word "crack" existed in English to denote a star player, but I suddenly doubted my memory so I consulted my very complete dictionary! Among the many meanings, I found this one:
Crack: champion, excellent player. Also: excellent, superior, first rate.

In fact, I think the Argentines borrowed the English word and turned it into "crac"!
Vale is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:30 AM   #222
country flag Baseline

Baseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond reputeBaseline has a reputation beyond repute

Copa Telmex site article on Guille practicing, Moya & Ferrero arriving Friday, and what I think is a good pic of Guille from Thursday, in a new shirt, (v. nice, all-white) and best of all, he's smiling! Tourney organizers say if the draw allows they will try to have Guille's match the opening one on Monday night. Another part of the site says Guille will be at the draw ceremony Sat. 17:00. Also a pic of Guille winning trophy in 2004 on one of the menu links. to the organizers!

http://www.copatelmex.com/noticia.php?id=8

Site also lists some of the 32 draw qualifiers:
Juan Pablo Brzezicki y Sergio Roitman, de Argentina, Ricardo Mello, de Brasil, Nicolás Almagro y Felix Mantilla, de España, y también al austríaco Daniel Koellerer. http://www.copatelmex.com/novedad.php?id=12

VAMOS AT THE COPA TELMEX GUILLE!
Baseline is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 01:45 PM   #223
country flag lau

Guillermo is in the stadium with Moyá!!! He recieved a standing ovation
He said he went a week to Venado Tuerto and spent some time with friends and Carla..., and said he was working with someone (couldn´t hear ) and it is not inmediately looking for coach. Will continue working with XX ( sorry) who retired recently and with whom he feels very comfortable...

I know saying "XX" sounds like a joke, but I´m sure other Argentine heard this and will report that name soon
Old 02-11-2006, 03:01 PM   #224

Mr XX, in fact, is Diego Moyano a former pro player from Venado Tuerto

Old 02-12-2006, 09:37 AM   #225
country flag Truc

Thanks, Lau and psicho, it sounds great. I'm glad he was there to support the team (and got a warm reception by the crowd)!

There is also an interview of Guille in Clarin today (http://www.clarin.com/diario/2006/02...es/d-05803.htm):

TENIS : EL SEPTIMO DEL RANKING ESTUVO ALENTANDO A SUS COMPAÑEROS
Coria: "Me siento parte del equipo"
"Llegó en un carrito de golf con el español Carlos Moya, ingresó al estadio, Carlos Beillard, dirigente de la Asociación Argentina de Tenis, lo presentó como "uno de los que está en la historia grande de la Copa Davis" y Guillermo Coria —remera azul, pantalón pescador claro— fue muy bien recibido en el parque Roca.
"Fue una alegría muy grande el recibimiento de la gente. Hoy me toca estar de este lado, como alguna vez estuve adentro. Y eso no significa que no venga. Me siento parte del equipo. Hoy no estoy, pero trabajo lo más fuerte posible para recuperar mi confianza y estar de nuevo en el equipo", le dijo luego Coria a Clarín cuando asistió a la carpa de BNP Paribas.
Cuando se le consultó sobre cómo lo había recibió el equipo, el número 7 del mundo contestó: "Bien, bien. Por suerte pude llegar 10 minutos antes del partido y volví a sentir la adrenalina de antes de salir a jugar. Estuve en los festejos también".
—Los que le ganaron a Suecia ya están pensando en Croacia. ¿Vos también o tenés otras prioridades?
—Desde que hablé con Luli (por Alberto Mancini) en la reunión que tuvimos me puse como meta primero recuperar mi nivel, llegar al ATP de Buenos Aires de la mejor forma y que la gente se pueda ir contenta con mi tenis. Obviamente también me propuse estar en la Copa Davis, pero faltan varios torneos antes. Lo más importante ahora es recuperar mi juego.
Coria —que todavía no tiene técnico— se está entrenando con Diego Moyano, quien se retiró el año pasado. Ayer, con sus anteojos negros, pasó por la Copa Davis y alentó desde afuera. Se prendió en revolear una toalla y festejar el triunfo argentino. Con la pronta esperanza de volver a estar del lado de adentro."

I don't know if anybody feels like translating it or parts of it, otherwise it's easy to understand with an automatic translator (like http://www.freetranslation.com/)
It's about his reception by the crowd yesterday, why he didn't play this tie, the fact that he still feels part of the team etc. Nothing really new for us, but it's a nice interview, it sounds positive.

Edit: He says he's very touched by the reactions of the crowd. He feels part of the team and is working hard to be back in the team.
He arrived 10 minutes before the beginning of the match on Saturday and went to the players in the locker rooms, he could feel that "adrenaline feeling" before a match.
When he spoke with Mancini, they both agreed he first had to recover his tennis to be ready for the ATP tournament in Buenos Aires, to be able to show the people good tennis. He told Mancini he was ready to play, but it wasn't ideal without playing any tournament before the DC tie.

Last edited by Truc : 02-14-2006 at 07:23 AM.